Umesh A. Kshirsagar was born in Maharashtra, India in 1981. He received B.Sc. (2002) and M.Sc. degrees (First Rank, 2004) in Chemistry from the University of Pune, Pune, India. He qualified SET (State Eligibility Test for lectureship) and CSIR-NET-JRF in 2004. He joined Dr N. P. Argade’s research group at National Chemical Laboratory, Pune, India in 2005 for pursuing the Ph.D. degree. During his Ph.D., he work on developments of novel methods for construction of quinazolinone motif and their applications in the total synthesis of biologically active natural and unnatural quinazolinone compounds. He received the Best Reseach Scholar Award at National Chemical Laboratory, Pune. In 2011, he moved to Israel to joined Prof. Doron Pappo’s research group at Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Beersheva, Israel for the postdoctoral studies where he worked on metal catalysed oxidative coupling reactions. In Israel he received the prestigious ‘PBC-Israel Postdoctoral Fellowship’ 2012 for Outstanding Post-Doctoral Researchers from India and China. He worked as DST-INSPIRE Faculty at Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacology Division, CSIR-IICT, Hyderabad, INDIA (2013-2014). Currently he is working in the Department of Chemistry, Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune, India as Faculty (DST-INSPIRE).
His research interest includes development of novel synthetic methods, C–H activation, oxidative coupling reactions and total synthesis of bioactive natural products, medicinal chemistry.
1. Visible-Light-Mediated, An Organic Photoredox Dye Catalyzed Metal Free Synthesis of 2,4,6-Trisubstiuted Pyridine R. S. Rohokale, U. A. Kshirsagar* and D. D. Dhavale* Manuscript communicated.
2. Advanced Synthetic Strategies to Construct the Quinazolinone Scaffolds R. S. Rohokale and U. A. Kshirsagar* Synthesis 2016. Accepted.
3. One Pot Synthesis of Substituted Imidazopyridines and Thiazoles from Styrenes in Water Assisted by NBS. M. H. Shinde and U. A. Kshirsagar* Green Chem., 2016, ASAP, DOI: 10.1039/C5GC02771C.
4. N-Bromosuccinimide Promoted and Base Switchable One Pot Synthesis of α-Imido and α-Amino Ketones from Styrenes. M. H. Shinde and U. A. Kshirsagar* Org. Biomol. Chem., 2016, 14, 858.
5. Recent developments in the chemistry of quinazolinone alkaloids. U. A. Kshirsagar* Org. Biomol. Chem., 2015,13, 9336.
6. Copper Catalysed Multicomponent Redox Reaction (MCR) for the Synthesis of Quinazolinones. M. H. Shinde and U. A. Kshirsagar* Manuscript under Preparation 2016.
7. Novel Approaches for the Total Synthesis of Chaetominine. M. H. Shinde and U. A. Kshirsagar* Manuscript under Preparation 2016.
8. Iron Catalyzed Oxidative Cross-Coupling of Phenols with Alkenes. U. A. Kshirsagar, R. Clil, R. Parnes, D. Pappo* Org. Lett. 2013. 15, 3174.
9. Airobic Iron-Based Coupling Enables Efficient Diverse-Oriented Synthesis of Coumestrol-Based Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulators. U. A. Kshirsagar, R. Parnes, H. Goldshtein, R. Ofir, R. Zarivach, D. Pappo* Chemistry- A European Journal 2013, 19, 13575.
10. Coumestan, Coumestan Derivatives and Processes for Making the Same and Uses of Same.D. Pappo, R. Parnes, U. A. Kshirsagar, R. Ofir. WO/2014/106848 A1. 11. Ligand-Controlled Iron-Catalyzed Coupling of α-Substituted β-Ketoesters with Phenols R. Parnes, U. A. Kshirsagar, A. Werbeloff, R. Clil, D. Pappo* Org. Lett. 2012, 14, 3324. Ph.D.
12. Regioselective Mono-alkylation of Dimethyl Alkylidenesuccinates: Simple Approach to Dialkyl Substituted Maleic Anhydrides Including Chaetomellic Acid A. U. A. Kshirsagar and N. P. Argade* Synthesis 2011, 1804.
13. Copper-Catalyzed Intramolecular N-Arylation of Quinazolinones: Facile Convergent Approach to (–)-Circumdatins H and J.U. A. Kshirsagar and N. P. Argade* Org. Lett. 2010, 12, 3716.
14. Total Synthesis of Proposed Auranthine.U. A.Kshirsagar, V. G. Puranik and N. P. Argade* J. Org. Chem. 2010, 75, 2702.
15. Facile Approach to Diverse Range of 1,3-Diaza-heterocycles: Angular/Linear Selectivity Paradigm and a Remarkable Intramolecular Methyl Migration. U. A. Kshirsagar and N. P. Argade* Tetrahedron 2009, 65, 5244.
16. Hexamethyldisilazane-Iodine Induced Intramolecular Dehydrative Cyclization of Diamides: A General Access to Natural and Unnatural Quinazolinones.U. A. Kshirsagar, S. B. Mhaske and N. P. Argade* Tetrahedron Lett. 2007, 48, 3243.