Research of sustainable materials, natural products and their applications in cosmetic and dermatological delivery systems. He has received a PhD in Sciences (2015) focused on medicines and cosmetics from the University of Sao Paulo (Brazil), after a research on foresight and technological innovation in the Brazilian skin care and dermatology industry. He has experience in research, development, and analytical characterization of products and ingredients for the cosmetic and pharmaceutical industries. Dr. Ivan also holds an MBA in Business Management from the State University of Maringá (2010), Brazil, where he also got a Bachelor of Pharmacy (2009).
Drug Delivery Systems
1. SOUZA, I. D. S.; BERKOWITZ, E.; CHEA, J. D.; McBRIDE, N.; SWEET, K.; TORRI, D.; BURGO, R.; SAVELSKI, M.; STANZIONE, J. F. Efficient UV Filter Solubilizers Prevent Recrystallization Favoring Accurate and Safe Sun Protection. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 05 Nov. 2018. DOI: 10.1021/acsami.8b14204
2. SOUZA, I. D. S.; ALMEIDA, T. L.; TAKAHASHI, V. P. Proposal of a classification system for opportunities to innovate in skin care products. International Journal of Cosmetic Science, 2015.
3. SOUZA, I. D. S.; ALMEIDA, T. L.; TAKAHASHI, V. P.Will Governmental Incentives in Developing Countries Support Companies to Innovate More? Evidences from Skin Care Patent Applications in Brazil. Journal of Technology Management & Innovation, v. 9, p. 1-20, 2014.
4. SOUZA, I. D. S.; RECHE, P. M. ; SACHUK, M. I.Organizational commitment and job satisfaction of personnel in a hospital in Umuarama – Paraná – Brazil(in Portuguese). Qualit@s (UEPB), v. 14, p. 927, 2013. 5. SOUZA, I. D.
S.; PINHEIRO, B. J. ; TAKAHASHI, V. P. Trend Analysis and Benchmark in the Cosmetic Industry (in Portuguese). Cosmetics&ToiletriesBrasil (Portuguese Ed.), v. 24, p. 38-46, 2012.
6. SOUZA, I. D. S.; PINHEIRO, B. J. ; TAKAHASHI, V. P.A patent survey case: How could technological forecasting help cosmetic chemists with product innovation? Journal of Cosmetic Science, v. 63, p. 365-384, 2012.
7. SOUZA, I. D. S.; TAKAHASHI, V. P.A vision of the future through prospective scenarios: a tool for the anticipation of disruptive innovation (in Portuguese). Future Studies Research Journal, v. 04, p. 102-131, 2012.
8. ZANONI, J. N.; TRONCHINI, E. A.; MOURE, S. A.; SOUZA, I. D. S. Effects of L-glutamine supplementation on the myenteric neurons from the duodenum and cecum of diabetic rats. Arquivos de Gastroenterologia, v. 48, p. 66-71, 2011.
9. SOUZA, I. D. S.; RIBEIRO, J. S.; BERSANI-AMADO, C. A.; ZANONI, J. N. Analysis of myosin-V immunoreactive myenteric neurons from arthritic rats. Arquivos de Gastroenterologia, v. 48, p. 205-210, 2011.
10. PEREIRA, M. A. S.; LIBERATI, A. P.; SOUZA, I. D. S.; ZANONI, J. N. Density and Morphometry of Overall Myenteric Neurons Population from the Duodenum of Diabetic Rats (Rattus norvegicus) under Ascorbic Acid Supplementation. International Journal of Morphology, v. 27, p. 413-418, 2009.
11. PEREIRA, R. V. F.; SOUZA, I. D. S.; MIRANDA-NETO, M. H.; ZANONI, J. N. Vitamin E supplementation in rats with experimental diabetes mellitus: analysis of myosin-V and nNOS immunoreactive myenteric neurons from terminal ileum. Journal of Molecular Histology, v. 39, p. 595-603, 2008.