Tibebe Woldemariam is Associate Professor at the California Northstate University College of Pharmacy. He received his B.S. in Pharmacy and Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Chemistry from Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia and University of Bradford, England, respectively. Before joining CNUCOP, he worked as a Senior Research Chemist at Biotechnology Companies in Massachusetts and California, where he was responsible for the isolation and characterization of bioactive molecules from diverse microbial, plants and plants tissue culture extracts. He began his academic career at King’s College London, before he joined California Northstate University College of Pharmacy as an Assistant Professor in 2008. In addition to his regular duties as a tenure-line associate professor, Dr. Woldemariam works as a community pharmacist to expand his knowledge beyond Medicinal Chemistry and help precept students when needed.
Evaluation of selected plants for anticancer activity Screening and evaluation of plants natural products for use in cosmetics Evaluation of selected plants for IBD activity
1. Tibebe Woldemariam and Jake Van Winkle. In Vitro Hypoglycemic Effect of Salvia hispanica Using a Yeast Glucose Uptake Model. Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Pharmacology Vol. 2, 1–4, 2015.
2. Amie Cai, Ana Hincapie, Kevin Dong, Wendy Chaing, Tibebe Woldemariam, Xiaodong Feng, Kevin Yamashiro and Bin Guan. Assessing Risks of Impaired Healing and Osteomyelitis Associated with Bisphosphonates Using FDA Adverse Event Reporting System (FAERS). J Pharmacovigilance 2015, 3:1 http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/2329-6887.1000158.
3. Woldemariam TZ, Malekakhlagh A, Bett C, Pearson D. Evaluation of the anti-tumor activity of selected herbs and spices, Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Pharmacology; 2014; 1, 1–8. www.aspbs.com/jpsp.
4. Xiaodong Feng, Amie Cai, Kevin Dong, Wendy Chaing, Max Feng, Nilesh S. Bhutada, John Inciardi, Tibebe Woldemariam (2013) ‘Assessing Pancreatic Cancer Risk Associated with Dipeptidyl Peptidase 4 Inhibitors: Assessing FDA Adverse Event Reporting System (FEARS)’ . J. Pharmacovigilance, 1:3. pp 1-7. http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/2329-6887.1000110.
5. Tibebe Woldemariam (2012) ‘Identification, Quantification and Permeation Studies of Rosmarinic Acid in Plant Extracts’; Poster Presentation at the 53nd Annual Meeting of the American Society of Pharmacognosy’, July 29– August 3, 2012, in New York, New York.
6. Woldemariam, T.Z. et al., (2012) ‘Pharmacogenetics: Would it be a reason for the lack of potency and intrinsic toxicity of several natural medicines?’ J. Proteomics & Bioinformatics.Volume 5, issue 6, p83.