PhD in Toxicology, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, Iran, 2007- 2012. PhD Thesis entitled"Evaluation of Erythropoietin Effect on Cellular Neurotoxicity and Serum Parameters on Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in Rat". Score: 99.20/100 Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD), Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, Iran, 1997- 2003.
There are three major fields of research that I am interested in. The first research area is to survey in medical education. Using these techniques as medical educational tools can definitely improve clinical performances of the students. We have reported the utilizing a role playing-based method under the innovative name of “Prescomime” to mimic a prescription in pharmacology course for medical students. It was published in Iranian Journal of Medical Education. The other field of research that I am really interested in is to survey in neuro-degenerative diseases, neurotoxicity and then neuro protective cures and the mechanisms. In this field, I have done several experiments using animal and cellular models. The last experimental field is to study cancer and chemotherapy through evaluating anti-cancer activities of plants extract and their fractions, the underlying mechanisms and finally introducing a pure natural product as a new candidate for cancer chemotherapy.
1. Badieyan, Z.S., Moallem, S.A., Mehri, S., Shahsavand, S., Hadizadeh, F., 2012. Virtual Screening for Finding Novel COX-2 Inhibitors as Antitumor Agents. The open medicinal chemistry journal 6, 15-19.
2. Behmanesh, F., Ashrafzadeh, F., Varasteh, A., Shakeri, A., Shahsavand, S., 2012. Evaluation of Interleukin 1 β in febrile convulsion. Iranian Journal of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology 11, 336-339.
3. Hosseinzadeh, H., Ramezani, M., Shahsavand, S., 2006. Effect of Rosmarinus officinalis L. aerial parts extract and fractions on morphine withdrawal syndrome in mice. Journal of Medicinal Plants 5, 27-35+24.
4. Hosseinzadeh, H., Shahandeh, S., Shahsavand, S., 2012. Anxiolytic and hypnotic effects of aqueous and ethanolic extracts of aerial parts of Echium italicum L. in mice. Jundishapur Journal of Natural Pharmaceutical Products 7, 71-79.
5. Mohammadpour, A.H., Shamsara, J., Nazemi, S., Ghadirzadeh, S., Shahsavand, S., Ramezani, M., 2012. Evaluation of RANKL/OPG Serum Concentration Ratio as a New Biomarker for Coronary Artery Calcification: A Pilot Study. Thrombosis 2012, 306263.
6. Mousavi, S.H., Moallem, S.A., Mehri, S., Shahsavand, S., Nassirli, H., Malaekeh-Nikouei, B., 2011. Improvement of cytotoxic and apoptogenic properties of crocin in cancer cell lines by its nanoliposomal form. Pharmaceutical Biology 49, 1039-1045.
7. Shahsavand, S., Mohammadpour, A.H., Rezaee, R., Behravan, E., Sakhtianchi, R., Moallem, S.A., 2012. Effect of erythropoietin on serum brain-derived biomarkers after carbon monoxide poisoning in rats. Iranian Journal of Basic Medical Sciences 15, 752-758.
8. Malaekeh B., Moosavi S. H., Shahsavand S., Mehri S., Nassirli H., Moallem S. A. Assessment of cytotoxic and apoptogenic properties of safranal and nanoliposomal safranal in various cancer cell lines. Phototherapy research, (2013) Published online in Wiley Online Library (wileyonlinelibrary.com) DOI: 10.1002/ptr.4945
9. Ghafouri M., Shakeri A., Shahsavand S., Aghamohammadi M. Knowledge, Attitude, and Practice of medical team about Nosocomial Infections Control and ways to protect against them in educational hospitals of North Khorasan University of Medical Sciences, Bojnurd in 2013. Journal of North Khorasan University of Medical Sciences. 2013; 5: 959.
10. Ghafouri M, Besharati R, Lashkardoost H, Nojoomi S, Shakeri A, Shahsavand S. Prevalence of nasal carrier Staphylococcus aureus and their antibiotic resistance patterns among Health Care Working in Bojnurd Imam Reza Hospital. Journal of North Khorasan University of Medical Sciences Spring 2014; 6(1):116.
11. Vatanchian M, Delavar A, Shahsavand S., Kamali H. Teratogenic effects of aqueous extract of aerial part of Verbascum cheiranthifolium in mouse embryo. Journal of North Khorasan University. 2014; 6(4):957-967.
12. ShahsavandS., GhafouriM., tabatabaeichehrM., ShakeriA. The Effects of Utilizing an Innovative Method to Mimic a Prescription, named “Prescomime”, on Medical Students’ Learning and clinical Skills Development in Pharmacology Course. Iranian Journal of Medical Education. 2015: 14(12):1087- 1096.
13. MoallemS.A., DehghaniN., MehriS., Shahsavand S., AlibolandiM., HadizadehF. Synthesis of novel 1, 8-acridinediones derivatives: Investigation of MDR reversibility on breast cancer cell lines T47D and tamoxifen-resistant T47D. Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2015; 10(3): 214-221.
14. MoallemS. A., MohamadpourA. H., AbnousK., SankianM., SadeghniaH. R., Tsatsakis A., Shahsavand S.*. Erythropoietin in the treatment of carbon monoxide neurotoxicity in Rat. Food and Chemical Toxicology. 2015; 86: 56-64.
15. Ghorbani M., Mohamadpour A. H., Abnous Kh., Shahsavand S., Movassaghi A. R., Raouf Sarshoori J., Moallem S. A., Hashemzaei M.G-CSF Administration Attenuates Brain Injury in Rats Following Carbon Monoxide Poisoning via Different Mechanisms. Environmental Toxicology. DOI 10.1002/tox, 2015
16. Memariani T., Hosseini T., Kamali H., Ameneh M., Ghorbani M., Shakeri A., Spondidus DA., Tsatsakis A.M., and Shahsavand S.*. Evaluation of the cytotoxic effects of Cyperus longus extract, fractions and its essential oil on the PC3 and MCF7 cancer cell lines, Oncology Letters, 2015. DOI: 10.3892/ol.2015.4050.
17. Hashemzaei M., Pudine Karami S., Delaramifari A., Sheidary A., TabrizianK., Rezaee R., Shahsavand S., Letitia Arsene A., Tsatsaki A.M., Taghdisi S M. Anticancer Effect ofCo- Administration of Daunorubicin and Resveratrol in Molt-4, U266 B1 and RAJI Cell lines, Farmacia, 2016, Vol. 64, 1.
18. Ghorbani M., Moallem S. A., Mohamadpour A. H. and Shahsavand S.*. Therapeutic Potential of Hematopoietic Growth Factors for Treatment of Carbon Monoxide Neurotoxicity, Medicinal chemistry, 2016, 6:2.