Afzal Azam is a Professor, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, J. S. S. College of Pharmacy, India. His publications are in different Journals.
• Organic and heterocyclic synthesis methodologies
• Pharmacophore modeling and structure based drug design.
• Designing in physicochemical properties to high-throughput screen hits that confer “drugability”.
• Medicinal chemistry of antibacterial agents, specifically dual inhibitors of GyrB and ParE, inhibitors of Alanine racemase and MurD.
1. Mohammed Afzal Azam, Naga Srinivas Tripuranenia. Pharmacophore modeling, 3D-QSAR and docking study of 2-phenylpyrimidine analogues as selective PDE4B inhibitors J. Theo. Biol. 2016; 394:117–126. doi:10.1016/j.jtbi.2016.01.007 [I.F.: 2.239]
2. Naga Srinivas Tripuraneni & Mohammed Afzal Azam. A combination of pharmacophore modeling, atom based 3D-QSAR, molecular docking and molecular dynamics simulation studies on PDE4 enzyme inhibitors. J. Biomol. Struct. Dyn. 2015. DOI: 10.1080/07391102.2015.1119732. [I.F. : 2.919]
3. Naga Srinivas Tripuraneni, Mohammed Afzal Azam. Pharmacophore modeling, 3D-QSAR, and docking study of pyrozolo[1,5-a]pyridine/4,4-dimethylpyrazolone analogues as PDE4 selective inhibitors. J. Mol. Model (2015) 21:289. DOI 10.1007/s00894-015-2837-4. [I.F.: 1.78].
4. Mohammed Afzal Azam, Janarthanan Thathan, Selvaraj Jubie. Dual targeting DNA gyrase B (GyrB) and topoisomerse IV (ParE) inhibitors: A review. Bioorg Chem 2015; 62:41-63. [I.F.: 2.152].
5. Mohammed Afzal Azam and Unni Jayaram. Inhibitors of alanine racemase enzyme: a review. J Enzyme Inhib Med Chem, Early Online: 1–10. 2015 Informa UK Ltd. DOI: 10.3109/14756366.2015.1050010.[I.F.: 2.332].