Graskemper was the previous sole owner of a multi-specialty group practice in La Jolla California and now practices full-time in Bellport, New York and is a Clinical Associate Professor at Stony Brook School of Dental Medicine. Â He teaches Professional Responsibility, Dental Law, Ethics, Risk Management, and Practice Management. Â He has been awarded 6 Fellowships in Dentistry. Â He is a Board member of the International Dental Law and Ethics Society, American College of Legal Medicine, Suffolk County Dental Society. Â He recently authored a book: â€œProfessional Responsibility in Dentistry: A Practical Guide to Dental Law and Ethicsâ€. Â He belongs to many professional organizations, has lectured and has published nationally and internationally. Â He is very active in his community being a Past President of The Kiwanis Club of Patchogue, Past Chairmen of the Board of Maryhaven Center of Hope, Bellport Chamber of Commerce Member of the Year
1) General Dentistry
1) Graskemper, J. P., â€œThe wonderful world of independent contractors,â€ Dental Economics, 85, 75-77, 79 - 831995, 85: 75 â€“ 77, 79 â€“ 83, 85.
2) Graskemper, J. P., â€œSetting up shop: employment status,â€ Dentistry Today, 2000, 19 (7): 49 - 53.
3) Graskemper, J. P., â€œStarting/buying a practice,â€ Dentistry Today, 2000, 19 (8): 30 -33.
4) Graskemper, J. P., â€œHow to market a successful dental practice,â€ Dentistry Today, 2000, 19 (9): 28-31.
5) Graskemper, J. P., â€œHow to sell a treatment plan: co-diagnosing,â€ Dentistry Today, 2000, 19 (10): 41 - 43.
6) Graskemper, J. P., â€œEmployee management,â€ Dentistry Today, 2000, 19 (11): 36 -38.
7) Graskemper, J. P., â€œRisk management,â€ Dentistry Today, 2000, 19 (12): 32 â€“37.
8) Graskemper, J. P., â€œA new perspective on dental malpractice,â€ The Journal of the American Dental association, 2002, 133 6: 752â€“757.
9) Graskemper, J.P., â€œThe standard of care in dentistry,â€ The Journal of the American Dental Association, 2004, 35: 1449 -1455.
10) Graskemper, J.P., â€œInformed consent: a stepping stone in risk management,â€ The Compendium, April 2005, 26: 286â€“290.
11) Graskemper, J.P., â€œRisk management 101, basic doctrines and definitionsâ€, Expert Series for Dentists, Special Report @ www.berningaffiliates.com
12) Graskemper, J.P., â€œRisk management 102, a primer on what to do to prevent a lawsuitâ€, Expert Series for Dentists, Special Report @www.berningaffiliates.com