Dr. Ahmet Eroglu is a Professor of Anesthesiology and Reanimation at the Medical Faculty of Karadeniz Technical University in Trabzon, Turkey. He is also a specialist in Critical Care Medicine. He is Consultant of Critical Care Medicine and Orthopedic Anesthesia. Dr. Eroglu has numerous publications in the peer-reviewed journals. His research interests have focused on general and local anesthetics, orthopedic anesthesia and analgesia, acute pain control, postoperative analgesia, patient controlled analgesia, hazards of anesthetic gases, clinical toxicology, nutrition and critical care medicine. Dr. Eroglu serves as editor and reviewer in several journals, and he is the member of the editorial board of some journals.
His research interests have focused on general and local anesthetics, orthopedic anesthesia and analgesia, acute pain control, postoperative analgesia, patient controlled analgesia, hazards of anesthetic gases, clinical toxicology, nutrition and critical care medicine.Â
1. Eroglu A, Solak M, Ozen I, Aynaci O. Stress hormones during the wake-up test in scoliosis surgery. Journal of Clinical Anesthesia 2003;15: 15-18.
2. Eroglu A, Kucuktulu U, Erciyes N, Turgutalp H. Multiple dose-activated charcoal as a cause of acute appendicitis. Journal of Toxicology Clinical Toxicology 2003;41: 71-73.
3. Uzunlar HI, Eroglu A, Senel AC, Bostan H, Erciyes N. A patient with Glanzmannâ€™s thrombasthenia for emergent abdominal surgery. Anesthesia & Analgesia 2004;99: 1258-1260.
4. Uzunlar HI, Duman EN, Eroglu A, Topcu B, Erciyes N. A case of foot droop following combined spinal epidural anesthesia. The Internet Journal of Anesthesiology 2004 volume 8, number 1.
5. Eroglu A, Uzunlar H. Forearm compartment syndrome after intravenous mannitol extravasation in a carbosulfan poisoning patient. Journal of Toxicology Clinical Toxicology 2004;42: 649-652.
6. Eroglu A, Uzunlar H, Sener M, Akinturk Y, Erciyes N. A clinical comparison of equal concentration and volume of ropivacaine and bupivacaine for interscalene brachial plexus anesthesia and analgesia in shoulder surgery. Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine 2004;29: 539-543.
7. Uzunlar HI, Eroglu A, Bostan H. Thoracic epidural anesthesia combined with remifentanil-propofol without muscle relaxants in a myasthenic patient for abdominal surgery. The Internet Journal of Anesthesiology 2005; volume 9, number 1.
8. Eroglu A, Uzunlar H, Erciyes N. Comparison of hypotensive epidural anesthesia and hypotensive total intravenous anesthesia on intraoperative blood loss during total hip replacement. Journal of Clinical Anesthesia 2005;17: 420-425.
9. Senel AC, Akyol A, Uzunlar H, Eroglu A. Target level controlled sedation. An alternative to generate anesthesia in endovascular treatment of intracranial aneurysms. Saudi Medical Journal 2005;26: 1833-1835.
10. Eroglu A, Celep F, Erciyes N. A comparison of sister chromatid exchanges in lymphocytes of anesthesiologist to non-anesthesiologist in the same hospital. Anesthesia & Analgesia 2006;102: 1573-1577.
11. Eroglu A. A clinical comparison of patient controlled subacromial and intravenous analgesia after open acromioplasty surgery. British Journal of Anaesthesia 2006;96: 497-501.
12. Akinturk S, Eroglu A. Effect of piroxicam gel for pain control and inflammation in Nd:YAG 1064-nm laser hair removal. Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venerology 2007; 21:380-383.
13. Erturk E, Bostan H, Geze S, Saracoglu S, Erciyes N, Eroglu A. Total intravenous anesthesia for evacuation of a hydatidiform mole and termination of pregnancy in a patient with thyrotoxicosis. International Journal of Obstetric Anesthesia 2007; 16: 363-6.
14. Eroglu A, Erturk E, Bostan H. Sevoflurane anesthesia in a patient with renal transplantation. The Internet Journal of Anesthesiology 2007, volume 13 number1.
15. Eroglu A. Anesthetic management of a patient with Rotor syndrome for cerebral aneurysm clipping. Journal of Neurosurgical Anesthesia 2009; 21(1): 66-67.
16. Akinturk S, Eroglu A. A clinical comparison of topical piroxicam and EMLA cream for pain relief and inflammation in laser hair removal. Lasers in Medical Science 2009; 24(4): 535-538.
17. Erturk E, Cekic B, Geze S, Kosucu M, Coskun I, Eroglu A, Ulusoy H, Mentese A, Karahan C, Kerimoglu S. Comparison of the effect of propofol and N-acetyl cysteine in preventing ischaemia-reperfusion injury. European Journal of Anaesthesiology 2009; 26(4):279-284.
18. Eroglu A. The effect of intravenous alanyl-glutamine supplementation on plasma glutathione levels in ICU trauma patients receiving enteral nutrition: Results of a randomized controlled trial. Anesthesia & Analgesia 2009; 109(2):502-5.
19. Eroglu A. Postponing a shoulder surgery because of total spinal anesthesia after interscalene brachial plexus block British Journal of Anaesthesia 26.10.2009.
20. Erturk E, Tutuncu C, Eroglu A, Gokben M. Clinical comparison of 12 mg ropivacaine and 8 mg bupivacaine, both with 20 microg fentanyl, in spinal anaesthesia for major orthopaedic surgery in geriatric patients. Medical Principles and Practice. 2010;19(2):142-7.
21. Eroglu A, Saracoglu S, Erturk E, Kosucu M, Kerimoglu S. A comparison of intraarticular morphine and bupivacaine for pain control and outpatient status after an arthroscopic knee surgery under a low dose of spinal anaesthesia. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2010; 18(11):1487-95.
22. Eroglu A. Mask CPAP ventilation prevents cognitive deficit in a case of severe carbon monoxide poisoning. British Journal of Anaesthesia 26.04.2010.
23. AkÄ±nturk Eroglu S, Eroglu A. Malignant hyperthermia and skin lesions. British Journal of Anaesthesia 08.06.2010.
24. Eroglu A. Epidural infusion of midazolam in the management of a patient with severe tetanus. British Journal of Anaesthesia 15.12.2010.
25. Saylan S, Eroglu A. Difficult intubation due to postoperative hereditary angioedema and treatment with fresh frozen plasma. British Journal of Anaesthesia 07.03.2011.