Dr. Wulan Deng currently holds the position of Postdoctoral Fellow in the Department of Transcription Imaging Consortium, Janelia Research Campus,Howard Hughes Medical Institute.She received his Ph.D. degree in Biology, Department of Biology, School of Arts and Science ,University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA .She has many publications in international scientific journals with high impact factor.
1. Transcription Imaging Consortium.
2.Engineering CRISPR/Cas9 for imaging genomic DNA.
3. Reactivation of fetal globin genes by forced chromatin looping.
1. Knight SC, Xie L, Deng W, Guglielmi B, Witkowsky L, Bosanac L, Zhang E, Beheiry M, Masson J, Dahan M, Liu Z, Doudna JA and Tjian R. Dynamics of CRISPR-Cas9 Genome Interrogation in Living Cells. Science, 2015 Nov 13;350(6262):823-6.
2. Deng W† (co-corresponding author), Shi X, Tjian R, Lionnet T and Singer RH†. CASFISH: CRISPR/Cas9 Mediated in situ Labeling of Genomic Loci in Fixed Cells. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 2015 Sep 22;112(38):11870-5. Epub 2015 Aug 31.
3. Deng W, Blobel GA. Detecting long-range enhancer-promoter interactions by quantitative chromosome conformation capture. Methods in Molecular Biology. 2016 (invited book chapter, in preparation).
4. Deng W*, Rupon JW*, Krivega I, Breda L, Motta I, Jahn KS, Reik A, Gregory PD, Rivella S, Dean A, Blobel GA. Reactivation of developmentally silenced globin genes by forced chromatin looping. Cell, 2014 Aug 14;158(4):849-60. (*co-first author)
5. Deng W, Blobel GA. Manipulating nuclear architecture. Curr Opin Genet Dev. 2014 Apr;25:1-7. Epub 2013 Dec 12. Review.
6. Mouse ENCODE Consortium et al. An encyclopedia of mouse DNA elements (Mouse ENCODE). Genome Biol. 2012 Aug 13;13(8):418.
7. Deng W, Lee J, Wang H, Miller J, Reik A, Gregory PD, Dean A and Blobel GA. Controlling long range genomic interactions at a native locus by targeted tethering of a looping factor. Cell, 2012 Jun 8;149(6):1233-44.
(Featured by Cell PaperFlick http://www.cell.com/abstract/S0092-8674(12)00588-0) 8. Lamonica JM, Deng W, Kadauke S, Campbell AE, Gamsjaeger R, Wang H, Cheng Y, Billin AN, Hardison RC, Mackay JP, Blobel GA. Bromodomain protein Brd3 associates with acetylated GATA1 to promote its chromatin occupancy at erythroid target genes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011 May 31;108(22):E159-68.
9. Deng W, Blobel GA. Do chromatin loops provide epigenetic gene expression states? Curr Opin Genet Dev. 2010 Oct;20(5):548-54. Epub 2010 Jul 1. Review.
10. Cheng Y, Wu W, Kumar SA, Yu D, Deng W, Tripic T, King DC, Chen KB, Zhang Y, Drautz D, Giardine B, Schuster SC, Miller W, Chiaromonte F, Zhang Y, Blobel GA, Weiss MJ, Hardison RC. Erythroid GATA1 function revealed by genome-wide analysis of transcription factor occupancy, histone modifications, and mRNA expression. Genome Res. 2009 Dec;19(12):2172-84.
11. Tripic T*, Deng W* (*co-first author), Cheng Y, Zhang Y, Vakoc CR, Gregory GD, Hardison RC, Blobel GA. SCL and associated proteins distinguish active from repressive GATA transcription factor complexes. Blood. 2009 Mar 5;113(10):2191-201.
12. Zhou F, Pu Y, Wei T, Liu H, Deng W, Wei C, Ding B, Omura T, Li Y. The P2 capsid protein of the nonenveloped rice dwarf phytoreovirus induces membrane fusion in insect host cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008 Jan 29;105(4):1386.
13. Zhou F, Wu G, Deng W, Pu Y, Wei C, Li Y. Interaction of rice dwarf virus outer capsid P8 protein with rice glycolate oxidase mediates relocalization of P8. FEBS Lett. 2007 Jan 9;581(1):34-40.