Dr. Muhammad Ikram completed his Masters in Pusan National University, Busan, Republic of Korea. Earlier he Worked as dispensing pharmacist with international medical corps (IMC) from Dec 2009 to Feb 2011. His contribution towards Research are Designing a cytocompatible scaffold system for 3D cell culture and anticancer drug testing, constructed novel three dimensional cell culture hydrogel scaffold system having outstanding cytocompatiblity and biocompatibility for different cell line like Thymic epithelial cells, T and B cells lymphomas, Ovarian cancer cells, Prostate cancer cells, Hepatic cancer cells, and Breast cancer cells so far tested.
1) Immunology (T cell development and T cell lymphoma malignancy and metastasis).
2) Biomedical engineering (Designing biocompatible scaffold system for tissue engineering and drug resistance).
1) Hak-Jong Choi, Tae-Deuk Yoon, Ikram Muhammad, Myong-Ho Jeong, Jieun Lee, Sun-Yong Baek, Bong-Seon Kim, Sik Yoon. “Regulatory role of mouse epidermal growth factor-like protein 8 in thymic epithelial cells” Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012 Aug 24; 425(2):250-5. DOI 10.1016/j.bbrc.2012.07.076.
2) Subhan F, Yoon TD, Choi HJ, Muhammad Ikram, Lee J, Hong C, Oh SO, Baek SY, Kim BS, Yoon S. Epidermal growth factor-like domain 8 inhibits mouse thymocyte survival and proliferation. (Int J Mol Med. 2013 Oct;32(4):952-8) DOI: 10.3892/ijmm.2013.1448.
3) Ik-Jin Song*, Muhammad Ikram*, Fazli Subhan, Da-Jeong Choi, Ja-Rang Lee, Heui-Soo Kim, Sun-Yong Baek, Young-Tak Lim, Sik Yoon. Molecular characterization and expression analysis of mouse epidermal growth factor-like domain 8. Int J Mol Med, 2015 June 18 (DOI: 10.3892/ijmm.2015.2252).
4) Da Jeong Choi, Seung Mi Choi, Hae Yeong Kang, Hye-Jin Min, Rira Lee, Muhammad Ikram, Fazli Subhan, Song Wan Jin, Young Hun Jeong, Jong-Young Kwak, Sik Yoon. Bioactive fish collagen/polycaprolactone composite nanofibrous scaffolds fabricated by electrospinning for 3D cell culture. J Biotechnol. 2015 Jul 10;205:47-58. DOI: 10.1016/j.jbiotec.2015.01.017.
5) Muhammad Naeem, Moonjeong Choi, Jiafu Cao, Yujeong Lee, Muhammad Ikram, Sik Yoon, Jaewon Lee, Hyung Ryong Moon, Min-Soo Kim, Yunjin Jung, Jin-Wook Yoo. Colon-targeted delivery of budesonide using dual pH- and time-dependent polymeric nanoparticles for colitis therapy. Drug Des Devel Ther 2015 July21(http://dx.doi.org/10.2147/DDDT.S88672).
6) Shaukat Khan, Mazhar Ul-Islam, Muhammad Wajid Ullah, Muhammad Ikram, Fazli Subhan, Yeji Kim, Jae Hyun Jang, Sik Yoon, Joong Kon Park. Engineered regenerated bacterial cellulose scaffolds for application in in vitro tissue regeneration. RSC Adv., 2015, 5, 84565 (DOI: 10.1039/c5ra16985b).
7) Suil Shin, Muhammad Ikram, Fazli Subhanb, Hae Yeong Kang, Yeseon Limb, Rira Lee, Song Wan Jin, Young Hun Jeong, Jong-Young Kwak, Yong-Jin Na, Sik Yoon. Alginate/marine collagen/agarose composite hydrogels as matrices for biomimetic 3D cell spheroid formation. RSC Adv., 2016 (Accepted)