Dr.Hinali Zaveri currently working as a Research coordinator under Dr Daniel Cottam at Bariatric Medicine Institute, Utah. Dr. Zaveri has various grants for co-coordinating clinical trials and research. She even worked as a faculty member for General Pathology and Histology at USAIM. Her confidence & belief in her abilities made her work with Fresno Heart & Surgical Hospital at California with renowned surgeons like Dr. Kelvin Higa. She played a major role in Dr Vipul Jain’s one of the projects of Asthma at UCSF-Fresno, California.She has been one of the pioneers in publishing various articles on SIPS/Loop Duodenal Switch surgery, recently gaining lots of popularity in the bariatric world. She has not only displayed her work at various meetings but also given symposium presentation at various obesity meetings.
1)Creating the model with multivariate analysis that can predict pre-operative weight loss for various bariatric surgeries
1. Surve A, Zaveri H, Cottam D. A safer and simpler technique of duodenal dissection and transection of the duodenal bulb for duodenal switch. Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2016.
2. Hinali Zaveri MD, Ramsey Dalal MD, Daniel Cottam MD, Amit Surve MD, Susan Kartiko MD, Fernando Bonnani MD, Austin Cottam, Samuel Cottam. Indications and operative outcomes of gastric bypass reversal. Obes Surg. Feb 2016.
3. Brian Mitzman MD, Daniel Cottam MD, Richie Goriparthi MD Msc, Samuel Cottam, Hinali Zaveri MD, Amit Surve MD, Mitchell S Roslin MD, FACS. Stomach Intestinal Pylorus Sparing Surgery for morbid obesity: Retrospective analysis of our preliminary experiences. Obes Surg. Mar 2016:1-7.
4. Amit Surve MD, Hinali Zaveri MD, Daniel Cottam MD. Retrograde filling of the afferent limb as a cause of chronic nausea after single anastomosis loop duodenal switch. Surg Obes Relat Dis. Jan 2016.
5. Austin Cottam, Daniel Cottam MD, Walter Medlin MD FACS, Christina Richards MD FACS, Samuel Cottam, Hinali Zaveri MD, Amit Surve MD. A Matched Cohort Analysis of Loop Duodenal Switch versus Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass with 18 Month Follow Up. Surg Endosc. Dec 2015: 1-7.
6. Surve A, Zaveri H, Cottam D. Symptomatic Gastric Diverticulum following Gastric Imbrication with conversion to Sleeve Gastrectomy.Surg Obes Relat Dis. Sep 2015.
7. Zaveri H, Surve A, Cottam D, Richards C, Medlin W, Belnap L, Cottam S, Cottam A. Stomach intestinal pylorus sparing surgery (SIPS) with laparoscopic fundoplication (LF): a new approach to gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) in the setting of morbid obesity. Springerplus. 2015; 4(1): 596.
8. Le Grand Belnap MD, Hinali Zaveri MD, Daniel Cottam MD, Amit Surve MD, George Rodgers MD. Portal Mesenteric Vein Thrombosis after Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy: presentation and management. Surg Obes Relat Dis. Mar 2016.
9. Amit Surve MD, Hinali Zaveri MD, Daniel Cottam MD, LeGrand Belnap MD, Walter Medlin MD, F.A.C. S., Christina Richards MD, F.A.C.S., Austin Cottam. A video case report of stomach intestinal pyloris sparing surgery (SIPS) with laparoscopic fundoplication (LF): A surgical procedure to treat the gastrointestinal reflux disease (GERD) in the setting of morbid obesity. Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2016
10. Amit Surve MD, Hinali Zaveri MD, Daniel Cottam MD, Austin Cottam, LeGrand Belnap MD, Christina Richards MD,F.A.C.S., Walter Medlin MD, F.A.C.S. Mid Term Outcomes of Gastric Bypass Weight Loss Failure to Duodenal Switch. Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2016.
11. Austin Cottam, Daniel Cottam MD, Mitchell Roslin MD, Samuel Cottam, Walter Medlin MD,F.A.C.S, Christina Richards MD,F.A.C.S., Amit Surve MD, Hinali Zaveri MD. A matched cohort analysis of sleeve gastrectomy with and without 300 cm loop duodenal switch with 18 month follows up. Obes Surg. 2016:1-7.