Mahran S. Abdel-Rahman completed his PhD. pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Assiut University, in Egypt. He is a Associate Professor pharmacology & Toxicology,College of Pharmacy, TaibahUniversity, KSA. His research interest reflects wide range of publications.
1. Clinicalpharmacologystudies on healthyvolunteers and patients. 2. Experimentalpharmacology on CNS acting drugs. 3. BiochemicalPharmacology.
1. El-Bitar H.I., Afifi A.M. and Abdel-Rahman M.S.: Cardiac effects of certain antidepressants. The XI Sci. Confer. Egypt. Soc. Basic Med Sci., El_Minofia, Egypt, March 1989.
2. M. Abdel-Rahman, F. Wosch, S. Harder and B.G. Woodcock: Interaction between verapamil and vincristine binding to plasma proteins. Int. J Clin. Pharmacol. Ther. And Toxicol. 1992, 30 (11): 536.
3. B.G. Woodcock, M. Abdel-Rahman, F. Wosch and S. Harder: Effect of D,L-verapamil, Verapamil enantiomers and verapamil metabolites on the binding of vinncristine to alpha1-acid glycoprotein. Eur. J. Cancer. 1993, 29 A (4): 559- 561.
4. B.G. Woodcock, M. Abdel-Rahman, S. Harder and W. Ganser: Kumulation von vincristine beiintaktenzelllen und ihre modulation durch verapamil und alph1-Glykoprotein. 3rd annual meeting of clinical pharmacology Society, Bad-Nauheim, Germany, September 1993.
5. M. Abdel-Rahman, S. Harder, C. Lucas and B.G. Woodcock: Comparison of the effects of verapamil and S9788 on the binding of vincristine to alpha1-acid glycoprotein. 3rd annual meeting of clinical pharmacology Society, Bad-Nauheim, Germany, September 1993.
6. M. S. Abdel-Rahman, A. Assi, F. Osman and B.G. Woodcock: Effect of verapamil and alpha1-acid glycoprotein on vincristine accumulation by lymphocytes from CLL patients and cell lines. J. Egypt. Soc. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 1995, 14 (1): 495-519.
7. Safwat M. Mangoura, Mohamed M. Khalifa, Hassan H. Abou-Rahma and Mahran S. Abdel-Rahman: The effects of some heavy metals on the hepatic microsomal coumarin hydroxylase activity in intact and gonadectomized mice. J. Egypt. Soc. Toxicol. 1996, 17: 57-62.
8. Mahran S. Abdel-Rahman, Essam E. Abdel-Hakiem, Zeinareh and SafwatMangoura: Experimental evaluation of anticonvulsant properties of propofol in tow models of seizures in laboratory mice. Egypt. J. Anesth. 1996, 12 (1): 1-11
9. E El-Desoky, M. S. Abdel-Rahman, O.M. Moustafa, M.R. kandil and A.M. Afifi: Optimization of antiepileptic drug therapy through measurement of plasma level of antiepileptic drugs (AEDS). Ther. Drug Monit J. 1997, 19 (5): 567 Abstract no 79. and in J. Egypt Soc. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther 1997, 16 (2): 747-763.
10. Safia A. Tohami, Eman M. Khedr and Maharn S Abdel-Rahman: Effect of epilepsy and antiepileptic drugs on cognitive function, P2 and P3 components in newly diagnosed epilepsies. Egypt. J NeurolPsychiatNeurosurg, 1997, 34 (1): 89-96.
11. Mamdouh M. Anwar and Mahran S. Abdel-Rahman: Effect of propofol on perception of pain in mice: mechanism of action. Comp. Biochem. Physiol. 1998, 120A (2): 249-253.
12. Mahran S. Abdel-Rahman, Ehab S. El-Desoky, Salah-EldinAmry, and Abdel-HalimM.Afifi: Serum level monitoring of digoxin in cardiac patients attending Assiut university hospitals: utility in therapy optimization. Assiut Med. J. 1999, 23 (3): 25-34.
13. Mahmoud M. Abdel-Rahman, Mahran S. Abdel-Rahman, AbdelazimAssi and Saida Abdel-RagalAly. Modulation of the antiepileptic activity of sodium valproate by lithium chloride against pentylene-tetrazole and strychnine-induced seizures in mice. Assiut Med. J. 1999, 23 (3): 59-72.
14. Assi Abdel-Azim and Abdel-RahmanMahran S. Analgesic effects of Tramadol-Diclofenac combination and their interaction with psychostimulant drugs in mice and rats. 11th world congress on pain. August 21-26, 2005, Sydney, Australia. IASP press, Abstract number 571-P177.
15. Sohier M. Kamel, Saida A. Ali, M.M. Abdel-Rahman and Mahran S, Abdel-Rahman. Modulation of antiepileptic activity of sodium valproate by lithium chloride against kainic acid and bicuculline-induced seizures. Assiut Med. J, .July 2001, 25 (3): 23-38.
16. Mahran S. Abdel-Rahman, Enjy A. Abdel-Rahman and AbelazeemAssi. Possible pharmacodynamic interactions between CNS stimulant and analgesics. Assiut Med. J2008, 32 (1): 237-249.
17. Adel G. El-Shemi, Mahran S. Abd El-Rahaman and Mohamed H. Abd El-Sattar. Renoprotective effects of thymoquinone, a compound derived from nigella sativa oil, on gentamicin-induced nephrotoxicity in rats. Assiut Med J.2009, 33 (3):11-22.
18. Adel Galal A. El-Shemi and Mahran S. Abd El-Rahaman. Hepatoprotective effects of rolipram on Experimental murine model of immune-mediated Fulminant hepatitis.. Assiut Med. J.2009. 33 (3): 23-32.
19. Basel A. Abd El-Wahab, Mahran S. Abd El-rahman, Mohamed M. Abd El-latif. Enhanced delivery of baclofen through blood brain barrier using poly (butyl cyanoacrylate) nanoparticles coated with polysorbate-80The International Conference for Nanotechnology Industries. KingSaudUniversity, Ryiadh5-7/4/2009
20. Alaaeldin A. Elkoussi, Marwa A Ahmed and Mahran S. Abdel-Rahman. Pharmacological and toxicological evaluation of the locally abused Glue (Kolla) in rats. Assiut Med. J. 2010, 34 (3): 59-70.
21. EnasNashaat, Abdel-Alim M Abdela-Alim, SamialGalal, Abdel-Naser Al-Shorbagy and Mahran S. Abdel-Rahman. Synthesis of new 4,5-3(2H) pyridazinone derivatives and their cardiotonic, hypotesive and platelet aggregation inhibition activities. Arch. Pharm. Res., 2010, 33 (1): 25-36.
22. Ahmed O. Abdel-Zaher, Mahran S. Abdel-Rahman and Fahmy M El-Wasae. Blockade of nitric oxide overproduction and oxidative stress by Nigella sativa oil attenuates morphine-induced tolerance and dependence in mice. Neurochem. Res. 2010, 35: 1557-1565.
23. Ahmed O Abdel-Zaher, Mahran S Abdel-Rahmanand Fahmy M Elwasei. Protective effect of Nigella sativa oil against tramadol-induced tolerance and dependence in mice: Role of nitric oxide and oxidative stress. Neurotoxicology, Dec 2011, 32(6):725-33.
24. Ahmed S. Ali, Mahran S. Abdel-Rahman, Ab Fatah AbRahman and Osman H. Osman. Basic principles of therapeutic drug monitoring. J ApplBiopharm&Pharmacokin,2013, 1: 87-95.
1. "Chronic Diseases, Overcrowding Related Diseases and their Therapy" organized by general directorate of health affairs in Madinah Region. Held at Al-MadinahAlmunwarahsept, 15-16, 2012.
2. Minisymbosium on "Drugs and the kidenys" Heldat Al-Madinah Al-Munwara on 5 February, 2013.
3. Minisymbosium on "Drugs and Cardiology" Heldat Al-Madinah Al-Munwara on 5, June, 2013.
4. Minisymbosium on "Advanced training on Excell Program" HeldatTaibahUniversity, Al-Madinah Al-Munwara, KSA on 24, April, 2014.
5. First symbosium on "Recent trends in pharmaceutical sciences" College of pharmacy, Taibah University, Ministry of higher education, Held at Al-Madinah Al-Munwara on April 13-14, 2013.
6. Minisymbosium on "the Black Seed ( NigellaSativa): a cure of everyailment" organized and hosted by MABL EAJAZ chair for scientific miracles in propheticmedicineheldatTaibahuniversity, Al-MAdinah Al-Munwarah, KSA on May, 2014.