Dr. Errol Lobo completed his Ph.D from University of California San Francisco,San Francisco, California in the period 1983-1989 on Experimental Pathology.Received Licence with California (G69007) in 1990.Presently working as Professor of Clinical Anesthesia.Recently received Exceptional Physician Award, University of California, San Francisco.
Vascular Anesthesia, Anesthesia for Bariatric Surgery, Operating Room Management, School of Medicine Admissions, Medical Student Core Curriculum, University of California International Education Program, Clinical research, Committee on Human Research, Operating Room Efficiency, Risk Management, Surgical Care Improvement Projects
1. Perez HD, Elfman F, Lobo E, Skylar L, Chenoweth D, Hooper C: A derivative of wheat germ agglutinin specifically inhibits formyl peptide-induced polymorphonuclear leukocyte chemotaxis by blocking re-expression (or recycling) of receptors. J Immunol 136:1803, 1986.
2. Perez HD, Elfman F, Lobo E: Removal of human polymorphonuclear leukocyte surface sialic acid inhibits re-expression (or recycling) of formyl peptide receptors. J Immunol 189:1978, 1987.
3. Perez HD, Elfman FE, Marder S, Lobo E, et al: Formyl peptide-induced chemotaxis of human polymorphonuclear leukocytes does not require either marked changes in cytosolic calcium or specific granule discharge. J Clin Invest 83:1963, 1989.
4. Lobo E, Elfman F, Kelly E, et al: Effects of phorbol myristate acetate on processing of FMLP receptors by human neutrophils. Biochem et Biophys Acta 1055:193, 1990.
5. Peter N. Bretan, Errol Lobo , Johnny A. Chang, et. al., Assessment Of Preservation Induced Reperfusion Injury: Renal Transplant Blood Flow And Endothelin Concentration. Journal of Urology 158:714-718 Sept.1997
6. Bretan, P.N., Johnny A. Chang, Errol Lobo, et. al., , Experimental and clinical assessment of preservation-induced reperfusion injury comparing renal transplant blood flow and renal endothelin concentrations. Transplant Proc, 1997. 29(8): p. 3520-1.
7. Negishi C, Lenhardt R, Sessler DI, De Witte J, Ikeda T, Kurz A. and Lobo E.P. Desflurane Reduces the Febrile Response to Administration of Interleukin-2. Anesthesiology, 1998 88(5): p 1162-1170.
8. Kan R.E., Hughes SC., Rosen MA., Kessin C, Preston P, Lobo EP. Intravenous remifentanil: placental transfer, maternal and neonatal effects. Anesthesiology, 1998 Jun, 88(6):1467-74.
9. Harrison MR, Mychaliska GB, Albanese CT, Jennings RW, Farrell JA Hawgood S, Sandberg P, Levine AH, Lobo E, Filly RA. Correction of congenital diaphragmatic hernia in utero IX: fetuses with poor prognosis (liver herniation and low lung-to-head ratio) can be saved by fetoscopic temporary tracheal occlusion. Journal of Pediatric Surgery, 1998 Jul, 33(7):1017-22 discussion 1022-3.
10. Lenhardt R, Negishi C, Sessler DI, Ozaki M, Ettinger K, Bastanmehr H, Lobo E. The effect of pyrogen administration on sweating and vasoconstriction thresholds during desflurane anesthesia. Anesthesiology, 1999 Jun, 90(6):1587-95.
11. Talke PO, Lobo EP, Brown R, Richardson CA. Clonidine-induced vasoconstriction in awake volunteers. Anesthesia and Analgesia, 2001 Aug, 93(2):271-6
12. Talke PO, Lobo EP, Brown R. Systemically administered alpha2-agonist-induced peripheral vasoconstriction in humans. Anesthesiology, 2003 July ,99(1):65-70.
13. Chuter TA, Schneider DB, Reilly LM, Lobo EP, Messina LM. Modular branched stent graft for endovascular repair of aortic arch aneurysm and dissection. Journal of Vascular Surgery, 2003, 38(4):859-863.
14. Argo F, Sena F, Lobo EP, Scarlata S, Dardes N, Barzoi G. The Dexter Endoscopic Dexterity Trainer improves fibreoptic bronchoscopy skills: preliminary observations. Can J Anaesth. 2005 Feb; 52(2);215-6. No abstract available. PMID: 15684273 (PubMed – indexed for MEDLINE)
15. Talke P, Stapelfedlt C, Lobo E, Brown R, Scheinin M, Snapir A. Effect of alpha2B-adrenoceptor polymorphism on peripheral vasoconstriction in healthy volunteers. Anesthesiology. 2005 Mar; 102(3):536-42. PMID: 15731590 (PubMed – indexed for MEDLINE)
16. Talke P, Stapelfedlt C, Lobo E, Brown R, Scheinin M, Snapir A. Alpha-2B adrenoceptor polymorphism and peripheral vasoconstriction. Pharmacogenet Genomics. 2005 May; 15(5):357-63. PMID: 15864138 (PubMed – indexed for MEDLINE)
17. Tedesco P, Lobo E, Fisichella PM, Way LW, Patti MG. Laparoscopic fundoplication in elderly patients with gastroesophageal reflux disease. Arch Surg. 2006 Mar; 141(3):289-92; discussion 292. PMID: 16549695 (PubMed – indexed for MEDLINE)