Ejaz Ahmad, is a Sr. Staff Scientist at the University of Michiagn, Ann Arbor, MI, USA. He is working on the anticancer and antiaging drug discovery as well as regulation of mitotic cell division. He received his PhD in Biotechnology in 2012 from Aligarh Muslim University, India on ‘Ligand-induced conformational alterations in single and multichain proteins. He published over 37 research and review articles, book chapters, pdb enteries and 3 patents accumulating with 2922 citations, 28 h-index and 41 i10-index. Currently he is involved in elucidating the mechanism of open to closed conformational interconversion in Mad2, a key component of mitotic checkpoint complex. Protein structure, protein-protein and protein-ligand interactions are his main research interests.
Protein physico-chemical characterization structural biology.
Protein folding/unfolding/misfolding or aggregation.
Conformational stability of biomolecules.
Protein structure-function relationship.
Molecular modeling and docking.
Cell Cycle/Division Regulation.
1. Ahmad E, Naeem A, Khan RH (2007) The minimal structural requirement of concanavalin A that retains its functional aspects. J Biochem 142:307–315.
2. Naeem A, Ahmad E, Khan RH (2007) An alternate high yielding purification method for Clitoria ternatea lectin. Int J Biol Macromol 41:481-486.
3. Naeem A, Ahmad E, Ashraf MT, Khan RH (2007) Studies on purification and characterization of mannose-glucose specific lectin from the seeds of Trigonella foenumgraenum. Biochemistry (Moscow) 72:44-48.
4. Ahmad E, Rahman SK, Khan JM, Varshney A, Khan RH (2010) Phytolacca americana lectin (Pa-2; pokeweed mitogen): an intrinsically unordered protein and its conversion into partial order at low pH. Bioscience Rep 30:125-134.
5. Ahmad E, Fatima S, Khan MM, Khan RH (2010) More stable structure of wheat germ lipase at low pH than its native state. Biochimie 92:885-893.
6. Kumar S, Ahmad E, Mansuri MM, Kumar S, Jain R, Khan RH, Gourinath S (2010) Crystal structure and trimer-monomer transition of N-terminal domain of EhCaBP1, a calcium binding protein from Entamoeba histolytica. Biophys J 98:2933-2942.
7. Ahmad E, Sen P, Khan RH (2011) Structural Stability as a Probe for Molecular Evolution of Homologous Albumins Studied by Spectroscopy and Bioinformatics. Cell Biochem Biophys 61:313-325.
8. Ahmad E, Rabbani G, Zaidi N, Singh S, Rehan M, Khan MM, Rahman SK, Quadri Z, Shadab M, Ashraf MT, Subbarao N, Bhat R & Khan RH (2011) Stereo-selectivity of human serum albumin to enantiomeric and isoelectronic pollutants dissected by spectroscopy, calorimetry and bioinformatics. PLoS ONE 6(11):e26186.
9. Rabbani G, Ahmad E, Zaidi N, Khan RH (2011) pH-Dependent Conformational Transitions in Conalbumin (Ovotransferrin), a Metalloproteinase from Hen Egg White. Cell Biochem Biophys 61: 551-560.
10. Rabbani G, Ahmad E, Zaidi N, Khan RH (2012) pH induced molten globule state of Rhizopus niveus lipase is more resistant against thermal and chemical denaturation. Cell Biochem Biophys 62:487-499.
11. Khan JM, Qadeer A, Chaturvedi SK, Ahmad E, Abdul Rehman SA, Gourinath S, Khan RH (2012) SDS can be utilized as an Amyloid Inducer: A Case Study on Diverse Proteins. PLoS ONE 7(1):e29694. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0029694
12. Ahmad E, Rabbani G, Zaidi N, Ahmad B, Khan RH (2012). Pollutant-induced modulation in conformation and ?-lactamase activity of human serum albumin. PLoS One. 7(6):e38372. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0038372.
13. Ahmad A*, Ahmad E*, Rabbani G, Haque S, Arshad M, Khan RH (2012) Identification and design of antimicrobial peptides for therapeutic applications. Curr Protein Pept Sci. 13:211-223.
14. Kumar M, Ahmad S, Ahmad E, Saifi MA, Khan RH (2012) In silico prediction and analysis of Caenorhabditis EF-hand containing proteins. PLoS One. 2012;7(5):e36770. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0036770.
15. Kumar S, Ahmad E, Kumar S, Khan RH, Gourinath S (2012). Flexibility of EF-hand motifs: structural and thermodynamic studies of Calcium Binding Protein-1 from Entamoeba histolytica with Pb2+, Ba2+, and Sr2+. BMC Biophys 5(1):15. doi: 10.1186/2046-1682-5-15.
16. Qadeer A, Rabbani G, Zaidi N, Ahmad E, Khan JM, Khan RH (2012) 1-Anilino-8-naphthalene sulfonate (ANS) is not a desirable probe for determining the molten globule state of chymopapain. PLoS One 7(11):e50633.
17. Naqvi Z, Ahmad E, Khan RH, Saleemuddin M (2013) Non-native States of Bovine Beta-Lactoglobulin Induced by Acetonitrile: pH-Dependent Unfolding of the Two Genetic Variants A and B. Cell Biochem Biophys 66:175-185
18. Zaidi N, Ahmad E, Rehan M, Rabbani G, Ajmal MR, Zaidi Y, Subbarao N, Khan RH (2013) Biophysical insight into furosemide binding to human serum albumin: a study to unveil its impaired albumin binding in uremia. J Phys Chem B 117:2595-2604.
19. Oves M, Khan MS, Zaidi A, Ahmed AS, Ahmed F, Ahmad E, Sherwani A, Owais M, Azam A (2013) Antibacterial and Cytotoxic Efficacy of Extracellular Silver Nanoparticles Biofabricated from Chromium Reducing Novel OS4 Strain of Stenotrophomonas maltophilia. PLoS One 8(3): e59140.
20. Sen P, Khan MM, Equbal A, Ahmad E, Khan RH (2013) At very low concentrations known chaotropes act as kosmotropes for the N and B isoforms of human serum albumin. Biochem Cell Biol 91:72-78.
21. Khan JM, Qadeer A, Ahmad E, Ashraf R, Saraswat B, Chaturvedi SK, Rabbani G, Khan RH (2013). Monomeric banana lectin overrules conformational stability of its native dimeric form. PLoS One 8(4): e62428.
22. Zaidi N, Ajmal MR, Rabbani G, Ahmad E, Khan RH (2013). A Comprehensive Insight into Binding of Hippuric Acid to Human Serum Albumin: A Study To Uncover its Impaired Elimination Through Hemodialysis. PLoS One 8(8):e71422.
23. Qadeer A, Ahmad E, Uzzaman M, Khan MW, Khan JM, Rabbani G, Khaja FT, Sharma G, Gourinath, S, Nadeem S, Badr G, Khan RH (2013) Concentration-dependent Antagonistic Persuasion of SDS and Naphthalene Derivatives on the Fibrillation of Stem Bromelain. Arch Biochem Biophys 540:101-116
24. Khan MF, Hameedullah M, Ansari AH, Ahmad E, Lohani MB, Khan RH (2014) Flower-shaped ZnO Nanoparticulates Synthesized by a Novel Approach at Near Room Temperatures with Antibacterial and Antifungal Properties. Int J Nanomed, 9:853-864
25. Rabbani G, Kaur J, Ahmad E, Jain SK, Khan RH (2014) Structural characteristics of thermostable immunogenic outer membrane protein from Salmonella enterica serovar Typhi (S. Typhi). Appl Microbiol Biot 98:2533-2543.
1. Aqeel Ahmad, Ejaz Ahmad*, Md Arshad (2013) ‘Endocrine Tumors’ in Cancer Treatment Strategies edited by Dr. Ahmad M. Maliki. OMICS Group Incorporation, Henderson, NV, USA (in press).