Dr. Sandeep K. Vashist is the Chief Scientific Officer at Vallomed Healthcare GmbH, Germany and Adjunct Professor in Dept. of Biomedical Engineering at Vellore Institute of Technology, India. He was the Bioanalytical Scientist at Bristol-Myers Squibb Ireland (2006−2009), Team Leader for point-of-care (POC) diabetic monitoring at National University of Singapore (2009−2012), Head of Immunodiagnostics at Hahn-Schickard, Freiburg, Germany (2012-2015), and Senior Scientist in POCT at Klinikum rechts der Isar der Technischen Universität München, Germany. His research outputs include many successful technology transfers; several IVD and POC technologies; about 110 high impact factor journal publications and more than 100 conference publications, numerous patents, book chapters, invited/keynote/plenary talks, and several highly prestigious books such as from CRC Press. He has constantly received highly prestigious fellowships and awards for scientific research excellence and innovation.
Bioanalytical techniques; IVD; POCT and Mobile healthcare
1. Vashist, S.K., Lam, E., Hrapovic, S., Male, K., Luong, J.H.T. Immobilization of antibodies and enzymes on 3-aminopropyltriethoxysilane-functionalized bioanalytical platforms for biosensors and diagnostics. CHEMICAL REVIEWS, 114(21), 11083-11130, 2014.
2. Vashist, S.K., Luppa, P.B., Yeo, L.Y., Ozcan, A., Luong, J.H.T. Emerging technologies for next-generation point-of-care testing. TRENDS IN BIOTECHNOLOGY, 33, 692-705, 2015.
3. Dixit, C.K., Vashist, S.K., MacCraith, B.D., O’Kennedy, R. Multisubstrate-compatible ELISA procedures for rapid and high-sensitivity immunoassays. NATURE PROTOCOLS, 6(4), 439-445, 2011
4. Vashist, S.K., E.M. Schneider, E. Lam, S. Hrapovic, J.H.T. Luong One-step antibody immobilization-based rapid and highly-sensitive sandwich ELISA procedure for potential in vitro diagnostics. SCIENTIFIC REPORTS (BY NATURE PUBLISHING GROUP) 4, 4407; DOI: 10.1038/srep04407, 2014.
5. Vashist, S.K., van Oordt, T., Schneider, E.M., Zengerle, R., von Stetten, F., Luong, J.H.T. A smartphone-based colorimetric reader for bioanalytical applications using the screen-based bottom illumination provided by gadgets. BIOSENSORS & BIOELECTRONICS, 67, 248-255, 2015.
6. Vashist, S.K., Czilwik, G., van Oordt, T., von Stetten, F., Zengerle, R., Schneider, E.M., Luong, J.H.T. One-step kinetics-based immunoassay for the highly sensitive detection of C-reactive protein in less than 30 min. ANALYTICAL BIOCHEMISTRY, 456, 32-37, 2014.
7. Vashist, S.K., Schneider, E.M., Luong, J.H.T. Rapid sandwich ELISA-based in vitro diagnostic procedure for the highly-sensitive detection of human fetuin A. BIOSENSORS & BIOELECTRONICS, 67, 73-78, 2015.
8. Vashist, S.K., Schneider, E.M., Zengerle, R., von Stetten, F., Luong, J.H.T Graphene-based rapid and highly-sensitive immunoassay for C-reactive protein using a smartphone-based colorimetric reader. BIOSENSORS & BIOELECTRONICS, 66, 169-176, 2015
9. Vashist, S.K., Schneider, E.M., Luong, J.H.T. Surface plasmon resonance-based immunoassay for human C-reactive protein. ANALYST, 140, 4445-4452, 2015
10. Luong, J.H.T, Vashist, S.K. Immunosensing procedures for carcinoembryonic antigen using graphene and nanocomposites. BIOSENSORS & BIOELECTRONICS, 2015, DOI: 10.1016/j.bios.2015.11.053
11. Czilwik, C., Vashist, S.K., Klein, V., Buderer, A., Roth, G., Zengerle, R., von Stetten, F., Mark, D. Magnetic chemiluminescent immunoassay for human C-reactive protein on the centrifugal microfluidics platform. RSC ADVANCES, 5, 61906-12, 2015
12. Vashist, S.K., Luong, J.H.T Recent advances in electrochemical biosensing schemes using graphene and graphene-based nanocomposites. CARBON, 84, 519-550, 2015.
13. Dixit, C.K., Vashist, S.K., O’Neill, F.T., O’Reilly, B., MacCraith, B.D., O’Kennedy, R. Development of a high sensitivity rapid sandwich ELISA procedure and its comparison with the conventional approach. ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY, 82(16), 7049-52, 2010.
14. Vashist, S.K. A sub-picogram sensitive rapid chemiluminescent immunoassay for the detection of human fetuin A. BIOSENSORS & BIOELECTRONICS, 40, 297-302, 2013.
15. Hsu, H.Y., Seybold, M., Wittkowski, K.M., Weiss, M., Joos, T.O., Vashist, S.K., Paschke, S., Schneider, E.M. Biomarker-assisted sepsis outcome designation using a pattern combined non-parametric statistical approach. BBA CLINICAL, 2015. (Under review)
16. Vashist, S.K., Venkatesh, A.G., Schneider, E.M., Luppa, P., Luong, J.H.T. Bioanalytical advances in assays for C-reactive protein. BIOTECHNOLOGY ADVANCES, 34, 272-290, 2016
17. Vashist, S.K., E.M. Schneider, J.H.T. Luong Surface plasmon resonance-based immunoassay for human fetuin A. ANALYST, 139, 2237-42, 2014
18. Vashist, S.K., Schneider, E.M., Luong, J.H.T. Agarose microparticles-based signal-enhanced immunoassay to detect human fetuin A in just 30 minutes. ANALYTICA CHIMICA ACTA, 883, 74-80, 2015.
19. Vashist, S.K., Luong, J.H.T. Trends in in vitro diagnostics and mobile healthcare. BIOTECHNOLOGY ADVANCES, 34, 137-138, 2016.
20. Vashist, S.K. Graphene-based immunoassay for human lipocalin-2. ANALYTICAL BIOCHEMISTRY, 446, 96-101, 2014.
21. Stevens, G.B., Silver, D.A., Zgaga-Griesz, A., Bessler, W.G., Vashist, S.K., Patel, P., Achazi, K., Strotmeier, J., Worbs, S., Dorner, M.B., Dorner, B.G., Pauly, D., Rummel, A., Urban, G.A., Krueger, M. Bioluminescence assay for the highly sensitive detection of botulinum neurotoxin A activity. ANALYST, 138, 6154-6162, 2013.
22. Van Oordt, T., Stevens, G.B., Vashist, S.K., Zengerle, R., von Stetten, F. Rapid and highly sensitive luciferase reporter assay for the automated detection of botulinum toxin in the centrifugal microfluidic LabDisk platform. RSC ADVANCES, 3, 22046-52, 2013