Dr Muhammad Imran Malik completed his PhD in Polymer Chemistry from Karl-Franzens Universitaet, Graz, Austria in 2009. Later he joined research group of analytical polymer science of Prof Harald Pasch in department of chemistry and polymer science, Stellenbosch University, South Africa (2010-2011). In January 2012, he joined H.E.J. Research Institute of Chemistry, International Center for Chemical and Biological Sciences (ICCBS), University of Karachi as an Assistant Professor. PI won HEC overseas scholarship for PhD in Austria and Claude Leon foundation postdoctoral bursary. Dr Malik spend year 2015 in Korea working as “Postdoctoral Research Scientist” in the research group of Prof Taihyun Chang at POSTECH. He is member of The Chemical Society of Pakistan and The Polymer Society of Korea. He is also ambassador of Asian Council of Science Editors. University of Karachi awarded him with “Nishan-e-Zafar” for meritorious services for Education and Research in 2014. He was also selected to represent Pakistan in TWAS young scientist meeting at Bangalore, India in 2014. Dr Malik At position number ‘36’ in the List of Productive Scientists of Pakistan, released by Pakistan Council of Science and Technology (2016).His major research focus is characterization of complex polymers. The synthesis of various fascinating structures such as blocks, grafts, stars, dendrimers etc, microwave-assisted polymerizations, multi-dimensional characterization of complex polymers and development of structure-property correlations are the other research areas of interest. Dr. Malik has published a book entitled “Advanced Separation Techniques for Polyolefins”.He has many publications in international scientific journals with high impact factor.
1.Analytical Polymer Science.
2.HPLC of polymers.
3.Novel multidimensional techniques for polymer characterization.
4. Multidimensional liquid chromatography.
5. Coupling of liquid chromatography and spectroscopy (FTIR, MS, NMR).
6. Microwave-assisted polymerizations.
7.Synthesis of different architectures of polymers.
8. Development of structure-property correlations.
1.“Synthesis and meticulous molecular, morphological and thermal characterization of linear and star-shaped polycaprolactones” Muhammad Irfan , Joongsuk Oh , Syed Ghulam Musharraf, Muhammad Raza Shah, Shakil Ahmed, Muhammad Imran Malik European Polymer Journal, Submitted
2.“Alkylene Oxide Poylmerizations: Identification of Side Reactions and By-products” Muhammad Imran Malik*, Muhammad Irfan, Akbar Khan, Sana Rahim, Rubina Abdul- karim, Jamshed Hashim Journal of Polymer Research, Submitted SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATIONS A) BOOKS
8 3.“Field Flow Fractionation: New and Exciting Perspectives in Polymer Analysis” Muhammad Imran Malik, Harald Pasch Progress in Polymer Science, 2016 ; IN PRESS (I.F. = 34.000) DOI: http://dx.doi.org/doi:10.1016/j.progpolymsci.2016.03.004
4.“Comprehensive two-dimensional liquid chromatographic analysis of poloxamers” Muhammad Imran Malik, Sanghoon Lee , Taihyun Chang Journal of Chromatography A, 2016, 1442:33-41. (I.F. = 4.612) DOI: 10.1016/j.chroma.2016.03.008
5.“Solvent-Free Chemistry for Tetrazole synthesis from 1,8-diazabicyclo[5.4.0] undec-7-ene (DBU)-based Fluorinated Ionic Liquids, their Micellization, and Density Functional Theory Studies” Abdul Hameed, Syed Abid Ali, Ali Anus Khan , Syed Tarique Moin , Khalid Mohammed Khan , Jamshed Hashim , Fatima Zahra Basha , Muhammad Imran Malik RSC Advances, 2014, 4 (109), 64128-64137 (I.F. = 3.84) DOI: 10.1039/C4RA13393E
6.“Characterization of Poly(2-vinylpyridine)-block-poly(methyl methacrylate) Copolymers and Blends of Their Homopolymers by Liquid Chromatography at Critical Conditions” Muhammad Imran Malik, Tooba Mahboob, Shakil Ahmed Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry; 2014, 406 (25):6311-6317 (I.F. = 3.841) DOI: 10.1007/s00216-014-8075-2
7.“Novel Developments in the Multidimensional Characterization of Segmented Copolymers” Muhammad Imran Malik, Harald Pasch Progress in Polymer Science, 2014, 39, 87-123 (I.F. = 34.000) DOI: 10.1016/j.progpolymsci.2013.10.005
8.“A Rapid and Efficient CsF Catalyzed tandem Knoevenagel-Michael reaction” Khalid Mohammed Khan, Imran Khan, Shahnaz Perveen, Muhammad Imran Malik Journal of Fluorine Chemistry, 2014, 158, 1-5 (I.F. = 2.062) DOI: 10.1016/j.jfluchem.2013.11.010
9."Separation of telechelic oligomers according to architecture by liquid chromatography" Muhammad Imran Malik, Hasnat Ahmed, Bernd Trathnigg Journal of Chromatography A, 2013, 1314, 180-187 (I.F. = 4.612) DOI: 10.1016/j.chroma.2013.09.023
10.“Recent Advances in High-Temperature Fractionation of Polyolefins” Harald Pasch, Muhammad Imran Malik, Tibor Macko Advances in Polymer Science; 2013, 251, 77-140 (I.F. = 7.344) DOI: 10.1007/12_2012_167
11. “Two-dimensional liquid chromatography of Polystyrene-Polyethylene oxide block copolymers” Muhammad Imran Malik, Gareth W. Harding, Monika Elvira Grabowsky, Harald Pasch Journal of Chromatography A, 2012, 1244, 77-87 (I.F. = 4.612) DOI: 10.1016/j.chroma.2012.04.045
12.“Characterization of Polystyrene-block-Polyethylene Oxide Diblock Copolymers and Blends of Homopolymers by Liquid Chromatography at Critical Conditions (LCCC)” Pritish Sinha, Monika Grabowsky, Muhammad Imran Malik, Gareth William Harding, Harald Pasch Macromolecular Symposia; 2012, 313-314, 1, 162-169 (I.F. = 0.913) DOI: 10.1002/masy.201250318
13.“Two-dimensional liquid chromatography of PDMS-PS block Copolymers” Muhammad Imran Malik, Gareth W. Harding, Harald Pasch Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry; 2012, 403, 2, 601-611 (I.F. = 3.841) DOI: 10.1007/s00216-012-5838-5
14.“Characterization of polydimethylsiloxane-block-polystyrene (PDMS-b-PS) copolymers by liquid chromatography at critical conditions” Muhammad Imran Malik, Pritish Sinha, Gareth M. Bayley, Peter E. Mallon, Harald Pasch Macromolecular Chemistry and Physics; 2011, 212, 12, 1221–1228 (I.F. = 2.616) DOI: 10.1002/macp.201000711
15.“Liquid chromatography at critical conditions in ternary mobile phases: Gradient elution along the critical line” Bernd Trathnigg, Muhammad Imran Malik, Nicole Pircher, Stephan Hayden Journal of Separation Science; 2010, 33, 14, 2052–2059 (I.F. = 2.737) DOI: 10.1002/jssc.201000181
16.“Self-assembly and structural analysis of multiblock polyoxyalkylene copolymers” Martin Dulle, Muhammad Imran Malik, Bernd Trathnigg and Otto Glatter Macromolecules, 2010, 43, 18, 7868–7871 (I.F. = 5.927) DOI: 10.1021/ma101384r
17.“Characterization of polyoxyalkylene block copolymers by combination of different chromatographic techniques and MALDI-TOF-MS” Muhammad Imran Malik, Bernd Trathnigg and Robert Saf Analytica Chimca ACTA. 2010, 658, 2, 217-224 (I.F. = 4.711) DOI: 10.1016/j.aca.2009.11.017
18.“Characterization of ethylene oxide – propylene oxide block copolymers by combination of different chromatographic techniques and matrix-assisted laser desorption ionization time-of-flight mass spectroscopy” Muhammad Imran Malik, Bernd Trathnigg and Robert Saf Journal of Chromatography A; 2009, 1216, 38, 6627-6635 (I.F. = 4.612) DOI: 10.1016/j.chroma.2009.07.067
19.“Full separation of oligomers in block copolymers of ethylene oxide and propylene oxide” Muhammad Imran Malik, Bernd Trathnigg Journal of Separation Science; 2009, 32, 11, 1771-1781 (I.F. = 2.737) DOI: 10.1002/jssc.200900043
20. “Liquid chromatography under critical conditions (LCCC) : Practical applications in the analysis of amphiphilic block copolymers” Muhammad Imran Malik, Hasnat Ahmed and Bernd Trathnigg Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry; 2009,393, 6-7, 1797-1804 (I.F. = 3.841) DOI: 10.1007/s00216-008-2590-y 21.“Amphiphilic polymers based on higher alkylene oxides: Synthesis and characterization by different chromatographic techniques” Muhammad Imran Malik, Bernd Trathnigg, and C. Oliver Kappe Journal of Chromatography A; 2009, 1216, 7, 1167-1173 (I.F. = 4.612) DOI: 10.1016/j.chroma.2008.12.067
22. “Microwave-assisted polymerization of higher alkylene oxides” Muhammad Imran Malik, Bernd Trathnigg, and C. Oliver Kappe European Polymer Journal; 2009, 45, 3, 899-910 (I.F. = 3.245) DOI: 10.1016/j.eurpolymj.2008.11.035
23.“Monofunctional polymers in liquid adsorption chromatography:Determination of the interaction parameter in the range of weak interaction” Bernd Trathnigg, Muhammad Imran Malik, Nguyen Viet Cuong, Alexander M. Skvortsov Journal of Chromatography A; 2008, 1207, 1-2, 122-129 (I.F. = 4.612) DOI: 10.1016/j.chroma.2008.08.040
24. “Microwave assisted Synthesis and characterization of end functionalized poly(propylene oxides) as model compounds” Muhammad Imran Malik, Bernd Trathnigg, C. Oliver Kappe European Polymer Journal; 2008, 44, 1, 144-154 (I.F. = 3.245) DOI: 10.1016/j.eurpolymj.2007.10.025
25. “A database for polymer chromatography: dependence of interaction parameter on mobile phase composition” Bernd Trathnigg, Muhammad Imran Malik, Otto Jamelnik, Nguyen Viet Cuong Analytica Chimca ACTA; 2007, 604, 1, 39-44 (I.F. = 4.711) DOI: 10.1016/j.aca.2007.06.043
26. “Selectivity of PEO-block-PPO diblock copolymers in the microwave-accelerated anionic ring-opening polymerization of propylene oxide with PEG as initiator” Muhammad Imran Malik, Bernd Trathnigg, C. Oliver Kappe Macromolecular Chemistry and Physics; 2007, 208 , 23, 2569-2577 (I.F.= 2.616) *Selected as cover Page of the Issue DOI: 10.1002/macp.200700320