He is a key stuff of the Key Laboratory of Detection for Biotoxins, Ministry of Agriculture P. R. China. He was a visiting scholar of Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. His research area includes the development of novel biosensors (or lab-on-a-chip) based on nanostructured materials (as Eu3+, quantum dot, etc.) for the analysis of major chemical contaminants (as biotoxin, pesticide, etc.) in food and feed. He is also developing novel microreaders for rapid and on-site sensing of multi-biotoxin/pesticide and so on.
He led or participated in quite a few national research programs, such as National Natural Science Foundation, and achieved several national level awards about agro-food quality and safety. He won the National High-level Personnel of Special Support Program (Youth).
Agro-food quality and safety, Lab-on-a chip
1. Zhang, Z.*; Wang, D.; Li, J.; Zhang, Q.; Li, P. Monoclonal antibody-europium conjugate-based lateral flow time-resolved fluoroimmunoassay for quantitative determination of T-2 toxin in cereals and feed. Analytical Methods 2015, 7, 2822-2829.
2. Zhang, Z.*; Tang, X.; Wang, D.; Zhang, Q.; Li, P.; Ding, X. Rapid On-Site Sensing Aflatoxin B-1 in Food and Feed via a Chromatographic Time-Resolved Fluoroimmunoassay. Plos One 2015, 10.
3. Tang, X.; Zhang, Z.*; Li, P.; Zhang, Q.; Jiang, J.; Wang, D.; Lei, J. Sample-pretreatment-free based high sensitive determination of aflatoxin M-1 in raw milk using a time-resolved fluorescent competitive immunochromatographic assay. Rsc Advances 2015, 5, 558-564.
4. Ou, G.; Hu, R.; Zhang, L.; Li, P.; Luo, X.; Zhang, Z.* Advanced detection methods for traceability of origin and authenticity of olive oils. Analytical Methods 2015, 7, 5731-5739.
5. Zhang, Z.*; Yu, L.; Xu, L.; Hu, X.; Li, P.; Zhang, Q.; Ding, X.; Feng, X. Biotoxin sensing in food and environment via microchip. Electrophoresis 2014, 35, 1547-1559.
6. Zhang, Z.*; Li, Y.; Li, P.; Zhang, Q.; Zhang, W.; Hu, X.; Ding, X. Monoclonal antibody-quantum dots CdTe conjugate-based fluoroimmunoassay for the determination of aflatoxin B-1 in peanuts. Food Chemistry 2014, 146, 314-319.
7. Tang, X.; Li, X.; Li, P.; Zhang, Q.; Li, R.; Zhang, W.; Ding, X.; Lei, J.; Zhang, Z. Development and Application of an Immunoaffinity Column Enzyme Immunoassay for Mycotoxin Zearalenone in Complicated Samples. Plos One 2014, 9.
8. Li, X.; Lei, J.; Li, P.; Zhang, Q.; Zhang, L.; Zhang, W.; Zhang, Z. Specific antibody-induced fluorescence quenching for the development of a directly applicable and label-free immunoassay. Analytical Methods 2014, 6, 5454-5458.
9. Li, M.; Li, P.; Wu, H.; Zhang, Q.; Ma, F.; Zhang, Z.; Ding, X.; Wang, H. An Ultra-Sensitive Monoclonal Antibody-Based Competitive Enzyme Immunoassay for Sterigmatocystin in Cereal and Oil Products. Plos One 2014, 9.
10. Lei, J.; Li, P.; Zhang, Q.; Wang, Y.; Zhang, Z.; Ding, X.; Zang, W. Anti-Idiotypic Nanobody-Phage Based Real-Time Immuno-PCR for Detection of Hepatocarcinogen Aflatoxin in Grains and Feedstuffs. Analytical Chemistry 2014, 86, 10841-10846.
11. He, T.; Wang, Y.; Li, P.; Zhang, Q.; Lei, J.; Zhang, Z.; Ding, X.; Zhou, H.; Zhang, W. Nanobody-Based Enzyme Immunoassay for Aflatoxin in Agro-Products with High Tolerance to Cosolvent Methanol. Analytical Chemistry 2014, 86, 8873-8880.
12. Zhang, Z.; Feng, X.; Xu, F.; Hu, X.; Li, P.; Liu, B.-F. An improved surface modification of poly(dimethylsiloxane) via a green chemistry approach for on-chip biomolecular separation. Analytical Methods 2013, 5, 4694-4700.
13. Li, X.; Zhang, Z.; Li, P.; Zhang, Q.; Zhang, W.; Ding, X. Determination for major chemical contaminants in tea (Camellia sinensis) matrices: A review. Food Research International 2013, 53, 649-658.
14. Li, X.; Li, P.; Zhang, Q.; Zhang, Z.; Li, R.; Zhang, W.; Ding, X.; Chen, X.; Tang, X. A Sensitive Immunoaffinity Column-Linked Indirect Competitive ELISA for Ochratoxin A in Cereal and Oil Products Based on a New Monoclonal Antibody. Food Analytical Methods 2013, 6, 1433-1440.
15. Li, X.; Li, P.; Zhang, Q.; Li, R.; Zhang, W.; Zhang, Z.; Ding, X.; Tang, X. Multi-component immunochromatographic assay for simultaneous detection of aflatoxin B-1, ochratoxin A and zearalenone in agro-food. Biosensors & Bioelectronics 2013, 49, 426-432.
16. Li, P.; Zhang, Z.*; Hu, X.; Zhang, Q. Advanced Hyphenated Chromatographic-Mass Spectrometry in Mycotoxin Determination: Current Status and Prospects. Mass Spectrometry Reviews 2013, 32, 420-452.
17. Hu, W.; Li, X.; He, G.; Zhang, Z.; Zheng, X.; Li, P.; Li, C. M. Sensitive competitive immunoassay of multiple mycotoxins with non-fouling antigen microarray. Biosensors & Bioelectronics 2013, 50, 338-344.
18. Zhang, Z.; Li, P.; Hu, X.; Zhang, Q.; Ding, X.; Zhang, W. Microarray Technology for Major Chemical Contaminants Analysis in Food: Current Status and Prospects. Sensors 2012, 12, 9234-9252.
19. Li, P.; Zhang, Z.; Zhang, Q.; Zhang, N.; Zhang, W.; Ding, X.; Li, R. Current development of microfluidic immunosensing approaches for mycotoxin detection via capillary electromigration and lateral flow technology. Electrophoresis 2012, 33, 2253-2265.
20. Zhang, Z.; Feng, X.; Xu, F.; Liu, X.; Liu, B.-F. "Click" chemistry-based surface modification of poly(dimethylsiloxane) for protein separation in a microfluidic chip. Electrophoresis 2010, 31, 3129-3136.
21. Zhang, Z.; Feng, X.; Luo, Q.; Liu, B.-F. Environmentally friendly surface modification of PDMS using PEG polymer brush. Electrophoresis 2009, 30, 3174-3180.