Dr. Yusuf ÖZ?ENSOY is Assistant Professor and head of the department inSivas CumhuriyetUniversity, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Department of Veterinary Biometrics and Genetics, Turkey. He completed his PhD in Animal Sciencein Institute of Health Sciences,inSelçuk University, Turkey in 2011.His PhD thesis was based on genetic characterization of some Turkish cattle breeds. He reviewed 49 articles on 29 international journals. He is the editorial board member of 9 international journals.
Animal Genetics, Population Genetics, Phylogenetics, Molecular Biology, Biostatistics
1) Kurar E, Atli MO, Guzeloglu A, Ozsensoy Y, Semacan A (2010). Comparison of Five Different RNA Isolation Methods from Equine Endometrium for Gene Transcription Analysis. Kafkas Univ Vet Fak Derg, 16(5):851–855.
2) Öz?ensoy Y, Kurar E, Bulut Z, Nizaml?o?lu M (2014). Y - Chromosome analysis of native Turkish cattle breeds by microsatellite markers. Turk J Biol, 38(3): 388-395.
3) Öz?ensoy Y, Kurar E, Do?an M, Bulut Z, Nizaml?o?lu M, I??k A, Çaml?da? A, Altunok V (2014). Genetic characterization of Turkish cattle breeds by microsatellite markers: Usefulness for parentage testing. Kafkas Univ Vet Fak Derg, 20(4): 521-526.
4) Khan MK, Pandey A, Thomas G, Akkaya MS, Kayis SA, Ozsensoy Y, Hamurcu M, Gezgin S, Topal A, Hakki EE (2015). Genetic diversity and population structure of wheat in India and Turkey. AoB Plants, 7: plv083; Doi: 10.1093/aobpla/plv083.
5) Bulut Z, Kurar E, Ozsensoy Y, Altunok V, Nizamlioglu M (2016). Genetic diversity of eight domestic goat populations raised in Turkey. BioMed Research International, vol. 2016, Article ID 2830394, 6 pages, Doi: 10.1155/2016/2830394.
6) Öz?ensoy Y (2018). Investigation of PRL-Rsa I and Hae III gene polymorphisms in water buffaloes breed in Sivas province by using PCR-RFLP method. R Bras Zootec, 47:e20170166; Doi: 10.1590/rbz4720170166.
7) Öz?ensoy Y, Kurar E, Do?an M, Bulut Z, Nizaml?o?lu M, Altunok V, I??k A, Çaml?da? A (2019). Phylogenetic relationships of native Turkish cattle breeds using microsatelllite markers. Turk J Vet Anim Sci, 43(1):23-29.
8) Do?an A, Öz?ensoy Y, Türker FS (2019). MnSOD, CAT and Gpx-3 genetic polymorphisms in coronary artery disease. Molecular Biology Reports, 46(1): 841-845.
9) Koçkaya M, Öz?ensoy Y, ?nsal B (2019). Comparisons of some physiological and stress behavior parameters of Kangal shepherd dogs with and without ankyloglossia in different environmental temperatures. Turk J Vet Anim Sci, IN PRESS.
10) Ozsensoy Y, Kurar E (2012), Marker Systems andApplications in Genetic Characterization Studies (in Turkish).J Cell Mol Biol, 10(2):11-19.
11) Öz?ensoy Y, Kurar E (2014). Genetic diversity of native Turkish cattle breeds: Mantel, AMOVA and bottleneck analysis. J Adv Vet Anim Res,1(3): 86-93.
12) Bulut Z, Kurar E, Öz?ensoy Y, Altunok V, Nizaml?o?lu M (2014). Usefullness of microsatellite DNA markers for parentage testing for some goat populations in Turkey (in Turkish). J Cell Mol Biol, 12(1&2):39-45.
13) Ero?lu T, Öz?ensoy Y, Kurar E, Altunok V, Nizaml?o?lu M, Yüksek N (2015). Genetic characterization of various cat breeds in Turkey by using microsatellites. J Cell Mol Biol, 13(1&2):16-25.
14) Koçkaya M, Öz?ensoy Y (2016). Determination of some blood parameters and macro elements in coccidiosis affected Akkaraman Kangal lambs. Journal of Asian Scientific Research, 6(9):138-142.
15) Öz?ensoy Y, ?ahin S (2016). Comparison of different DNA isolation methods and use of dodecyle trimethyl ammonium bromide (DTAB) for the isolation of DNA from meat products. J Adv Vet Anim Res, 3(4): 368-374.