Tingjun Chen currently holds the position of Research Scholar in the Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, University of New Mexico.He received his Ph.D. degree in Fujian Normal University, China in Zoologyï¼Neuroscience.He worked as a Associate scientist in the Department ofOphthalmology from Chinese PLA General Hospital.He has many publications in international scientific journals with high impact factor.
2. Neuroscience and Immunology.
3. Cellular Biology.
4. Molecular Biology and Pathology
1. Ma T, Chen T, Li P, Ye Z, Zhai W, Jia L, Chen W, Sun A, Huang Y, Wei S, & Li Z (2016) Heme Oxygenase-1 (HO-1) Protects Human Lens Epithelial Cells (SRA01/04) against Hydrogen Peroxide (HO)-Induced Oxidative Stress and Apoptosis. Exp Eye Res.(co-first author)
2. Kang H, Cao S, Chen T, Jiang Z, Liu Z, Li Z, Xu Q, Lin Q, Wei S. The poor recovery of neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder is associated with a lower level of CXCL12 in the human brain. J Neuroimm, 289:56-61, 2015. (co-first author)
3. Chen T, Li Z, Jiang Z, Liu Z, Xu Q, Huang D, Lin Q, Wei.S (2015) Changes of CXCL12, CXCL14 and PDGF levels in the brain of patients with idiopathic demyelinating optic neuritis and neuromyelitis opticaJournal of Neuroimmunology, 279, 1-6
4. Chen T, Cai Q, Hong Y (2006) Intrathecal sensory neuron-specific receptor agonists bovine adrenal medulla 8-22 and (Tyr6)-gamma2-MSH-6-12 inhibit formalin-evoked nociception and neuronal Fos-like immunoreactivity in the spinal cord of the rat. Neuroscience 141: 965-975.
5. Chen T, Hu Z, Quirion R, Hong Y (2008) Modulation of NMDA receptors by intrathecal administration of the sensory neuron-specific receptor agonist BAM8-22. Neuropharmacology 54: 796-803.
6. Chen T, Jiang J, Huang H, Wang D, Liu Y, et al. (2012) Role of bovine adrenal medulla 22 (BAM22) in the pathogenesis of neuropathic pain in rats with spinal nerve ligation. Eur J Pharmacol 685: 24-29.
7. Chen T, Wang D, Hong Y, Dual modulation effects of Mas-related gene (Mrg) receptors on pain sensitivity in rats. Neurosci. Let 514: 82-85
8. Cai M, Chen T, Quirion R, Hong Y (2007) The involvement of spinal bovine adrenal medulla 22-like peptide, the proenkephalin derivative, in modulation of nociceptive processing. Eur J Neurosci 26: 1128-1138.
9. Cai Q, Jiang J, Chen T, Hong Y (2007) Sensory neuron-specific receptor agonist BAM8-22 inhibits the development and expression of tolerance to morphine in rats. Behav Brain Res 178: 154-159.
10. Jiang J, Wang D, Zhou X, Huo Y, Chen T, et al. (2013) Effect of Mas-related gene (Mrg) receptors on hyperalgesia in rats with CFA-induced inflammation via direct and indirect mechanisms. Br J Pharmacol 170: 1027-1040.
11. Wang D, Chen T, Gao Y, Quirion R, Hong Y (2012) Inhibition of SNL-induced upregulation of CGRP and NPY in the spinal cord and dorsal root ganglia by the 5-HT(2A) receptor antagonist ketanserin in rats. Pharmacol Biochem Behav 101: 379-386.
12. Wang D, Chen T, Zhou X, Couture R, Hong Y (2013) Activation of Mas oncogene-related gene (Mrg) C receptors enhances morphine-induced analgesia through modulation of coupling of mu-opioid receptor to Gi-protein in rat spinal dorsal horn. Neuroscience 253: 455-464.