Dr. Triggs joined the faculty at the University of Florida as an assistant professor in neurology in 1992 and was promoted to associate professor of neurology and psychiatry in 1997.Dr. Triggs has been voted into â€œBest Doctors in Americaâ€, â€œWhoâ€™s Who in Medicine and Healthcareâ€, â€œWhoâ€™s Who in Science and Engineeringâ€, â€œInternational Health Professional of the Yearâ€, â€œAmericaâ€™s Top Physiciansâ€ and â€œLeading Physicians of the Worldâ€.Dr. Triggs is a member of the American Academy of Neurology and the American Association of Electrodiagnostic Medicine. He is a member of the Medical Advisory Board of the Peripheral Neuropathy Association. Dr. Triggs has authored more than 75 peer-reviewed manuscripts related to neuromuscular disorders, transcranial magnetic stimulation and neuroscience. He has been invited to speak in local, national and international venues and scientific meetings.
Dr. Triggs emphasizes the evaluation and treatment of patients with a variety of neuromuscular disorders, such as peripheral neuropathy, chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (CIDP), Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), myasthenia gravis and polymyositis. Dr. Triggs is a recognized authority in transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS).
1) Triggs WJ and Cros D: Axonal Guillain-BarrÃ© Syndrome [letter]. Neurology 43:1443, 1993
2) Triggs WJ and Gilmore RL: Electrophysiologic Abnormalities in Myelopathy after Electrocution [letter]. Muscle and Nerve 18:675, 1995
3) Triggs WJ: Guillain-BarrÃ© Syndrome: Treatment Selection and Recovery. Prognosis in Neurologic Disorders. Continuing Medical Education Course, American Academy of Neurology, 1995
4) Triggs WJ: Caring for the Older Adult I: Tremors [Audiotape]. University of Florida Geriatric Education Center Continuing Medical Education Audiotape Series, 2001
5) Nadeau SE, Ferguson TS, Valenstein E, Vierck CJ, Petruska JC, Streit WJ, and Ritz LA. Medical Neuroscience. Saunders, Philadelphia, 2004. (Contribution by William J. Triggs).
6) Triggs WJ: Invited Review of: Plasticity in the Human Nervous System: Investigations with Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation. Edited by S. Boniface and U. Ziemann. Cambridge University Press, 2003. Neurology (In Press), 2004.
7) Ueda Y, Triggs WJ, and Willmore LJ: Head Trauma: Hemorrhage-Iron Deposition. In: Animal Models of Epilepsy. Edited by Pitkanen, Schwartzkroin, and Moshe. Elsevier, Inc., pp. 495-500, 2005.
8) Willmore LJ, Ueda Y, and Triggs WJ: Traumatic hemorrhage and iron-induced epileptogenesis. In: Encyclopedia of Basic Epilepsy Research. Edited by P.A. Schwartzkroin. Oxford: Academic Press, pp. 1238-1242, 2009.
9) Salardini A and Triggs WJ: Neuromuscular Disorders in the ICU. In: Textbook of Neurointensive Care. Edited by Gabrielli, Layon and Friedman. (In Press), 2012.