Dr.Samir Dalia completed his medical school at the Northeastern Ohio Medical University in 2007 and then trained in internal medicine at Brown University.Dr.Dalia was a academic hospitalist for one year and went on to do hematology and oncology fellowship at the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute in Tampa, Florida.He is currently a practicing board certified hematologist oncologist in Joplin, Missouri.He continued to do clinical research and have research interests in lymphoma and specifically viral induced lymphoma.
1) Lymphoma and specifically viral induced lymphoma.
1.Dalia S, Jaglal M, Chervenick P, Cualing H, Sokol L. Clinicopathologic Characteristics and Outcomes of Histiocytic and Dendritic Cell Neoplasms: The Moffitt Cancer Center Experience over the last twenty five years . “Cancers.” 2014 Nov 14;6(4):2275-2295.
2.Dalia S, Sagtys E, Sokol L, Kubal T. Rosai-Dorfman Disease: A review of tumor biology, clinical features, pathology and treatment. “Cancer Control Journal.” 2014 Oct;21(4):322-7.
3.Dalia S, Shao H, Sagtys E, Cualing H, Sokol L. Dendritic cell and Histiocytic neoplasms: Biology, Diagnosis, and Treatment. “Cancer Control Journal” 2014 Oct; 21 (4): 290-300.
4. Sweet K, Al Ali NH, Dalia SM, Komrokji RS, Crescentini RM, Tinsley S, Lancet JE, Papenhausen PR, Zhang L, Pinilla-Ibarz J. “Increased genomic instability may contribute to the development of kinase domain mutations in chronic myeloid leukemia. “Int J Hematol” 2014 Dec; 100(6):567-74.
5.Castillo J, Bower, m, Novak U, Bruhlmann J, Furrer H, Tanaka P, Besson C, Montoto S, Cwynarski K, Abramson J, Dalia S et al. Prognostic factors for advanced stage HIV-associated classical Hodgkin lymphoma treated with ABVD and combined antiretroviral therapy: A multi-institutional retrospective study. “Cancer.” 2015 Feb 1;121(3):423-31.
6.Chavez J, Kharfan-Dabaja MA, Kim J, Yue B, Dalia S, Pinilla-Ibarz J, Anasetti C, Locke F. Genomic aberrations deletion 11q and deletion 17p independently predict for worse progression-free and overall survival after allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation for chronic lymphocytic leukemia. “Leukemia Research.” 2014 Apr 28. Pii: S0145-2126(14)00117-9 epub ahead of print.
7.Eatrides J, Thompson Z, Lee JH, Bello C, Dalia S. Serum albumin as a stable predictor of prognosis during initial treatment in patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. “Annals of Hematology.” 2014 July 19. Epub ahead of print.
8.Chavez JC, Kharfan-Dabaja MA, Kim J, Yue B, Dalia S, Pinilla-Ibarz J, Anasetti C, Locke FL. Genomic aberrations deletion 11q and deletion 17p independently predict for worse progression-free and overall survival after allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation for chronic lymphocytic leukemia. “Leukemia Research” 2014 Oct;38(10):1165-72.
9.Dalia SM, Horna P, Zhang L. Tetraploidy acute promyelocytic leukemia with double t(15;17)/PML-RARA, a case report with review of the literature. “Int J Clinic Exp Pathology” 2014 Jul 15;7(8):5363-8
10.Dalia S, Price S, Forsyth P, Sokol L, Jaglal M. What is the optimal dose of high dose methotrexate in the initial treatment of Primary Central Nervous System Lymphoma? “Leukemia and Lymphoma.” 2014 Jul 17:1-3.
11.Reagan JL, Ingham RR, Dalia S, Butera JN, Sweeney JD. Differences in the clinical course of heparin induced thrombocytopenia before and after the availability of HIT IgG class testing. “Thrombosis Research” 2014 Jul; 134(1):90-2.
12.Dalia S, Chavez J, Little B, Bello C, Fisher K, Lee J, Chervenick P, Sokol L, Sotomayor E, Shah B. Serum albumin retains independent prognostic significance in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma in the post-rituximab era. “Annals of Hematology” 2014 Aug;93(8):1305-12
13.Dalia S, Forsyth P, Chavez J, Price S, Shah B, Bello C, Sokol L, Pan E, Sotomayor E, Lee J, Fisher K, Jaglal M. Primary B-cell CNS lymphoma clinicopathologic and treatment outcomes in 89 patients from a single tertiary care center. International Journal of Hematology. 2014 April 99(4);450-6.
14. Dalia S, Brayer J, Horna P, Zhang H, Pinilla-Ibarz J. Transformation to Hodgkin Disease in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia coexisting with Epstein Barr viremia. “Leukemia and Lymphoma.” 2014 Mar 18 epub ahead of print.
15.Castillo JJ, Ingham R, Reagan J, Furman M, Dalia S, Mitri J. Obesity is associated with increased relative risk of diffuse large B-cell lymphoma: A meta-analysis of observation studies. “Clinical Lymphoma, Myeloma, and Leukemia.” 2013 April 14 (2)122-30.
`16.Dalia S, Chavez J, Castillo JJ, Sokol L. Hepatitis B infection increases the risk of non-Hodgkin lymphoma: A meta-analysis of observational studies. “Leukemia Research”. 2013 Sep;37(9): 1007-15.
17. Dalia S, Zhang L. Homozygous Hemoglobin C Disease-Blood Work Image. “Blood.” 2013 September 5, 2013 122:1694.
18.Cultrera JL, Dalia SM. Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma: current strategies and future directions. “Cancer Control.” 2012 Jul;19(3):204-13
19.Lee S, Dalia S. Drug Induced Chronic Pancreatitis. “Medicine and Health Rhode Island.” 2012 Jan; 95(1):19-20
20.Castillo JJ, Dalia S. Cigarette Smoking is Associated with a Small Increase in the Incidence of Non-Hodgkin lymphoma: A meta-analysis of 24 Observational Studies. “Leukemia and Lymphoma.” 2012 Oct; 53(10):1911-9
21. Castillo JJ, Reagan JL, Ingham RR, Furman M, Dalia S et al. Obesity But Not Overweight Increases the Incidence and Mortality of Leukemia in Adults: A Meta-Analysis of Prospective Cohort Studies. “Leukemia Research.” 2012 Jul;36(7):868-75
22.Castillo JJ, Dalia S, Shum H. Meta-Analysis of the Association Between Cigarette Smoking and Incidence of Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. “Journal of Clinical Oncology.” 2011 Oct 10; 29(20): 3900-6.
23. Hollenbeck B, Dalia S, McGarry K. Fainting with HIV. “American Journal of Medicine.” 2010 Sep;123(9):808-10. Castillo JJ, Dalia S, Pascual SK. Association between red blood cell transfusions and development of non-Hodgkin lymphoma: a meta analysis of observational studies. “Blood.” 2010 Oct 21; 116(16):2897-907