Dr.Amit Surve currently working as a Research coordinator at Bariatric Medicine Institute, Utah.Dr. Surve has been an active researcher in the field of obesity since 2012.He has clinical experience of working under reputed doctors, like Dr. Kelvin Higa and Dr. Keith Boone at Fresno Heart & Surgical Hospital, Fresno, California. During his externship, he also extended his research work in Pulmonary care at Fresno community hospital, where he coordinated Asthma and COPD projects. Dr. Surve has many publications of groundbreaking work using multivariate analysis to show how various pre-operative variables might affect weight loss with various bariatric surgeries.Dr. Surve also has various grants for coordinating research in the field of Bariatric. He has also presented his various researchworks at well-known annual meetings of the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES) and American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS).
1. Amit Surve MD, Hinali Zaveri MD, Daniel Cottam MD. A Video Case Report of Stomach Intestinal Pylorus Sparing Surgery (SIPS) with Laparoscopic Fundoplication (LF): A Surgical Procedure to Treat Gastrointestinal Reflux Disease (GERD) in the Setting of Morbid Obesity. Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2016.
2. Amit Surve MD, Hinali Zaveri MD, Daniel Cottam MD, Austin Cottam, LeGrand Belnap MD, Christina Richards MD,F.A.C.S., Walter Medlin MD, F.A.C.S. Mid Term Outcomes of Gastric Bypass Weight Loss Failure to Duodenal Switch. Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2016.
3. Austin Cottam, Daniel Cottam MD, Mitchell Roslin MD, Samuel Cottam, Walter Medlin MD,F.A.C.S, Christina Richards MD,F.A.C.S., Amit Surve MD, Hinali Zaveri MD. A matched cohort analysis of sleeve gastrectomy with and without 300 cm loop duodenal switch with 18 month follows up. Obes Surg. 2016: 1-7.
4. Le Grand Belnap MD, Hinali Zaveri MD, Daniel Cottam MD, Amit Surve MD, George Rodgers MD. Portal Mesenteric Vein Thrombosis after Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy: presentation and management. Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2016.
5. Amit Surve MD, Hinali Zaveri MD, Daniel Cottam MD. A Safer and Simpler Technique of Duodenal Dissection and Transection of the Duodenal Bulb for Duodenal Switch.Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2016.
6. Hinali Zaveri MD, Ramsey Dalal MD, Daniel Cottam MD, Amit Surve MD, Susan Kartiko MD, Fernando Bonnani MD, Austin Cottam, Samuel Cottam. Indications and operative outcomes of gastric bypass reversal. Obes Surg. 2016:1-6.
7. Brian Mitzman MD, Daniel Cottam MD, Richie Goriparthi MD Msc, Samuel Cottam, Hinali Zaveri MD, Amit Surve MD, Mitchell S Roslin MD, FACS. Stomach Intestinal Pylorus Sparing Surgery for morbid obesity: Retrospective analysis of our preliminary experiences. Obes Surg. 2016:1-7.
8. Amit Surve MD, Hinali Zaveri MD, Daniel Cottam MD. Retrograde filling of the afferent limb as a cause of chronic nausea after single anastomosis loop duodenal switch.Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2016.
9. Austin Cottam, Daniel Cottam MD, Walter Medlin MD FACS, Christina Richards MD FACS, Samuel Cottam, Hinali Zaveri MD, Amit Surve MD. A Matched Cohort Analysis of Loop Duodenal Switch versus Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass with 18 Month Follow Up. Surg Endosc. 2015: 1-7.
10. Amit Surve MD, Hinali Zaveri MD, Daniel Cottam MD. Symptomatic Gastric Diverticulum following Gastric Imbrication with conversion to Sleeve Gastrectomy. Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2016;12(2):439-440.
11. Hinali Zaveri, Amit Surve, Daniel Cottam , Richards Christina Richards, Walter Medlin, LeGrand Belnap, Samuel Cottam, Austin Cottam . Stomach intestinal pylorus sparing surgery (SIPS) with laparoscopic fundoplication (LF): a new approach to gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) in the setting of morbid obesity. Springerplus. 2015; 4(1): 596.