Lawrence Gettleman completed his Postgraduation from University of Missouri at Rolla in the year 1967-1968. Got dental licensure Commonwealth of Massachusetts, No. 10386, Â 1966,State of Missouri, No.Â LICENSURE:10891, 1968. Â State of Louisiana, No. 3229, Â 1976, present State of Florida, No. 4094, 1966. Â Commonwealth of Kentucky, No. 6424, 1990.Worked as Associate Professor and Head, Department of Biomaterials, Louisiana State University Â School of Dentistry, New Orleans, Louisiana, 1976 80. Â Associate Clinical Professor, 1980. Â Tenured September 1, 1978.
3) Maxillofacial Prosthetics
1) SÃ¶remark, R., Freedman, G., Goldin, J., and Gettleman, L. Structure and Microdistribution of Components of Gold Alloys. J. Dent. Res. 45(6) 1723-35, 1966.
2) Gettleman, L., Freedman, G., Shaw, B., Goldin, J., and SÃ¶remark R. Studies on a New Dental Casting Gold Alloy. J. Dent. Res. 46:595-601, l967.
3) Gettleman, L. Investigation and Development of Casting Gold Alloy Testing Procedures and Alloys Containing Low Levels of Addition Elements. Master of Science in Dentistry thesis, St. Louis University, School of Dentistry and the Graduate School, l969.
4) Gettleman, L., and Harrison, J.D. Improved Tensile Specimen for Dental Casting Gold Alloys. J. Dent. Res. 48:278-281, 1969.
5) Gettleman, L., and Ryge, G. Accuracy of Stone, Metal and Plastic Die Materials, J. Calif. Dent. Assoc. 46:28-31, 1970.
6) Gettleman, L., Harrison, J.D., and Brasunas, A. deS Hypoeutectic Gold Cobalt Alloys for Dental Prostheses. J. Biomed. Mater. Res. 6:25-32, 1972.
7) Herzberg, T., Gettleman, L., Webber, R.L., and Moffa, J.P. Effect of Metal Surface Treatment on Masking Power of Opaque Porcelain. J. Dent. Res. 51:468-72, 1972.
8) Gettleman, L., Webber, R.L., Potter, W.R., and Moffa, J.P. Shot Impact Test for Dental Amalgam. J. Dent. Res. 51:519-25, 1972.
9) Moffa, J.P., Going, R.E., and Gettleman, L. Silver Pins Their Influence on the Strength and Adaptation of Amalgam. J. Prosthet. Dent. 28:491-99, 1972.
10) Moffa, J.P., Lugassy, A.A., Guckes, A.D., and Gettleman, L. An Evaluation of Nonprecious Alloys for Use with Porcelain Veneers. Part I, Physical Properties. J. Prosthet. Dent. 30:424-31, Oct. 1973.
11) Stepnick, R.J., and Gettleman, L Microhardness of Human Apical Cementum Related to Fluoride Exposure and Age. J. Dent. Res. 54:905, 1975.
12) Gettleman, L., Nathanson, D., Myerson, R.L., & Hodosh, M.: Porous, Heat-Cured Poly-(Methyl Methacrylate) for Dental Implants. J. Biomed. Mater. Res. Symposium #6, 9:243-49, 1975.
13) Gettleman, L., and Agranat, B.J.: Polysulfide Rubber Foreign Body: Report of a Case. Quintessence Int. 7:21-24, 1976.
14) Gettleman, L., Nathanson, D., and Myerson, R.L. Effect of Rapid Curing Procedures on Polymer Implant Materials. J. Prosthet. Dent. 37:74-82, 1977.
15) Gettleman, L., Herzberg, T.W., Webber, R.L., and Moffa, J.P. The Effect of Metal Surface Treatment on the Masking Power of Opaque Porcelain. In Dental Porcelain: The State of the Art -1977. Henry N. Yamada and Penelope B. Grenoble, editors, University of Southern California School of Dentistry, 1977, pp. 161-65, 1977.
16) Gettleman, L. More on ZOE-EBA Cements. Letter to the editor. J. Amer. Dent. Assoc. 95(4): 671, 1977.
HONORS and AWARDS
1) Nominated for Provostâ€™s Award in Exemplary Advising, University of Louisville, 2005.
2) Forum Fellow, The Courier-Journal, editorial board contributor, Louisville, Kentucky, 2005.
3) Golden Apple Award for Excellence in Science Fair Program Support and Promotion, by the American Dental Association on behalf of the Louisville Dental Society, 2005, 2014.