Dr. Noreddin received his Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Sciences from the University of the Pacific, California and received research training as a visiting scholar at the Department of Medicine, Stanford University. He had postdoctoral fellowship (Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics of Antimicrobials), Department of Medical Microbiology, University of Manitoba followed by an American College of Clinical Pharmacy postdoctoral fellowship (Infectious Diseases). Dr. Noreddin’s research interest includes
Pharmacoklinetic/Pharmacodynamic modeling of anti-infective and anti-cancer therapy, clinical simulation and Monte Carlo analysis and bacterial resistance in biofilm studies. Dr. Noreddin has outstanding records of scientific and academic accomplishments with multiple research funding, numerous publications in highly prestigious journals and various presentations in both national and international conferences. He served as a scientific reviewer for the NIH as well as other national and international research institutions.
• Pharmacoklinetic/Pharmacodynamic modeling of anti-infective and anti-cancer therapy
• Clinical simulation and Monte Carlo analysis
• Bacterial resistance in biofilm studies
• Minority health care studies Research Focus
• Anti-infective translational research in relation to antimicrobial resistance: Our goal is to improve patient care by maximizing clinical outcomes and preventing the development of bacterial resistance
. • Anti-Cancer translational research in relation to 3D modeling and epigenetic studies: Our goal is to optimize cancer chemotherapy and overcome/reverse the development of resistance.
1. Ahmed GF, Elkhatib WF, and Noreddin AM. Inhibition of adhesion and invasion of Pseudomonas aeruginosaPAO1 to A549 lung epithelial cells by some natural extracts. Journal of Infection and Public Health. (In press)
2. ElkhatibWF, and Noreddin AM. Efficacy of Ciprofloxacin-Clarithromycin Combination against Drug-Resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa Mature Biofilm Using in Vitro Experimental Model. Microbial Drug Resistance. (In Press)
3. ElkhatibWF, and Noreddin AM.In Vitro Antibiofilm Efficacies of Different Antibiotic Combinations with Zinc Sulfate against Pseudomonas aeruginosaRecovered from Hospitalized Patients with Urinary Tract Infection. Antibiotics. 3: 64-84, 2014.
4. Salem AH and Noreddin AM. Moxiflocacin in lower respiratory tract infections: in silicosimulation of different bacterial resistance and drug exposure scenarios. Journal of Chemotherapy. J Chemother. 26(2):80-5, 2014.
5. Salem AH, Zhanel GG, Ibrahim SA, Noreddin AM. A. Monte Carlo Simulation Analysis of Ceftobiprole, Dalbavanancin, Daptomycin, Tigecycline, Linezolide and Vancomycin Pharmacodynamics Against ICU-Isolated MRSA. ClinExpPharmacol Physiol. December 2013.
6. Zhanel GG, Yachison C, Nichol K, Adam H, Noreddin AM, Hoban DJ, Karlowsky JA Assessment of the activity of ceftaroline against clinical isolates of penicillin-intermediate and penicillin-resistant Streptococcus pneumoniae with elevated MICs of ceftaroline using an in vitro pharmacodynamic model. J Antimicrob Chemother.67(7):1706-11, 2012.
7. Noreddin AM,Elkhatib WF, Cunnion KG and Ghanel GG. Cumulative clinical experience from over a decade of use of levofloxacin in community acquired pneumonia; critical appraisal and role in therapy", Drug, Healthcare and Patient Safety.3:59–68,2011.
8. Salem A,Noreddin E, Zhanel G, Noreddin A. Comparative pharmacodynamics of ceftobiprole, daptomycin, linezolid, telavancin, tigecycline, and vancomycin in the treatment of methicillin resistant staphylococcus aureus: a montecarlo simulation Analysis. J Vaccines. 2:5,2011.
9. Zhanel GG, Rossnagel E, Nichol K, Cox L, Karlowsky JA, Zelenitsky S, Noreddin AM, Hoban DJ. Ceftarolinepharmacodynamic activity versus community-associated and healthcare-associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, teroresistantvancomycin-intermediate S. aureus, vancomycin-intermediate S. aureus and vancomycin-resistant S. aureus using an in vitro model.JAntimicrobChemother.66(6):1301-5,2011.
10. Ayman M. Noreddin and Walid F. ElKhatib Antibacterial Therapy in the Elderly. In: Frontiers in Anti-Infective Drug Discovery.1:1-12,2010.
11. Salem AH, Elkhatib WF, and Noreddin AM. Pharmacodynamic assessment of vancomycin–rifampicin combination against methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureusbiofilm: a parametric response surface analysis. Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology. 63:73-79,2010.
12. Salem AH, Elkhatib WF, Ahmed GF, Noreddin AM.Pharmacodynamics of moxifloxacin versus vancomycin against biofilms of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus and epidermidis in an in vitro model.J Chemother.22(4):238-42,2010
13. Noreddin AM and Elkhatib WF. Levofloxacin in the Treatment of Community Acquired Pneumonia. Expert Review of Anti-Infective Therapy. Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther.8(5):505-14,2010.
14. Galal AM, Gul W, Noreddin AM, Slade D. An Update on the synthesis and antibacterial effects of Carbapenems. Recent Pat Antiinfect Drug Discov.5:23-42,2010.
15. Noreddin AM and El-Khatib WF.Novel in vitro pharmacodynamic model simulatingofloxacinpharmacokinetics in the treatment ofPseudomonas aeruginosabiofilm-associatedinfections.Journal of Infection and Public Health.2:120-128,2009.
16. El-Khatib WF and Noreddin AM. A new fluorogenic assay for monitoring and determining planktonic and biofilm forms of Pseudomonas aeruginosa viable count in vitro. Journal of Rapid Methods and Automation in Microbiology. 17:304-314,2009.
17. Zhanel GG, Voth D, Nichol K, Karlowsky JA, Noreddin AM, Hoban DJ. Pharmacodynamic activity of ceftobiprole compared with vancomycin versus methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), vancomycin-intermediate Staphylococcus aureus (VISA) and vancomycin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (VRSA) using an in vitro model. J AntimicrobChemother.64(2):364-9,2009.
18. Noreddin AM, El-Khatib WF, Aolie, J, Salem AH and Zanel GG. Pharmacodynamic Target Attainment Potential of Azithromycin, Clarithromycin and Telithromycin in Serum and Epithelial Lining Fluid (ELF) of Community Acquired Pneumonia (CAP) Patients with Penicillin-Susceptible, Intermediate and Resistant Streptococcus pneumoniae. International Journal of Infectious Diseases.13(4):483-7.2009.
19. El-Khatib WF, Haynes VL and Noreddin AM. Microbiological appraisal of levofloxacin activity against Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilm in combination with different calcium channel blockers.Journal of Chemotherapy. 21(2): 37-45,2009.
20. El-Khatib WF and Noreddin AM. Novel Approach Against Central Venous Catheter Associated Infection with Acinetobacter baumannii Biofilm.J.Med.Devices, 3(2): 027543-027543,2009.
21. El-Khatib WF, Haynes VL and Noreddin AM. Unexpected induction of resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilm to fluoroquinolone by diltiazem: A new perspective of microbiological drug-drug interaction. Journal of Infection and Public Health.1(1): 105-112,2008.
22. Walid F. El-Khatib, Virginia Haynes and Ayman M. Noreddin. A high-throughput in vitro model illustrating potential microbiologocal interactions during treatment of Pseudomonas aeroginosa Biofilm associated infections. L. Med.Devices, 2(2):027535,2008.
23. Zhanel GG, Lam A, Schweizer F, Thomson K, Walkty A, Rubinstein E, Gin AS, Hoban DJ, Noreddin AM, Karlowsky JA.Ceftobiprole: a review of a broad-spectrum and anti-MRSA cephalosporin. Am J ClinDermatol.9(4):245-54,2008.
24. Zhanel GG, Baudry P, Vashisht V, Laing N, Noreddin AM, Hoban DJ. Pharmacodynamic activity of ertapenem versus multidrug-resistant genotypically characterized extended-spectrum beta-lactamase-producing Escherichia coli using an in vitro model. J AntimicrobChemother. 61(3):643-6,2008.
25. Noreddin AM, El-Khatib W, Haynes V. Optimal dosing design for antibiotic therapy in the elderly: a pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic perspective. Recent Patents Anti-Infect Drug Disc.3(1):45-52,2008.