Dr. Xiawei Wei was educated at Zhejiang University for a bachelor's degree in pharmacy and at Sichuan University for Doctoral Degree in pharmacy. She is a faculty member of National/State Key Laboratory of Biotherapy, West China Hospital, West China Medical School, Sichuan University, Chengdu in China.She has published about 30 papers in international journals including Cell Research, J Control Release, Journal Immunology, Biomaterials, Scientific Reports, Hum Gene Therapy, etc.She also demonstrated that λ-carrageenan showed the antitumor and adjuvant activity by stimulating immune Response in cancer immunotherapy. Ammonia in blood and tumor microenviroments drives dendritic cells into dysfunction. Several review papers in international journals and book chapters was also invited to be published.
1)The toxicity and/or adverse immune responses induced by drugs
2)Drug delivery system
3)Biomarker of inflammation in blood
1. Wei X (corresponding author), Shao B, He Z, Ye T, Luo Mï¼Œ Luo S, Wang W, Yang Hï¼Œ Gong C, Gou M, Deng H, Zhao Y, Qian Z, Yang S, Sun X , Jiang C, Han J, Wu M, Yang L, Deng H, Li J, Zhang Z. Cationic Nanocarriers Induce Cell Necrosis through Impairment of Na+/K+-ATPase and Cause Subsequent Inflammatory Response. Cell Research, 2015 Feb;25(2):237-53 (Impact factor: 12.4)
2. Luo M, Shao B, Nie W, Wei XW (corresponding author), Li YL, Wang BL, He ZY, Liang X, Ye TH, Wei YQ., Antitumor and Adjuvant Activity of λ-carrageenan by Stimulating Immune Response in Cancer Immunotherapy. Scientific Reports. 2015 Jun 22;5:11062. doi: 10.1038/srep11062.
3. Li L., Wei X (corresponding author), Gao GP., We YQ., Non-viral gene deliver and Cas9/cripr mediated genome editing. Human Gene Therapy, 2015 (in Press).
4. Shao B, He Z, Ye T, Luo Mï¼ŒWei X (corresponding author), et al. Inhibition of A20 expression in tumor microenvironment exerts anti-tumor effect through inducing myeloid-derived suppressor cell apoptosis. Scientific Reports (in revision).
5. He ZY, Wei X(equally first author), Luo M, Luo ST, Yang Y, Yu YY, Chen Y, Ma CC, Liang X, Guo FC, Ye TH, Shi HS, Shen GB, Wang W, Gong FM, He G, Yang L, Zhao X, Song XR, Wei YQ. Folate-linked lipoplexes for short hairpin RNA targeting claudin-3 delivery in ovarian cancer xenografts. J Control Release. 2013 Dec 28;172(3):679-89.
6. Wei X, Lu X, Zhao Q, Qiu L. Thermosensitive β-cyclodextrin modified poly (ε-caprolactone)-poly(ethylene glycol)-poly (ε-caprolactone) micelles prolong the anti-inflammatory effect of indomethacin following local injection. Acta Biomater. 2013 Jun;9(6):6953-63.
7. Wei X, Zhang ZR, Wei YQ. Anti-angiogenic drugs currently in Phase II clinical trials for gynecological cancer treatment. Expert Opin Investig Drugs. 2013 Sep;22(9):1181-92
8. Wei X, Zhang Z, Qian Z. Pharmacokinetics and in vivo fate of drug loaded chitosan nanoparticles. Curr Drug Metab. 2012 May 1;13(4):364-71.
9. Wei X, Gong C, Gou M, Fu S, Guo Q, Shi S, Luo F, Guo G, Qiu L, Qian Z. Biodegradable poly(epsilon-caprolactone)-poly(ethylene glycol) copolymers as drug delivery system. Int J Pharm. 2009 Oct 20;381(1):1-18.
10. Wei X, Gong C, Shi S, Fu S, Men K, Zeng S, Zheng X, Gou M, Chen L, Qiu L, Qian Z. Self-assembled honokiol-loaded micelles based on poly (epsilon-caprolactone)-poly (ethylene glycol)-poly(epsilon-caprolactone) copolymer. Int J Pharm. 2009 Mar 18;369(1-2):170-5.
11. Ye T, Wei X, (equally first author), Yin T, Xia Y, Li D, Shao B, Song X, He S, Luo M, Gao X, He Z, Luo C, Xiong Y, Wang N, Zeng J, Zhao L, Shen G, Xie Y, Yu L, Wei Y. Inhibition of FGFR signaling by PD173074 improves antitumor immunity and impairs breast cancer metastasis. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2014 Feb;143(3):435-46.
12. Wei X, et al. Biodegradable Polymers: Research and Applications, P.365-387. in RSC Green Chemistry CHAPTER 12 No. 12 A Handbook of Applied Biopolymer Technology: Synthesis, Degradation and Applications. Edited by Sanjay K. Sharma and Ackmez Mudhoor. Royal Society of Chemistry 2011 Published by the Royal Society of Chemistry.
13. Ni C, Chen Y, Zeng M, Pei R, Du Y, Tang L, Wang M, Hu Y, Zhu H, He M, Wei X, Wang S, Ning X, Wang M, Wang J, Ma L, Chen X, Sun Q, Tang H, Wang Y, Wang X. In-cell infection: a novel pathway for Epstein-Barr virus infection mediated by cell-in-cell structures.Cell Res. 2015 Apr 28. doi: 10.1038/cr.2015.50. [Epub ahead of print]
14. Luo C, Shen G, Liu N, Gong F, Wei X, Yao S, Liu D, Teng X, Ye N, Zhang N, Zhou X, Li J, Yang L, Zhao X, Yang L, Xiang R, Wei YQ. Ammonia drives dendritic cells into dysfunction. J Immunol. 2014 Aug 1;193(3):1080-9.
15. Gong C, Wei X, Wang X, Wang Y, Guo G, Mao Y, Luo F, Qian Z. Biodegradable self-assembled PEG-PCL-PEG micelles for hydrophobic honokiol delivery: I. Preparation and characterization. Nanotechnology. 2010 May 28;21(21):215103
16. Wu Q, He S, Wei X, Shao B, Luo S, Guo F, Zhang H, Wang Y, Gong C, Yang L. Synergistic antitumor effect of recombinant adeno-associated virus-mediated pigment epithelium-derived factor with hyperthermia on solid tumor. Hum Gene Ther. 2014 Sep;25(9):811-23.
17. Yan HX, Li WW, Zhang Y, Wei X, Fu LX, Shen GB, Yin T, Li XY, Shi HS, Wan Y, Zhang QY, Li J, Yang SY, Wei YQ. Accumulation of FLT3(+) CD11c (+) dendritic cells in psoriatic lesions and the anti-psoriatic effect of a selective FLT3 inhibitor. Immunol Res. 2014 Oct;60(1):112-26.
18. Gong C, Deng S, Wu Q, Xiang M, Wei X, Li L, Gao X, Wang B, Sun L, Chen Y, Li Y, Liu L, Qian Z, Wei Y. Improving antiangiogenesis and anti-tumor activity of curcumin by biodegradable polymeric micelles. Biomaterials. 2013 Jan;34(4):1413-32.
19. Gao X, Wang B, Wei X, Men K, Zheng F, Zhou Y, Zheng Y, Gou M, Huang M, Guo G, Huang N, Qian Z, Wei Y. Anticancer effect and mechanism of polymer micelle-encapsulated quercetin on ovarian cancer. Nanoscale. 2012 Nov 21;4(22):7021-30.
20. Men K, Liu W, Li L, Duan X, Wang P, Gou M, Wei X, Gao X, Wang B, Du Y, Huang M, Chen L, Qian Z, Wei Y. Delivering instilled hydrophobic drug to the bladder by a cationic nanoparticle and thermo-sensitive hydrogel composite system. Nanoscale. 2012 Oct 21;4(20):6425-33