Dr. Victor C. Kok, MMedSc, MD, Ph.D., FACP, is the cancer center chief medical officer and medical oncology division chief, of Kuang Tien General Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan which has an intake of over 1,200 new cancer patients each year. He obtained his MD degree and subsequently, MMedSc from Chung Shan Medical University, Taiwan. Dr. Kok got his Ph.D. degree from the Department of the Biomedical Informatics at Asia University Taiwan. Victor Kok trained as a medical oncologist at the Sun Yat-Sen Cancer Center, Taipei; certified in Medical Oncology Certification Exam at the European Society for Medical Oncology. He set up the Medical Oncology program at Changhua Christian Hospital, Changhua. And later on, he joined Asia University as an Assistant Professor. Dr. Kok is awarded Fellow of the American College of Physician (FACP). Dr. Kok actively participates as a reviewer in more than 40 SCI journals. He is currently an Academic Section Editor of Medicine (Baltimore) (JIF: 2.028); a Review Editor for Frontiers in Oncology (JIF: 4.416) and Frontiers in Pharmacology (JIF: 3.831); and an Editor for World Journal of Clinical Oncology (ESCI). In the field of palliative care, Dr. Kok is a co-sponsor at the establishment of the Taiwan Academy of Hospice Palliative. Dr. Kok is a member of American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO), Japan Cancer Association, International Epidemiology Association, Taiwan Society of Internal Medicine, Taiwan Association of Evidence-based Medicine and the Taiwan Oncology Society. VC Kok's research interests include cancer epidemiology, bioinformatics, medical oncology, internal medicine, palliative care and clinical and population-based disease informatics. Dr. Kok is attending the Cancer Biology & Therapeutics (CBT): High-Impact Cancer Research (HICR) postgraduate certificate program 2018/2019 at Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts..
Cancer Center Administration
Hospice Ward Administration
Population-based informatics research
1. Kok VC, Horng JT, Hung GD, Xu JL, Hung TW, Chen C-Y, Chen JL: Risk of autoimmune disease in adults with chronic insomnia requiring sleep-inducing pills: a population-based longitudinal study. Journal of General Internal Medicine 2016:In Print.
2. Kok VC: Hepatic metastasectomy and paclitaxel provide long-term survival for a young woman with recurrent triple-negative metastatic breast cancer: 16 years follow-up. Journal of cancer research and therapeutics 2016:Epub ahead of print.
3. Kok VC, Tsai HJ, Su CF, Lee CK: The Risks for Ovarian, Endometrial, Breast, Colorectal, and Other Cancers in Women With Newly Diagnosed Endometriosis or Adenomyosis: A Population-Based Study. Int J Gynecol Cancer 2015, 25(6):968-976.
4. Kok VC, Sung FC, Kao CH, Lin CC, Tseng CH: Cancer risk in East Asian patients associated with acquired haemolytic anaemia: a nationwide population-based cohort study. BMC cancer 2015, 16(1):57.
5. Kok VC, Horng JT, Huang HK, Chao TM, Hong YF: Regular inhaled corticosteroids in adult-onset asthma and the risk for future cancer: a population-based cohort study with proper person-time analysis. Ther Clin Risk Manag 2015, 11:489-499.
6. Kok VC: Eribulin in the Management of Advanced Breast Cancer: Implications of Current Research Findings. Breast cancer : basic and clinical research 2015, 9:109-115.
7. Kok VC: Compassionate extubation for a peaceful death in the setting of a community hospital: a case-series study. Clin Interv Aging 2015, 10:679-685.
8. Chen YC, Kok VC, Chien CH, Horng JT, Tsai JJ: Cancer risk in patients aged 30 years and above with type 2 diabetes receiving antidiabetic monotherapy: a cohort study using metformin as the comparator. Ther Clin Risk Manag 2015, 11:1315-1323.
9. Kok VC, Wu SC, Lee CK: Successful Remission of Hemolytic-Uremic Syndrome During the Third-line Weekly Gemcitabine for Metastatic Breast Cancer. Breast cancer : basic and clinical research 2014, 8:57-59.
10. Kok VC, Lee CK, Horng JT, Lin CC, Sung FC: Reappraisal of the etiology of extracorpuscular non-autoimmune acquired hemolytic anemia in 2657 hospitalized patients with non-neoplastic disease. Clinical medicine insights Pathology 2014, 7:11-14.
11. Kok VC, Horng JT, Huang JL, Yeh KW, Gau JJ, Chang CW, Zhuang LZ: Population-based cohort study on the risk of malignancy in East Asian children with Juvenile idiopathic arthritis. BMC cancer 2014, 14:634.
12. Kok VC, Horng JT, Huang JL: Juvenile Arthritis and the Short-Term Risk of Cardiometabolic Outcomes. Exp Clin Cardiol 2014, 20(8)(8):2832-2840.
13. Kok VC, Horng JT, Chang WS, Hong YF, Chang TH: Allopurinol therapy in gout patients does not associate with beneficial cardiovascular outcomes: a population-based matched-cohort study. PloS one 2014, 9(6):e99102.
14. Tsai HJ, Su CF, Kok VC, Ho WL: Primary Peritoneal Cancer in Pregnancy with Multiple Metastases: a Case Report. Taipei City Med J 2013, 10(1):58-62.
15. Tsai HJ, Ruan CW, Kok VC, Li MC: A large primary vaginal leiomyosarcoma diagnosed postoperatively and uterine leiomyomas treated with surgery and chemotherapy. Journal of obstetrics and gynaecology : the journal of the Institute of Obstetrics and Gynaecology 2013, 33(6):643-644.
16. Kok VC, Horng JT, Agustriawan D: Statins use increases the risk of urinary tract cancer: preliminary results of a nationwide population-based case-control study. Asia-Pacific journal of clinical oncology 2013, 9(2):190-191.
17. Chiang PH, Wang HC, Lai YL, Chen SC, Yen-Hwa W, Kok CK, Ou YC, Huang JS, Huang TC, Chao TY: Zoledronic acid treatment for cancerous bone metastases: a phase IV study in Taiwan. Journal of cancer research and therapeutics 2013, 9(4):653-659.
18. Tsai HJ, Su CF, Kok VC, Li MC: Uterine tumor with neuroectodermal differentiation of advanced stage managed successfully with multimodal strategy. European journal of obstetrics, gynecology, and reproductive biology 2012, 162(2):235-236.
19. Kok VC, Horng JT, Lin HL, Chen YC, Chen YJ, Cheng KF: Gout and subsequent increased risk of cardiovascular mortality in non-diabetics aged 50 and above: a population-based cohort study in Taiwan. BMC cardiovascular disorders 2012, 12:108.
20. Chang CW, Kok VC, Tseng TC, Horng JT, Liu CE: Diabetic patients with severe sepsis admitted to intensive care unit do not fare worse than non-diabetic patients: a nationwide population-based cohort study. PloS one 2012, 7(12):e50729.
21. Liu SZ, Kok VC, Ho TL, al e: Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter Placement at Mid-arm with Ultrasound-guided in Interventional Radiology. Kuang Tien Med J 2010, 5(9):13-20.
22. Low BH, Kok VC: Hyperthyroidism with Pancytopenia: A Case Report and Literature Review. Formosan J Endocrinology & Metabolism 2009, 1(1):23-28.