Dr. Abdel-Azim is an Assistant Professor of Prosthodontics at the University of Louisville School of Dentistry. He obtained his prosthodontics certificate at the University of Rochester. Dr. Abdel-Azim maintains a private practice limited to implant and esthetic dentistry. His research interests include implant and digital dentistry. He is a fellow of the International Team for Implantology, a member of the American Dental Association and the American College of Prosthodontists. Dr. Abdel-Azim has lectured nationally and internationally on dental implants, complex rehabilitations and digital dentistry. He has several publications in peer-reviewed journals in the fields of prosthodontics and implant dentistry. He maintains a private practice limited to implants, esthetic dentistry and prosthodontics
2) Implant Dentistry
1) Zandinejad A, Atarodi M, Abdel-Azim T, Leonhart RM, Morton D.Complete oral rehabilitation of a patient with hereditary gingival fibromatosis: A clinical report. J Prosthet Dent. 2014 Sep 29.
2) Abdel-Azim T, Zandinejad A, Elathamna E, Lin WS, Morton D.The influence of digital fabrication options on the accuracy of dental implant-based single units and complete arch frameworks.Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 2014 Nov-Dec;29(6):1281-8.
3) X Khan Z, Abdel-Azim T. A direct technique to fabricate an intraoral shield for unilateral head and neck radiation. J Prosthet Dent. 2014 Sep;112(3):689-91.
4) X Metz MJ, Miller CJ, Lin WS, Abdel-Azim T, Zandinejad A, Crim G. Dental student perception and assessment of their clinical knowledge in educating patients about preventive dentistry. Eur J Dent Educ. 2014 Jul 15.
5) X Geminiani A, Abdel-Azim T, Ercoli C, Changyong F, Meirelles L,Massironi D. In Vitro Comparison of the Use of Oscillating vs.Rotating Instruments for Teeth Preparation on Finish Line Surface Roughness. J Prosthet Dent. 2014 Jul;112(1):51-8.
6) X Metz MJ, Abdel-Azim T, Miller CJ, Lin WS, Zandinejad A,Oliveira G, Morton D. Implementation of a Laboratory Quality Assurance Program: The Louisville Experience. J Dent Educ. 2014 Feb;78(2):195-205.
7) X Zandinejad A, Abdel-Azim T, Lin WS, Morton D. Fabrication of a fixed multipurpose template retained by existing dental implants. J Prosthet Dent 2013;110(2):144-6.
8) X Abdel-Azim T, Fantuzzo J, Batalocco G, Cho S, Ercoli C, Morton D. Oral rehabilitation of an edentulous patient using two-segment Le fort I repositioning and implant-supported fixed prostheses. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 2013 Mar-Apr;28(2):e106-11.
9) X Zadinejad A, Lin WS, Atarodi M, Abdel-Azim T, Metz M, Morton D. Digital Workflow for Virtually Designing and Milling Ceramic Lithium Disilicate Veneers: A Clinical Report. (Accepted for publication by the Journal of Operative Dentistry)
10) X Lin WS, Harris B, Eiad Elathamna E, Abdel-Azim T, Morton D. Effect of Implant Divergence on the Accuracy of Definitive Casts Resulted from Traditional and Digital Implant-Level Impressions: 5
11) X Abdel-Azim T, Zandinejad A, Metz M, Morton D. Maxillary and mandibular rehabilitation in the esthetic zone using a digital impression technique and CAD/CAM-fabricated prostheses: A multi-disciplinary clinical report. (Accepted for publication in the Journal of Operative Dentistry)
Honors & Awards
1) William R Wolfe Award, Outstanding full-time faculty, University of Louisville School of Dentistry, 2011-2012
2) X Participant, Evidence-based Dentistry Champions Conference, March 2012 Â¡V Chicago, IL
3) X Very Good with Honors in all dental school years, Cairo University, 1999-2002
4) X Egyptian Dental Association Award for Academic Excellence, 2002