Dr.Hasan.H. Atar has a BS in Agriculture Engineering in Fisheries Dept . from Ankara University, Faculty of Agriculture , and he has degrees of PhD to Prof. Dr. in Aquaculture at Ankara University, Faculty of Agriculture, Fisheries Dept . He initiated his professional work in the academic sector, starting as a research assistant at Ankara University, Faculty of Agriculture, Fisheries Dept . since 1987 . During the 29 years of academic carrier , he studied fishing techniques, fish stock assessment , aquaculture, recirculation systems (RAS) , biotechnology and genetics as a researcher and pro ject leader in several projects in the numbers of 39 international publications and 23national publications. His research and consulting activities are aimed at improving the development and sustainability of aquaculture projects in Turkey
4)Fish stock assessment
6)Recirculation systems (RAS)
1. Atar, H.H., M. Ölmez, S. Bekcan ve S. Seçer. 2002 Comparison Of Two Collapsible Traps And A Hoop Net For Catching Blue Crab (Callinectes sapidus Rathbun 1896) In Beymelek Lagoon Lake, Turkish J. of Veterinary & Animal Sciences, 26;5 1145-1150.
2. Yavuzcan, H.Y. ve H.H. Atar,.2002. Haemocyte Classification and Differential Counts in the Freshwater Crab, Potamon fluviatilis. Turkish J. of Veterinary & Animal Sciences, 26, 403– 407.
3. Atar, H.H. ve S. Seçer. 2003. Width/Length-Weight Relationships of Blue Crab (Callinectes sapidus Rathbun ) population of Beymelek Lagoon Lake, Turkish J. of Veterinary & Animal Sciences, 27;2 443–447.
4. Öztürk, M., K.M. Khawar, Atar, H.H., Sancak, C., Özcan, S. 2004. In vitro micropropagation of the aquarium plant Ludwigia repens, Asia-Pacific Journal of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology 12;1-2, p: 21-25.
5. Atar H.H., S. Sumlu, K.M. Khawar, S. Özcan. 2005.“Efficient plant regeneration from seeds of water lily (Nymphaea alba) under in vitro conditions”, Journal of Biotechnology 118: p:132-133.
6. Keskin, E., Atar, H. H., Can, A., 2008. Phylogenetic relationship among Mullidae species in Turkish ichthyofauna. Journal of Biotechnology, 136; Supplement:S542.
7. Bekcan, S., Atar,H.H. and Beyaz, A. 2009. Measurement of The Effects Of LiquÄ±d Fertilizers At The Different Levels On Duckweed (Lemna mÄ±nor l.) Growth using image analysis Technique., Biotechnology & Biotechnological Equipment (23) No:2, pp. 1205-1209.
8. Atar,H.H., Bekcan,S. and Dogankaya, L. 2009. Effects Of Different Hormones On Sex Reversal Of Rainbow Trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss Walbaum) and Production of All-Female Populations. Biotechnology & Biotechnological Equipment (23) No:4, pp. 1509-1514.
9. Atar, H.H., Bekcan,S. and Murtaza Olmez. 2009. The Effects of Dietary of Soybean Lecithin on the Growth Performance Feed Conversion and Body Composition of Tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus L.) Fry. Journal of Animal and Veterinary Advances 8 (8): 1678-1684.
10. Atar,H.H. and Mehmet AteÅŸ. 2009. The Effects of Commercial Diet Supplemented with Mannanoligosaccharide (MOS) and Vitamin B12 on the Growth and Body Composition of the Carp (Cyprinus carpio L. 1758). Journal of Animal and Veterinary Advances 8 (11): 2251-2255.
11. Atar, H.H. and Mehmet AteÅŸ. 2010. The effects of commercial diets supplemented with mannanoligosaccharide (MOS) and vitamin B12 on the growth and body composition of the shabbout fries (Tor grypus H. 1843) Journal of Food, Agriculture & Environment Vol.8 (1): 132-135, p.
12. Atar, H. H. and Malal, S. 2010.Determination of bycatch and discard catch rates on trawl fishing in Mersin-Anamur fishing ground. Journal of Food, Agriculture & Environment Vol.8 (1): 15-20, p.
13. Sumlu S, Atar H.H., Khawar KM. 2010. Breaking seed dormancy of water lily (Nymphaea alba L.) under in vitro conditions. Biotechnol Biotechnol Equip 24: 1582–1586.
14. Alçiçek, Z. , Atar, H.H. 2010.The effects of salting on chemical quality of vacuum packed liquid smoked and traditional smoked rainbow trout (Oncorhyncus mykiss) fillets during chilled storage. Journal of Animal and Veterinary Advances. 9;22, p.2778-2783.
15. Alçiçek, Z. , Zencir, Ö., ÇakÄ±roÄŸullarÄ±, G.C., Atar, H.H.2010.The effect of liquid smoking of anchovy (Engraulis encrasicolus, L. 1758) fillets on sensory, meat yield, Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbon (PAH) content, and chemical changes. Journal of Aquatic Food Product Technology 19;3-4, p.264-273.
16. Åžahinöz, E., DoÄŸu, Z. Aral, F. Åževik, R., Atar, H.H. 2011.Reproductive characteristics of mullet (Liza abu H., 1843) (Pisces Mugilidae) in the Atatürk Dam Lake, Southeastern Turkey. Turkish Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences. 11;1, p. 07-13.
17. Keskin, E., Atar, H.H. 2011. Genetic divergence of Octopus vulgaris species in the eastern Mediterranean. Biochemical Systematics and Ecology. 39, pp. 277-282.
18. Keskin, E., Atar, H.H. 2011. DNA barcoding approach in diversification of species from genus Loligo. Current Opinion in Biotechnology, 22, Supplement 1, p.S52. European Biotechnology Congress 2011.
19. Khawar, K.M., AsÄ±m, M., Öztürk, M., Bakhsh, A., Özcan, S., Atar, H.H. 2011. Status of aquatic plant tissue culture in Turkey. Current Opinion in Biotechnology, 22; Supp 1, s65.
20. Keskin, E., Atar, H.H. 2011.DNA barcoding approach in diversification of species from genus Loligo Current Opinion in Biotechnology 22; Supplement 1:S52.
21. Keskin, E., Atar, H.H. 2012. Genetic Structuring of European Anchovy (Engraulis encrasicolus) Populations through Mitochondrial DNA Sequences. Mitochondrial DNA. 23;2 p.62-69.
22. Keskin, E., Atar, H.H., 2012. Molecular Identification of Fish Species from Surimi Based Products Labeled as Alaska Pollock. Journal of Applied Ichthyology. Journal of Applied Ichthyology 28;5, p.811-814.
23. Atar, H.H. and Tuçdan, K. 2012. Determination of Bycatch and Discard Catch Rates on Shrimp Net Fishing in Adana YumurtalÄ±k. TarÄ±m Bilimleri Dergisi-Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 18 (4), pp. 299-307.
24. Bekcan, S. and Atar, H.H. 2012. Effects of Live Feeds and Compounded Diet on Growth Parameters of Brown Trout Fry (Salmo trutta abanticus T. 1954) in the Context of Habitat Restoration. Tarim Bilimleri Dergisi-Journal Of Agricultural Sciences, 18 (2), pp. 137-145.
25. Keskin E. and Atar H.H. 2013. DNA Barcoding Commercially Important Aquatic Invertebrates of Turkey. Mitochondrial DNA, 24(4), 440-450.
26. Keskin E. and Atar H.H.2013.DNA Barcoding Commercially Important Fish Species of Turkey.Molecular Ecology Resources, 13(5), 788-97.
27. Kim, M.G., Alçiçek, Z., Balaban, M.O., Atar, H.H. 2014. Image analysis method to quantify the effect of different treatments on the visual meat/shell ratio of half-shelled green lipped mussels (Perna canaliculus). Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture, 94 (6), pp. 1149-1153.
28. Atayeter, S., Atar, H.H., Ören, O., Meriç, I. (2014). Determination of mesh breaking strength of polyamide fishing nets under the exposure of different heavy metal concentrations and temperature [FarklÄ± AÇ§Ä±r Metal KonsantrasyonlarÄ±na ve SÄ±caklÄ±Ç§a Maruz BÄ±rakÄ±lan Poliamid BalÄ±k AÇ§larÄ±nda AÇ§ Gözü Kopma Kuvvetinin Belirlenmesi] TarÄ±m Bilimleri Dergisi, 20 (1), pp. 57-62.