Dr. Mehdi Shadaram is Briscoe Distinguished Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering and Associate Dean of Engineering at the University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA). He has published more than hundred twenty articles in refereed journals and conference proceedings. Under his supervision, twelve doctoral candidates and thirty-eight master’s students have finished their degree programs in the past 30 years. He has been the General Chair, TPC Chair/Member, Session Chair, and Panelist in several IEEE conferences. He is a senior member of IEEE and member of Optical Society of America (OSA), Society of Photo-Optical Instrumentation Engineers (SPIE), American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE), American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), and the honor societies of Eta Kappa Nu and Phi Kappa Phi. He is currently the Area Editor Wireless Systems of the Journal of Computers and Electrical Engineering. He has served on several Review Boards including the National Research Council Ford Foundation, National Science Foundation and US Civilian Research, Development Foundation, and Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada. Dr. Shadaram has collaborated with numerous researchers from Japan, France, Canada, and US on projects dealing with fiber optic links and devices. He is also a registered Professional Engineer in the State of Texas. He received his Ph.D. in electrical engineering in 1984 from University of Oklahoma.
His main area of research activity is in the broadband analog and digital fiber optic communication systems and photonic devices. NASA, Jet Propulsion Laboratory, National Science Foundation, Office of Naval Research, US Department of Education, Department of Energy, Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, Texas Instruments and Lucent Technologies have funded his research projects.
1. M. Niknamfar, R. Barnes and M. Shadaram, \"Comparative study of the performance of CATV channels over DWDM network using direct and external modulator,\" 14th International Conference on Transparent Optical Networks (ICTON), Coventry, UK, July 2-5, 2012
2. C. Lacatus, D. Akopian, and M. Shadaram, \"Reduced complexity crosscorrelation interference mitigation in GPS-enabled collaborative ad-hoc wireless networks,\" Journal of Computer and Electrical Engineering, Vol. 38, May 2012, pp. 603-615.
3. M. Shadaram, M. Niknamfar, R.Barnes, J. Medrano, A. Musa \"Limitations of all optical circuit-switched high data rate networks,\" 13th International Conference on Transparent Optical Networks ICTON 2011, Stockholm, Sweden, June 26-30, 2011.
4. A. Moghadas, R. Barnes, M. Shadaram,\"Fiber Bragg grating sensor for fault detection in high voltage transformers,\" IEEE EnergyTech 2011, Cleveland, OH, May 25-26, 2011.
5. A. Moghadas and M. Shadaram, \"Fiber Bragg grating sensor for fault detection in radial and network transmission lines,\" Sensors, Vol. 10, Issue 10, October, 2010, pp. 9407-9423.
6. C. Lacatus, D. Akopian, P. Yaddanapudi, and M. Shadaram, \"Flexible spectrum and power allocation for OFDM unlicensed wireless systems,\" IEEE Systems Journal, Vol. 3, No. 2, June 2009, pp. 254-264.
7. C. Lacatus, D. Akopian and M. Shadaram, \"Reduced complexity algorithm for spreading sequence design,\" IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II, Vol. 55, Issue 12, December 2008, pp. 1309-1313.
8. C. Lacatus, D.C. Popescu, M. Shadaram, \"Distributed algorithm for optimal sequence and power allocation in uplink CDMA systems,\" accepted for publication in Journal of IEE Proceedings on Communications
9. J. Medrano, V. Gonzalez, A. Musa, and M. Shadaram, \"Architecture of a dual stage optical label switch using out-of-band wavelength and code optical properties,\" IEEE Journal of Selected Topics on Quantum Electronics, Vol. 13, Issue 5, Part 2, September-October 2007, pp. 1568-1578.
10. M. Shadaram, A. Musa, V. Gonzalez, J. Medrano, \"Routing algorithm using the flooding mechanism in a hybrid optical-CDMA and WDM all-optical network\" Journal of Optical Fiber Technology, Vol. 13, April 2007, pp. 149-155
11. P. Chennu and M. Shadaram, \"Performance evaluation of analog fiber optic links\" International Engineering Consortium, Annual Review of Communications, Volume 59, December 2006, pp. 651-665.
12. M. Shadaram, P. Cotae, J. Summerfield, and J. Bratton \"Effect of EDFA gain on WDM fiber optic standard frequency distribution link,\" IEEE MILCOM, Washington, DC, Paper US-W-Y-5, October 23 -26, 2006.
13. P. Cotae, M. Aguirre, M. Shadaram, \"Characterization of sum of overloaded S-CDMA,\" International Conference on Communications, Bucharest, Romania, June 8-10, 2006, pp. 215- 218.