Dr. Kaushal Kishor Prasad (KKP) is Additional Professor of The Division of Gastrointestinal Histopathology in the Department of Superspeciality of Gastroenterology at Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh, India. KKP is in the panels of experts for the World Association of Societies of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine (WASPaLM), and SAARC Academy of Cytopatology & Histopathology (SACH). KKP has modified the Marsh-Oberhuber classification of celiac disease, developed the grading system of histological lesions in celiac disease, coined the term “Follicular esophagitis” for a novel histopathological entity in esophagus and developed the rice based gluten-free composite flour cookies for celiac disease patients. KKP is reviewer for the extramural and intramural research project proposals especially on celiac disease.
1) Celiac disease
2) Microscopic colitis
3) Extrahepatic portal vein obstruction and
4) Inflammatory bowel disease
1) He published sixteen articles on celiac disease in international journals of high repute and three articles in national journal.
2) KKP is international editorial board member for more than 20 international journals and reviewer for more than 50 international journals.
3) He travelled across the world and delivered invited lectures and presented more than 160 scientific papers in more than 100 conferences.
4) He is life member/ member of 12 international and 10 national professional societies.
5) KKP also holds several key positions in various national and international scientific societies.
6) KKP has received 27 awards in international and national scientific forums including prestigious ISG-SR Naik award and V R Khanolkar award for his original work.
7) KKP has authored more than 75 papers and has contributed in more than 10 books in the field of Gastroenterology.
8) He is also iconic achiever for “The International Plato Award for Educational Achievement, International Hippocrates Award for Medical Achievement, Da Vinci Diamond – For Inspirational Accomplishment” etc.