Dr. Bhoomika M. Patel, Assistant Professor in Department of Pharmacology, has more than nine years of teaching experience. She is also a diploma holder in Pharmaceutical Management (DPMM) and Quality Control and Quality Assurance Management (DPQCQAM). She has a distinction of being the FIRST rank holder (Gold medalist) for SIX consecutive years of B. Pharm. and M. Pharm. at Gujarat University. She got highest marks in Final Year B. Pharm. among all universities of India for which she was awarded Prof. M. L. Khorana Medal of Indian Pharmaceutical Association (IPA). In addition, she was the national winner in the elocution competition at Indian Pharmaceutical Congress (IPC) and Achari Prize awardee for best research paper by young pharmacologist at national conference. She is also the recipient of the N. S. Dhalla young scientist award, an award for the best paper published in the year 2008. In all she is a recipient of TWENTY NINE awards. She has attended and presented papers at various national and international level conferences including the one at International Academy of Cardiovascular Sciences, 2nd World congress at Japan, Heart Failure Congress 2011 at Gothenberg, Sweden and 6 for which she has received travel grants from the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and Department of Science and Technology (DST) worth approximately Rs. 2,00,000/-. She has also received two minor research projects from Gujarat Council On Science and Technology (GUJCOST) and major research project from Science Engineering and Research Board (SERB). She has published 31 full length papers in national and international journals with total impact factor more than 50, ‘h’ index 11 and total citations above 500. She is reviewer for many journals with high impact factor of publishers like Elsevier and Sage. She has authored books on “Practicals in organic and medicinal chemistry” and “Practicals in Pharmaceutical Analysis – I”. She has also written a book chapter in an international book. She is a life member of several professional bodies including IPA, APTI, IPS, IPGA, IHPA, SOPI, ISTE. She is a recognized PG and Ph.D. guide at Nirma University.
2. Cardiovascular Research
3. Cancer management.
1. Thakare V. N., Patel B. M. Potential targets for the development of novel antidepressants: Future perspectives. CNS & Neurological Disorders - Drug Targets March 2015 14(2): 270-281 [Impact factor 3.298]
2. Rayabarapu N., Patel B. M. Beneficial role of tamoxifen in isoproterenol induced myocardial infarction. Canadian Journal of Physiology and Pharmacology October 2014 92(10): 849-857 [Impact Factor 1.546]
3. Patel B. M., Bhadada S. V. Type 2 diabetes induced cardiovascular complications: Comparative evaluation of spironolactone, atenolol, metoprolol, ramipril and perindopril. Clinical and Experimental Hypertension August 2014 36(5): 340-347 [Impact Factor 1.292]
4. Patel B. M., Raghunathan S., Porwal U. Cardioprotective effects of magnesium valproate in type 2 diabetes mellitus. European Journal of Pharmacology April 2014 728: 128-134 [Impact Factor 2.516]
5. Patel B. M., Desai V. J. Beneficial role of tamoxifen in experimentally induced cardiac hypertrophy. Pharmacological Reports March-April 2014 66(2): 264-272 [Impact Factor 2.5]
6. Patel M.M., Shah P. J., Patel B. M. Insights of biosimilars through SWOT analysis. Expert Opinion on Biological Therapy February 2014, 14(2): 139-144 [Impact Factor 3.345].
7. Raghunathan S., Tank P., Bhadada S. V., Patel B. M. Evaluation of Buspirone on Streptozotocin induced Type 1 Diabetes and its associated complications. BioMed Research International January 2014, 2014: 9 pages Article ID 948427 (doi: 10.1155/2014/948427) [Impact Factor 2.88]
8. Patel B. M., Damle D. Combination of telmisartan with cisplatin controls oral cancer cachexia in rats. BioMed Research International December 2013, 2013: 10 pages Article ID 642848 [Impact Factor 2.88]
9. Patel B. M., Mehta A. A. The choice of anti-hypertensive agents in diabetic subjects. Diabetes and Vascular Disease Research September 2013, 10(50): 385-396 [Impact Factor 2.59]
10. Patel B.M., Kakadiya J., Goyal R.K., Mehta A.A. Effect of spironolactone on cardiovascular complications associated with type-2 diabetes in rats. Experimental and Clinical Endocrinology & Diabetes August 2013; 121(08): 441-447 [Impact Factor 1.826]
11. Goyal B. R., Mehta A. A. Diabetic cardiomyopathy: Pathophysiological mechanisms and cardiac dysfunction. Human and Experimental Toxicology June 2013, 32(6): 571-590 [Impact Factor 1.772]
12. Raghunathan S, Patel B.M. Therapeutic implications of small interfering RNA in cardiovascular diseases. Fundamental and Clinical Pharmacology February 2013, 27(1):1-20 [Impact Factor 2.372]
13. Patel B. M., Mehta A. A. Aldosterone And Angiotensin: Role In Diabetes And Cardiovascular Diseases. European Journal of Pharmacology December 2012, 697(1-3): 1-12 [Impact Factor 2.516]
14. Patel B.M., Agarwal S.S., Bhadada SV. Perindopril protects against streptozotocin induced hyperglycemic myocardial damage/alterations. Human and Experimental Toxicology November 2012, 31(11): 1138-1149 [Impact Factor 1.772]
15. Goyal B. R., Mehta A. A. Beneficial role of spironolactone, telmisartan and their combination on isoproterenol induced cardiac hypertrophy. Acta Cardiologica January-February 2012, 67(2):203-211 [Impact Factor 0.65]