Arnold P. Oranje is Professor ( since November 2005) in Pediatric Dermatology at the Erasmus Medical Center Rotterdam [Emeritus (August 2013)], the Netherlands.He has written more than 400 scientific papers, of which 248 are listed in PubMed, 246 in Web of Science (H-index 34) and 267 in Embase. He is the co-editor of the Textbook of Pediatric Dermatology (Harper, Oranje and Prose, 2000 and 2006, senior editor in the 4th planned edition for 2017) and is also editor of the Dutch Handboek Pediatric Dermatology (Kinderdermatologie). Professor Oranje was co-founder and Secretary of the Dutch Society for the Study of Sexually Transmitted Diseases. He was also founder and President of the Dutch-Belgian Society for Pediatric Dermatology (currently Dutch Society for Pediatric Dermatology). Professor Oranje was Secretary and President of the European Society for Pediatric Dermatology. He has written a thesis on gonococcal serology and numerous publications on different issues of dermatology and venereology.In 2012 he received a certificate of appreciation of the League of Dermatological Societies and in 2013 he became officer in the order of ORANJE – NASSAU.
2) Atopic dermatitis
4) Vascular anomalies
6) Child abuse
7) Pediatric dermatology
1) Oranje AP, Brouwer J, Vuzevski VD. Condylomata-like peniscarcinoma. Dermatologica 1976;152:47-54 (abstracts:Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 1976, Dermatology Digest 1977).
2) Blog FB, Chang Sing Pang AFI, Koning de GAJ, Oranje AP, Stolz E e.a. Penicilline producing strains of Neisseria gonorrhoea isolated in Rotterdam. Br J Vener Dis 1977;53:98-100
3) Vermeiden I, Oranje AP, Vuzevski VD, Stolz E. Mercury Exanthema as occupational dermatitis. Contactdermatitis 1980;6:88-90.
4) Noble RC, Oranje AP, Michel MF, Stolz E. Relationship of the interval between infections and the similary of gonococcal strains in recurrent gonorrhoea. Br J Vener Dis 1980;56:31-34.
5) Chang Sing Pang AFI, Oranje AP, Vuzevski VD, Stolz E. Successful treatment of keratoderma hereditaria mutilans with an aromatic retinoid. Arch Dermatol 1981;117:225-28.
6) Reimann K, Oranje AP, Michel MF. Demonstration of antigenic heterogeneity of Neisseria gonorrhoea pili antigens using human sera in the test system. Acta Path Microbiol Immunol Scand (Sect. C) 1982;90:47-52.
7) Oranje AP, Reimann K, Eijk van RVW, Schouten HJA, Roo de JC, Tideman GJ, Stolz E, Michel MF. Gonococcal Serology. A comparison of three different tests. Br J Vener Dis 1983;59:47-52.
8) Oranje AP, Iserief COA, De Roo JC, Stolz E, Michel MF. Antibodies to gonococcal pili in women with asymptomatic gonorrhoea. Diagnostic Value of the ELISA for testing women in attending an STD clinic. Br J Vener Dis 1983;59:85-88.
9) Oranje AP, Reimann K, Roo de JC, Schouten HJA, Stolz E, Michel MF. Enzyme linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) for detecting gonoccocal antibodies using two antigenically different gonococcal pili as antigen. Br J Vener Dis 1983;59:89-91.
10) Oranje AP, Roo de JC, Stolz E, Michel MF. Enzyme linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) using gonococcal pili as antigen. The value of testing consecutive serum samples obtained from defined patient groups attending an STD clinic in Rotterdam. Eur J Sex Transm Dis 1983;1:77-82.