Dr Abbas Amini is an associate lecturer, a registered member of Western Sydney University graduate supervisory board at the School of Computing, Engineering and Mathematics, and the member of Work Health and Safety Committee of the same university. Before joining the Western Sydney University, he had conducted research with other Australian universities and CSIRO, at Monash University, Deakin University, and the University of Melbourne. His fine outcomes have been presented in high impact factor journals, e.g., Nature publication group, and a book published in 2016. Abbas started his teaching, industrial and scientific journey from obtaining an associate’s degree in mathematics, BSc and MSc in mechanical engineering, and PhD in both nanotechnology and mechanical engineering from the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. He has also updated himself by several Australian and Canadian nationally recognized professional certificates and diplomas, e.g., FULT (Foundations of University Learning and Teaching from Western Sydney University), TAE, WHS, CNC etc., since then. With his intense schedule, he has been extensively involved in teaching for many years, and worked in industry, e.g., Magna Powertrain, Toronto, Canada, as a professional engineer and industrial designer for a period of six years. Dr Amini is a member of American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), an active reviewer for and editor of several ISI journals, and a committee member of 14 international conferences to-date, including the co-chair of 8th International Conference of ICCAE 2016, Melbourne, Australia, Mar. 3-4, 2016. Dr Amini is supervising four PhD candidates at present, and is open for scientific and funding collaborations.
Dr Amini's research focus in particular covers a wide range of multidisciplinary aspects: biomedical materials, bioplastics, shape memory alloys, water treatment, drug delivery systems, piezoelectric materials, graphene, graphane, CNTs, biodegradable polymeric nano-composites, TiO2, ZnO, environmental sustainability and water efficiency, experimental analysis, multi-scale (nano to macro) modelling of multi-physics phenomena, indentation methods, 3D printing, phase transition, mechanics of materials, fabrication of modern composites, manufacturing, offshore naval structures, and ship design. Key words: Bionanotechnology; Biodegradabple polymers; 3D printing; Biomedical materails; Shape memory alloys; Bio-applications of carbon-base materials
Publication Information: 1. Book Necessaries for Organic Nanostructures, M. Bahri, M. Mir, A. Amini, EP Press, 2016. 6 | P a g e Dr Amini, CV 2. Articles in Refereed ISI Journals 1) Amini Abbas, Yang Chunhui, Cheng Chun, Naebe Minoo, Xiang Yang, “Nanoscale variation in energy dissipation in austenitic shape memory alloys in ultimate loading cycles”, Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, (2015) DOI: 10.1177/1045389X14560365.
2) Bidram Elham, Sulistio Adrian, Amini Abbas, Fu Qiang, Qiao Greg G., Stewart Alastair, Dunstan Dave E., “Fractionation of graphene oxide single nano-sheets in water-glycerol solutions using gradient centrifugation” Carbon, 103 (2016) 363-371.
3) Hashem Nia Azadeh, Amini Abbas, Taghavi Sahar, Eshghi Hossein, Ramezani Mohammad, “A Facile Friedel-Crafts Acylation for the Synthesis of Polyethylenimine-Grafted Multi-walled Carbon Nanotubes as Efficient Gene Delivery Vectors” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, 502 (2016) 125-137.
4) Mohammadi Soheila, Pourseyedi Shahram, Amini Abbas, “Green Synthesis of Silver Nanoparticles using Cowpea Seeds (Vigna sp. L) with a Long Lasting Stability”, Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering, 4 (2016) 2023-2032.
5) Shi Run, Huang Chengzi, Zhang Linfei, Amini Abbas, Liu Kai, Shi Yuan, Bao Shuhan, Wang Ning, Cheng Chun “Three Dimensional Sculpturing of Vertical Nanowire Arrays by Conventional Photolithography”, journal of Scientific Reports (NATURE publications), 6 (2016) 18886.
6) Shi Yuan, bao shuhan, Shi Run, Huang Chengzi, Zhang Linfei, Amini Abbas, Wu Zefei, Wang Ning, Cheng Chun, “Y-shaped ZnO Nanobelts Driven from Twinned Dislocations”, journal of Scientific Reports (NATURE publications), 6 (2016) 22494.
7) Naebe Minoo, Abolhasani Mohammad Mahdi, Khayyam Hamid, Amini Abbas, Fox Bronwyn, “Crack Damage in Polymers and Composites: A Review”, Polymer Reviews, 56 (2016) 31-69.
8) Abbas Amini, Chunhui Yang, Yang Xiang, “Hypothesis on phase transition nucleation and propagation in polycrystalline NiTi shape memory alloys under nanoscale compressive loading”, Journal of Materials Today: P., 3 (2016) 708-714.
9) Daneshnia Farnaz, Amini Abbas, Chaichi Mohammad Reza, “Berseem clover quality and basil essential oil yield in intercropping system under limited irrigation treatments with surfactant”, journal of Agricultural Water Management, 164 (2016) 331-339.
10) Huang Chengzi, Shi Run, Amini Abbas, Wu Zefei, Xu Shuigang, Zhang Linfei, Cao Wei, Feng Jiangwei, Song Haisheng, Shi Yantao, Wang Ning and Cheng Chun, “Hierarchical ZnO nanostructures with blooming flowers driven by screw dislocations”, journal of Scientific Reports (NATURE publications), 5 (2015) 8226 .
11) Asghari Hamideh, G. Chegini Koorosh, Amini Abbas, Gheibid Nematollah, “Effect of Poly and Mono Unsaturated Fatty Acids on Stability and Structure of Recombinant S100A8/A9 Complex”, Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 84 (2016) 35-42.
12) Daneshnia Farnaz, Amini Abbas, Chaichi Mohammad Reza, “Surfactant effect on forage yield and water efficiency for berseem clover and basil in intercropping and limited irrigation systems”, journal of Agricultural Water Management, 160 (2015) 57-63.
13) Ghasempour Fariba, Azimirad Rouhollah, Amini Abbas, Akhavan Omid, “Visible light photoinactivation of bacteria by tungsten oxide nanostructures formed on a tungsten foil”, journal of Applied Surface Science, 338 (2015) 55-60.
14) Amini Abbas, Yang Chunhui, Xiang Yang, “Improved nanoindentation phase transformation in functional structure of NiTi SMA and graphene”, journal of Advanced Materials Research, 1119 (2015) 160-164.
15) Cheng Chun*, Amini Abbas*, Zhu Chao, Xu Zuli, Song Haisheng, Wang Ning, “Enhanced catalytic performance of TiO2-ZnO hybrid nanostructures”, journal of Scientific Reports (NATURE publications), 4 (2014) 4181. (*equal role)
16) Naebe Minoo, Wang Jing, Amini Abbas, Khayyam Hamid, Hameed Nishar, Li Lu Hua, Chen Ying, Fox Bronwyn, “Mechanical Property and Structure of Covalent Functionalised Graphene/Nanocomposites Polymers”, journal of Scientific Reports (NATURE publications), 4 (2014) 4375.
17) Cheng Chun, Guo Hua, Amini Abbas, Liu Kai, Fu Deyi, Zou Jian, Song Haisheng, “Self- Assembly and Horizontal Orientation Growth of VO2 Nanowires”, journal of Scientific Reports (NATURE publications), 4 (2014) 5456.
18) Amini Abbas, Cheng Chun, “Nature of hardness evolution in nanocrystalline NiTi shape memory alloys during solid-state phase transition”, journal of Scientific Reports (NATURE publications), 3 (2013) 2476.
19) Amini Abbas, Cheng Chun, Kan Qianhua, Naebe Minoo, Song Haisheng, “Phase Transformation Evolution in NiTi Shape Memory Alloy under Cyclic Nanoindentation Loadings at Dissimilar Rates”, journal of Scientific Reports (NATURE publications), 3 (2013) 3412.
20) Amini Abbas, Cheng Chun, Naebe Minoo, Church Jeffrey, Hameed Nishar, Asgari Alireza, Will Frank, “Temperature variations at nano-scale level in phase transformed nanocrystalline NiTi shape memory alloys adjacent to graphene layers”, journal of Nanoscale, 5 (2013) 6479-6484.
21) Amini Abbas, Cheng Chun, Asgari Alireza, “Combinational rate effects on the performance of nano-grained pseudoelastic Nitinols”, journal of Materials Letters, 105 (2013) 98-101.
22) Hameed Nishar, Church Jeffrey, Salim Nisa, Hanley Tracey, Amini Abbas, Fox Bronwyn, “Dispersing Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes in Ionic Liquids”, journal of RSC Advances, 3 (2013) 20034-20039.
23) Amini Abbas, Hameed Nishar, Church Jeffrey, Cheng Chun, Asgari Alireza, Will Frank, “Effect of graphene layers on thermomechanical behavior of NiTi shape memory alloy during nano-scale phase transition”, journal of Scripta Materialia, 68 (2013) 420-423.
24) Yan Wenyi, Amini Abbas, Sun Qingping, “On anomalous depth-dependency of the hardness of NiTi shape memory alloys in spherical nanoindentation”, journal of Materials Research, 28 (2013) 2031-2039.
25) Amini Abbas, Beladi Hossein, Hameed Nishar, Will Frank, “Effects of dynamic loading on nanoscale depth-recovery and damping property of single crystal CuAlNi shape memory alloy”, journal 8 | P a g e Dr Amini, CV of Alloys and Compounds, 545 (2012) 222-224.
26) Amini Abbas, He Yongjun, Sun Qingping, “Loading rate dependency of maximum nanoindentation depth in nano-grained NiTi shape memory alloys”, journal of Materials Letters, 65 (2011) 464-466.
27) Amini Abbas, Yan Wenyi, Sun Qingping, “Depth dependency of indentation hardness during solid-state phase transition of shape memory alloys”, journal of Applied Physics Letters, 99 (2011) 021901.
28) Zhang Linfei, Yang Mingyang, Zhang Shengliang, Wu Zefei, Amini Abbas, Zhang Yi, Wang Dongyong, Bao Shuhan, Lu Zhouguang, Wang Ning, Cheng Chun, “V2O5-C-SnO2 Hybrid Nanobelts as High Performance Anode for Lithium-ion Batteries”, journal of Scientific Reports (NATURE publications), 2016, Accepted.