Dr. Deniz Kirac received her MSc and PhD degrees from Department of Biochemistry and Department of Medical Biology and Genetics in Medical School of Marmara University in the years 2004 and 2009, respectively. Between the years of 2001-2004 she worked at the Department of Biochemistry in Medical School of Marmara University as MSc student also as a research volunteer. Then between the years 2004-2010 she worked at the Department of Biochemistry in Medical School of Yeditepe University as a research assistant. At the same years between 2004-2009 she also worked as a PhD student and between 2009-2010 as a postdoctorial scientist at Department of Medical Genetics in the hospital of Marmara University. Currently she is an Assistant Professor at the Department of Medical Biology in Medical School of Yeditepe University, Turkey.
Cardiovascular genetics; Cancer genetics; Congenital adrenal hyperlasia; Obesity; Pharmacogenetics.
1. D.Kirac, I.Ozden, A.Yildirim, E.Genc. Effect of high-fat intake on motor activity, homovanilic acid and 5-hydroxyindoleacetic acid levels in striatum and cortex of rats exposed to stress. Nutritional Neuroscience. 12(2): 89-94, 2009
2. D.Kirac, K.Ulucan, T.Akcay. Oral insulin production will be expected from chemical industry. Chemistry and Industry Journal (Turkish). 43(231):37-40, 2010
3. G.Koc, K.Ulucan, D.Kirac, D.Sevinc, T.Tarcan, A.I.Guney. Molecular and cytogenetic evaluation of y chromosome in spontaneous abortion cases. Journal of Cell and Molecular Biology. 7(2) & 8(1): 45-52, 2010
4. M.Agirbasli, A.I.Guney , H.S.Ozturhan, D. Agirbasli , K.Ulucan, D.Sevinc, D.Kirac, K.K. Ryckman, S.M.Williams. Multifactor dimensionality reduction analysis of MTHFR, PAI-1, ACE, PON1 and ENOS gene polymorphisms in patients with early onset coronary artery disease. European Journal of Cardiovascular Prevention and Rehabilitation. 2011 Dec;18(6):803-9. Epub 2011 Feb 22
5. A.I. Guney, D. Javadova, D. Kirac, K. Ulucan, G. Koc, D. Ergec, H. Tavukcu, T. Tarcan. Detection of Y chromosome microdeletions and mitochondrial DNA mutations in male infertility patients. Genet Mol Res. 2012 Apr 27;11(2):1039-48.
6. A.I. Guney, D.S. Ergec, H.H. Tavukcu, G. Koc, D. Kirac, K. Ulucan, D. Javadova, L. Turkeri. Detection of mitochondrial DNA mutations in nonmuscle invasive bladder cancer. Genet Test Mol Biomarkers. 2012 Jul;16(7):672-8. Epub 2012 Apr 25.
7. T. Akcay, N. TaskÄ±n, K. Ulucan, D. Kirac. Congenital hyperinsulinism and cardiomyopathy. Fetal Pediatr Pathol. 2012 Jun;31(3):190. Epub 2012 Mar 13.
8. H. Ercan, T. Isbir, D. Kirac, S. BarÄ±s, A. Ozen, S. Oztezcan, M.R. Cengizlier. Predictors of atopic dermatitis phenotypes and severity: Roles of serum immunoglobulins and filaggrin gene mutation R501X. Allergol Immunopathol (Madr). 2012 Sep 15. 41(2):86-93
9. K. Ulucan, A. Akcay., B. Ersoy, D. Kirac, T. Akcay, D. Ergec, A.I. Guney. Regional Dispersion of Non-Syndromic Cleft LipWith/without Palate Turkish Children Patients and Possible Geographical Effects .MUSBED.2(4):164-168, 2012
10. D. Kirac, Y. Negis, N.K. Ozer. Vitamin E attenuates homocysteine and cholesterol induced damage in rat aorta. Cardiovasc Pathol. 2013 Nov-Dec;22(6):465-72. doi: 10.1016/j.carpath.2013.03.007. Epub 2013 Apr 30.
11. A.I. Guney, D. Ergec, D. Kirac, H. Ozturhan, M. Caner, G. Koc, Ç. Kaspar, K. Ulucan, M. Agirbasli. Effects of ACE polymorphisms and other risk factors on the severity of coronary artery disease. Genet Mol Res. 2013 Dec 19;12(4):6895-906. doi: 10.4238/2013.December.19.8.
12. K. Ulucan, A. Akcay, B. Aksoy, M. Boyraz, D. Kirac, D. Ergeç, N. TaskÄ±n, Ö.Özcelebiler, M. Konuk, T. Akcay, A. I. Guney. Coding Regions of MSX1 do not Contribute to Non-Syndromic Cleft Lip With/Without Palate in Turkish Patients. Int J Clin Pediatr. 2014;3(1):12-15
13. K. Ulucan, A. Akcay, D. Kirac, N. TaÅŸkÄ±n, D. Ergeç,T. Akçay, M. Konuk, A. Ä°. Güney, K. E. Heath, A. Campos-Barros. Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase C677T polymorphism is associated with nonsyndromic cleft lip with or without palate in a Turkish population. SYLWAN journal. 2014, Vol. 158, Issue. 6:1-17,2014
14. D. Kirac, A. Ä°. Güney, T. Akçay, T. Güran, K. Ulucan, S. Turan, D. Ergeç, G. Koç, F. Eren, E. Ç. Kaspar, A. Bereket.The frequency and the effects of 21 hydroxylase gene defects in congenital adrenal hyperplasia patients. Ann Hum Genet. 2014 Nov;78(6):399-409. doi: 10.1111/ahg.12083. Epub 2014 Sep 17.
15. D. Kirac, A. Erdem, T. Avcilar, K. Yesilcimen, A. I. Guney, A. Emre, S. Yazici, S. Terzi, E. C. Kaspar, S. E. Cetin, T. Isbir. Investigation of genetic factors which cause stent thrombosis due to clopidogrel resistance after coronary stent placement. Cellular and Molceular Biology. Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand). 2016 Jan 19;62(1):51-5.
16. T. Avcilar, D. Kirac, D. Ergec, G. Koc, K. Ulucan, Z. Kaya, E. C. Kaspar, L.Turkeri, A. I. Guney. Investigation of the Relationship Between Mitochondrial DNA Mutations and p53 Gene Mutations in Transitional Cell Carcinama of the Bladder. Oncology Letters. Article in press