Jianmin Zhang is a Associate Professor in College of Veterinary Medicine, South China Agriculture University. He obtained B. S. in Veterinary Medicine in June 2005 and M. S. in Veterinary Medicine in June 2008 at Huazhong Agricultural University, Ph. D. in Veterinary Medicine in June 2011 at the South China Agriculture University. Postdoctoral research associate in Food Microbiology from 2011 to 2013 at Shanghai Jiaotong University. He was a visiting professor at University of Maryland during January-June 2013 and April-July 2014.
His research interests are Veterinary Medicine, Food Safety and Food Microbiology. Presided over 5 research projects funded National Natural Science Foundation of China and the China Postdoctoral Science Foundation funded project. So far, more than 43 papers have been published, and 25 papers were included in SCI. Most of the scientific papers are published in the international authoritative magazines.
1. Zhang J, Jin H, Hu J,Yuan Z, Shi W, Yang X, Meng J, Xu X. Prevalence of antimicrobial resistance of non-typhoidal Salmonella serovars in retail aquaculture products, International Journal of Food Microbiology, 2015,47-52, 10.1016/j. jfoodmicro.2015.04.019.
2. Kuang D, Xu X, Meng J, Yang X, Jin H, Shi S,Pan H, Su X, Shi X, Zhang J†. Antimicrobial Susceptibility, Virulence Gene Profiles and Molecular Subtypes of Salmonella Newport Isolated from Humans and Other Sources.2015, Infection, Genetics and Evolution. (Corresponding author)
3. Yang X, Kuang D, Meng J, Shen J, Zhang J, Shi W, Shi X, Xu X, Zhang J†. Antimicrobial Resistance and Molecular Typing of Salmonella Stanley Isolated from Humansï¼ŒFoods and Environment.2015, Foodborne Pathogens and Disease. (Corresponding author)
4. Zhang J,Wang Fei, Jin H, Hu J,Yuan Z, et al. Laboratory monitoring of bacterial gastroenteric pathogens Salmonella and Shigella in Shanghai, China 2006-2012, Epidemiology and Infection, 2015, doi:10.1017/S0950268814001162.
5. Zhang J, Jin H, Hu J,Yuan Z, Shi W, Yang X, Meng J, and Xu X. Antimicrobial resistance of Shigella spp. from humans in Shanghai, China, 2004-2011ï¼ŒDiagnostic Microbiology and Infectious Diseaseï¼Œ2014. 78 (2014) 282–286.
6. Zhang J, Jin H, Hu J,Yuan Z, et al. Serovars and antimicrobial resistance of nontyphoidal Salmonella from human patients in Shanghai, China, 2006–2010. Epidemiology and Infection, 2014. 142(4):826-32.
7. Zhang J, Xu C, Shen H, Li J, Guo L, Li L, Feng S, Liao M. Biofilm formation in Haemophilus parasuis: relationship with antibiotic resistance, serotype and genetic typing. Research in Veterinary Science, 2014, S0034-5288 (14)00145-3.
8. Zhang J, Cao G, Xu X, et al. Whole-Genome Sequences of Four Salmonella enterica Serotype Newport Strains from Humans, Genome Announc. 2013;1(3).
9. Zhang J, Cao G, Xu X, et al. Draft Genome Sequences of Three Salmonella enterica Serotype Agona Strains from China, Genome Announc. 2013 Jan;1(1).
10. Zhang J, Xu C, Guo L, Shen H, Deng X, Ke C, et al. Prevalence and characterization of genotypic diversity of Haemophilus parasuis isolates from southern China, Can J Vet Res. 2012 Jul;76(3):224-9.
11. Zhang J, Xu C, Guo L, Ke B, Ke C, Zhang B, et al. A rapid pulsed-field gel electrophoresis method of genotyping Haemophilus parasuis isolates. Lett Appl Microbiol, 2011 Jun, 52(6):589-95.
12. Zhang J, Shen H, Liao M, Ren T, et al. Detection of Haemophilus parasuis isolates from South China by loop-mediated isothermal amplification and isolate characterisation. Onderstepoort J Vet Res, 2012; 79(1):E1-6.
13. Zhang J, Shen H, Xu C, Liao M, et al. Using loop-mediated isothermal ampliï¬cation method for rapid detection of Haemophilus parasuis. AFR J BIOTECHNOL,Vol.2011.10(50), pp.10263-10270.
14. Guo L#, Zhang J# (#Co-firstauthor), Xu C, Liao M, et al. Molecular characterization of fluoroquinolone resistance in Haemophilus parasuis isolated from pigs in South China. J Antimicrob Chemother, 2011 , 66(3): 539-42.
15. Kuang D#, Zhang J# (#Co-firstauthor), Yang X, Jin H, Shi W et al. Antimicrobial susceptibility and molecular typing of Salmonella Agona isolated from humans and other sources, Foodborne Pathogens and Disease, 2014, 11(11): 844-849.
16. Pan H#, Zhang J #(# Co-firstauthor), Kuang D, Yang X, Jin H, et al. Molecular analysis and antimicrobial susceptibility of enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli from diarrheal patients, Diagnostic Microbiology and Infectious Disease, February 2015,Volume 81, Issue 2, Pages 126–131.
17. Xu C#, Zhang J# (#Co-firstauthor), Zhao Z, Liao M, et al. Antimicrobial susceptibility and PFGE genotyping of Haemophilus parasuis isolates from pigs in South China (2008-2010),J Vet Med Sci. 2011,73(8): 1061-5
18. Cao G#, Zhang J# (#Co-firstauthor), Xu X, Pan H, Jin H, Yang X, Allard M, Eric Brown, Meng J. Whole Genome Sequences of 12 Clinical Strains of Listeria monocytogenes, Genome Announc,2015, 3(1):e01203-14.
19. Guo L#, Zhang J# (#Co-firstauthor), Liao M, et al. Molecular characterization of β-lactamases in Haemophilus parasuis isolated from South China. Journal of Integrative Agriculture, 2012, 11(1): 116-121.
20. Ding Y, Zhu D, Zhang J, Yang L, Wang X, Chen H, Tan C. Virulence determinants, antimicrobial susceptibility, and molecular profiles of Erysipelothrix rhusiopathiae strains isolated from China. Emerging Microbes & Infectionsï¼Œ2015.
21. Zhang B, Xu C , Zhang J, Zhang L, Guo L, Feng S, Liao M. Comparison of ompP5 sequence-based typing and pulsed-filed gel electrophoresis for genotyping of Haemophilus parasuis. AFR J BIOTECHNOL, 2012, 10.5897/AJB11.2937.
22. Zhang B, Feng S, Xu C, Zhou S, He Y, Zhang L, Zhang J, et al. Serum resistance in Haemophilus parasuis SC096 strain requires outer membrane protein P2 expression. FEMS Microbiol Lett, 2012 Jan;326(2):109-15.
23. Shen J, Wang F, Li F, Roberta Housley, Heather Carolan, Irene Yasuda, Erik Burrows, Rachel Binet, Rangarajan Sampath, Zhang J, et al. Rapid identification and differentiation of Non-O157 Shiga Toxin-Producing Escherichia coli using PCR coupled to electrospray ionization mass spectrometry, Foodborne Pathogens and Disease, 2013 Aug,10(8) :737-43.
24. Shen H, J Wang , L Chen ,M Zhao,C Ju, M Liao, Zhang J, et al. Phenotypic and functional modulation of porcine monocyte-derived dendritic cells for foot-and-mouth disease virus. AFR J BIOTECHNOL, 2011, 10, 8388-8396.
25. Yi S, Xie J, Liu N, Li P, Xu B, Li H, Sun J, Wang J, Liang B, Yang C, Wang X, Hao R, Wang L, Wu Z, Zhang J, et al. Emergence and prevalence of non-H2S-producing Salmonella enterica serovar Senftenberg isolates belonging to a novel sequence type 1751 in China, 2014.Journal of Clinical Microbiology, doi: 10.1128/JCM.00377-14