Dr. Rajvir Malik Graduated (BDS) in 1999 from D.A.V. Dental College, Yamunanagar, Haryana, India. He received his Masters (MDS) in Periodontics from King George’s Medical University (Erstwhile KGMC), India in 2003. He joined his alma mater as Senior Lecture. Besides Periodontics, he also taught in the subject of Dental Anatomy and Histology. He was promoted as Professor in 2011. He is the subject expert for UG exams in the subjects of Dental Anatomy and Histology, Preventive & Community Dentistry, Oral Medicine and Dental Hygienist course along with Periodontics. He also serves as Subject Expert for PG exam in the subject of Periodontology and Oral Implantology at various universities throughout India. He is an active member of Indian Society of Periodontology, International Association of Dental Research and Indian Dental Association, serving on many- a posts at its Yamunanagar Branch.He has Published more than 25 Scientific Papers (mostly in PUBMED Indexed) and is Member Editorial Board/Peer Reviewer in more than ten Journals. He had authored two eBooks also. He is a UNESCO Certified teacher on Bioethics.
1. Regenerative Periodontics
2. Dental Implants and Impact of Psycho-Social status on Periodontal Health and Role and Status of Immunity
3. Inflammation in Periodontal Diseases
1. Evaluation of sub-gingival temperature as a Clinical marker in Periodontitis. J Indian Soc Periodontol 2005;9:
2. Clinical and radiological evaluation of an Osseous Xenograft for the Treatment of Infrabony Defects. J Can Dent Assoc 2007 ;73(6): 513
3. Warm saline rinses. Br Dent J 2009; 207:520.
4. Success or Failure of a Dental Implant: It\'s relationship to bone density- A case report of a failed Implant. J Contemp Dent Pract 2010;11:65-72.
5. A New Index Proposed for Determination of Outcome of Recession Coverage Procedures. Clin Adv Periodontics 2012;2:49-55.
6. Autogenous bone block in the treatment of teeth with hopeless prognosis. Contemp Clinic Dent 2012; 3:437-442.
7. Comparative Evaluation of Recession Coverage with Sub-epithelial Connective Tissue Graft using Macrosurgical And Microsurgical Approaches : A Randomized Split Mouth Study. In J Ind Soc Periodontol DOI:10.4103/0972-124X.148641
8. The use of nanocrystalline and two other forms of calcium sulfate in the treatment of infrabony defects: A clinical and radiographic study. In J Ind Soc Periodontol DOI:10.4103/0972-124X.156875
9. Photodynamic Therapy- The Light that Lights the Tooth ‘s Life – A Strategic Review. Indian J Dent Res. 2010;21:285-91.