Dr Tracy L de Peralta hold her DMD and PhD in the field of Dentistry, as well as a Masters of Clinical Education. Â Since obtaining my DMD in 1995 I have been involved in teaching, research and patient care both in private practice and in an academic setting. Â I am currently a Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Cariology, Restorative Sciences and Endodontics at the University of Michigan. Â In that capacity, I am responsible for the directorship of the Clinical Education Courses for graduate students in Restorative Dentistry and I am in instructor in both simulation and clinical settings. Currently, I am involved in studies investigating clinical competency assessment methods and assessment strategy development. I have extensive experience in research design, development of clinical calibration and clinical assessment measurement in both student and faculty populations. I also have a background and insterest in research concerning the physiology of the dental pulp and nano-materials in dentistry.
2) Restorative Sciences
1) Walker RL, de Peralta TL, Villanueva MR, Snipes KP, Madigan JE, Hird DW, Kasten RW (1995). Genotypic and phenotypic analysis of Salmonella strains associated with an outbreak of equine neonatal salmonellosis. Vet Microbiol; 43(2-3): 143-50.
2) Geurtsen W, Leinenback F, Krage T, Leyhausen G (1998). Cytotoxicity of four root canal sealers in permanent 3T3 cells and primary human periodontal ligament fibroblast cultures. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod; 85(5): 592-7.
3) Krage T, Vandenabeele F, Lambrichts I, Raab WH-M (2002). A TEM analysis of pulpal sensory content in capsaicin-treated rats. Proceedings to the International Conference on Dentin/Pulp Complex 2001,Quintessence Publishing, Editor: Ishikawa et al., Tokyo: 185-186.
4) Krage T, Lambrichts I, Raab WH-M (2002). Capsaicin-treated animals vs. the NOS-3 knockout mouse: an immunohistological comparison. Proceedings to the International Conference on Dentin/Pulp Complex 2001,Quintessence Publishing, Editor: Ishikawa et al., Tokyo: 119-122.
5) Krage T, Lambrichts I, Zanger K, Raab WH-M (2002). Capsaicin-treated animals vs. NO-3 knockout mice: a SEM and TEM comparison. Proceedings to the International Conference on Dentin/Pulp Complex 2001,Quintessence Publishing, Editor: Ishikawa et al., Tokyo:187-189.
6) Zimmer S, Strauss J, Bizhang M, Krage T, Raab WH-M, Barthel CJ (2005). Efficacy of the Cybersonic in comparison with the Braun 3D Excel and a manual toothbrush. Clin Periodontol; 32(4): 360-3.
7) Krage TL, Stiefel A, Stephan BM, Zimmer S, Lambrichts I, Raab WH-M (2005). Microhardness changes in dentine after neonatal capsaicin application. Int Endod J; 38(8): 570-4.
8) Struys T, Krage T, Vandenabeele F, Raab WH-M, Lambrichts I (2005). Immunohistochemical evidence for proteolipid protein and nestin expression in the late bell stage of developing rodent teeth. Arch Oral Biol; 50(2): 171-4.
9) Esser C, Kirschbaum T, Winkelmann V, Krage T, Farber FJ (2006). A comparison of the visual and technical assessment of preparations made by dental students. Eur J Dent Educ; 10(3): 157-61.
10) Zimmer S, Kolbe C, Kaiser G, Krage T, Ommerborn M, Barthel C (2006). Clinical efficacy of flossing versus use of antimicrobial rinses. J Periodontol; 77(8): 1380-5.
11) Struys T, de Peralta T, Vandenabeele F, Raab WH-M, Politis C, Schepers S, Lambrichts I (2007). Neuro-odontoblast interactions. Chinese Journal of Dental Research; 10(2): 14-20.
12) Besinis A, de Peralta T, Handy RD (2014). The antibacterial effects of sliver, titanium dioxide and silica dioxide nanoparticles compared to the dental disinfectant chlorhexidine on Streptococcus mutans using a suite of bioassays. Nanotoxicology;8(1):1-16.
13) Besinis A, de Peralta T, Handy R (2014). Inhibition of biofilm formation and antibacterial properties of silver nano-coating on human dentine. Nanotoxicology. (7):745-54.