Prof.SungCheal Moon Editorial board member for Journal of Medicinal Chemistry & Toxicology Industrial Technology Support Division, Korea Institute of Materials Science, Republic of Korea,Bioenvironmental and Chemical Engineering Department, Chosun College University of Science & Technology, Republic of Korea
Education:Dr.Moon completed hisPh.D (polymer engineering and science) from Chosun University. Experience:He has vast experience in different areas of polymer engineering, to name a few: Multi-functional (nano)fiber, Polymer (nano)composites, Flame resistant materials, Energy absorbing materials, Foams, Carbon fiber and Carbon composites, etc. Publication:Since 2002, 31 papers published in Korean national and international peer-reviewed journals like Nature Nanotechnology, Carbon, Polymer, JAPS, PES, PC, etcand from different journals from Elsevier, Wiley InterScience, The Royal Society of Chemistry, etc. Patents:He had 5 international and 15Korean patents. Awards:Dr. Moon won coveted ‘President’s Award of Institute, KRF Fund Award, etc. International collaboration:Dr. Moon also played instrumental role in different prestigious internal collaborative research project with USA, Germany, etc. Editorial Experience:He is chief editor and editorial board member of International Journals.
Energy absorbing materials
Flame resistant materials
Carbon fiber and Carbon composites
1. W prof. kim
2. S. C. Moon, B Oh, and D. C. Lagoudas, Effect of thermal shock on damage in cryogenic composite laminates, Structural Engineering and Mechanics, Submitted, 2013.01
3. S. C. Moon JR. Kim, and B. Oh, Mechanical and flame resistance properties of polycarbonate-carbon nanotube-ochre composites, Polymer Engineering & Science Science (ISSN 0032-3888, Wiley InterScience, SCI/IF 1.441),54, 6, pp1289-1299, 2014.06.01 (Published online, 2013.07.10).
4. S. C. Moon and J. L. Lee, Electrospun poly(ethylene oxide)/hydrated iron oxide/sodium alginate composite nanofibers with multi-functional properties, Polymer Engineering & Science (ISSN 0032-3888, Wiley InterScience, SCI/IF 1.302), 53, 6, pp1321-1326, 2013.06 (Published online, 2012.12.18).
5. S. C. Moon, B. Oh, and D. C. Lagoudas, Mechanical Characterization in Laminated Composite for Cryogenic Application, Polymer Composites (ISSN 0272-8397, Wiley InterScience, SCI/IF 1.231), 34, 5, pp607-615, 2013.05 (Published online, 2013.03.08)
6. S. C. Moon, B. Oh, and D. C. Lagoudas, Effect of Insulation Layer for thermal shock in Cryogenic Composite Laminates, Polymer Composites (ISSN 0272-8397, Wiley InterScience, SCI/IF 1.231), 34, 4, pp531-536, 2013.04. (Published online, 2013.03.08).
7. S. C. Moon and T. Emrick, High flame resistant and strong electrospun polyacrylonitrile–carbon nanotubes–ochre nanofibers, Polymer (ISSN 0032-3861, Elsevier, SCI/IF 3.438), 54, 7, pp1813-1819, 2013.03 (Published online, 2013.03.06)
8. J. H. Lee, J. H. Nam, J. H. Lim, S. C. Moon, K. Y. Kim, K. M. Kim, Fabrication of Hybrid Nanocomposites of Poly(acrylic acid)-Grafted MWNTs and Spherical Aggregates of Palladium Nanoparticles with POSS, Composite Interfaces (ISSN 0927-6440, Taylor & Francis Group, SCI/IF 0.628), 19, 9, pp583-592, 2013.02 (open access, 2012. 12. 29)
9. K. Kratz, A. Narasimhan, R. Tangirala, S. C. Moon, R. Revanur, S. Kundu, H. S. Kim, A. J. Crosby, T. P. Russell, T. Emrick, G. Kolmakow, and A. Balazs, Probing and repairing damaged surfaces with nanoparticle-containing microcapsules, Nature Nanotechnology (ISSN 1748-3387, Nature Publishing Group, SCI/IF 31.170), 7, pp87-90, 2012.02. (Published online, 2012.01.10).
10. S. C. Moon, J. K. Choi, and R. J. Farris, Electrospinning of Polyacrylonitrile (PAN) solutions using sodiumthiocyanate/dimethylformamide, Polymer Engineering & Science (ISSN 0032-3888, Wiley InterScience, SCI/IF 1.302), 51, 6, pp1122-1129, 2011.06. (Published online, 2009.03.28).
11. SJ Park, S. C. Moon, D Chen, R. J. Farris, and T. P. Russell, Preparation of 1 inch Gold Nanowires from PS-b-P4VP block Copolymers, Journal of Materials Chemistry, 20, pp1198-1202, 2010.01. (First published on the web, Dec. 15, 2009, DOI:10.1039/b920842a)
12. S. C. Moon, B. W Jo, and R. J. Farris, Flame Resistance and Foaming Properties of NBR Compounds with Halogen-Free Flame Retardants, Polymer Composites, 30, 12, pp1732-1742, 2009.12. (Published online, 2009.02.03).
13. S. C. Moon and R. J. Farris, Strong electrospun nanometer-diameter polyacrylonitrile carbon fiber yarns, Carbon, 47, 12, pp2829-2839, 2009.10. (Published online 2009.08.03.)
14. S. C. Moon and R. J. Farris, Electrospinning of Heated Gelatin-Sodium Alginate-Water Solutions, Polymer Engineering & Science, 49, 8, pp1616-1620, 2009.08. (Published online 2009.05.29).
15. S. C. Moon, B. Y. Ryu, J. K. Choi, B. W. Jo, and R. J. Farris, The morphology and mechanical properties of sodium alginate based electrospun poly(ethylene oxide) nanofibers, Polymer Engineering & Science, 49, 1, pp52-59, 2009.01. (Published online 2008.10.22).