DR. ARUN KUMAR, Ph.D.
E-mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact no: - +91-7200710297, +91-8690656360
C/O Shri Lal Babu Sah, Father’s Name : Late Dwarika Prasad Sah
Ramdayalu Nagar (Hajipur Road) DOB : 02-11-1985
Muzaffarpur, Bihar - 842002 Sex : Male
Marital status : Married
Nationality : Indian
Passport No. : N0550592
Category : OBC
Language known : Hindi, English
To work with zest and zeal and to associate it with a challenging career that would enable me to prove my endeavor, innovative ideas this will be complementary to the future development of the organization.
Working as a Fellow (VARD-Herbal Human Health) in National Innovation Foundation (NIF)-India, Autonomous Body of Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, New Delhi, from February, 2016 to till date.
DOCTOR OF PHILOSPHY : Ph.D in Marine Biotechnology (2010-2015),
Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu, INDIA.
POST GRADUATION : 7.0 CGPA, M.Sc., Marine Biotechnology (2008-2010)
Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu, INDIA
UNDER GRADUATION : 64.7%, B.Sc (Hons), Biotechnology (2002-2007)
B.R. Ambdekar Bihar University, Bihar, INDIA.
Post-Graduation Diploma of Computer Application : 76.0%, A.C.E, Balasore, Orissa, INDIA.
Ph.D. Project Topic: Evaluation of abiotic stress tolerance factors in the halophyte Sesuvium portulacastrum L. through physiological, phytochemical and proteomics approaches
M.Sc. Project Topic: Protease from Alcaligenes faecalis Isolated from Seafood Industrial Effluent and its Activity against Fish Pathogens.
B.Sc. Project Topic: “Development of protocol for efficient clonal propagation of Boerhaavia diffusa L. through in vitro culture of different explants
AREA OF INTEREST
Genomics, Molecular Biology, Proteomics, Immunology, Microbiology, Enzymology, Natural Metabolomics
Worked as a Senior Research Fellow in research project on “Programme Support on identification, isolation and characterization of stress tolerance genes and proteins from Halophytes through genomics and proteomics approaches” sanctioned by Department of Biotechnology, Government of India, New Delhi, from Dec. 2011 to Oct. 2013.
Work experience on “Metagenomic Study of Marine Puffer Fish and Production of Active Peptides against the Development of Cancer Therapeutics”, from Nov. 2010 to Oct. 2011.
1. Akshaya Murugesan, Arun Kumar, Anbarasi Gunasekar, Indhumathi Arumugam, Kaarunya Eswaran, Balasubramanian Thangavel, Somasundaram Thirugnanasambandan (2016). “Hsp70 and Theta Subunit of T Complex Protein, a Response to Salt Stress in the Halophyte Sesuvium Portulacastrum” J Bioinfo Proteomics Rev, 2 (2), 1 -9
2. Kumar Arun, Kumari Pingal and S Thirugnanasambandan Somasundaram (2016). “Phenolic composition, Antioxidant activity and FT-IR Spectroscopic Analysis of Halophyte Sesuvium portulacastrum L. extract” Int Research Journal of Biological Sciences, 5(1), 1-13
3. Pingal Kumari, Arun Kumar, S. Thirugnanasambandan Somasundaram (2015). "Identification of genes/ enzymes responsible for antibiotic resistance in Vibrio alginolyticus strain PTS13" Int J Curr Pharm Res, 7(1), 76-83
8. Pingal Kumari, Arun Kumar, S. Thirugnanasambandan Somasundaram (2014). “Identification of Multidrug Resistant Stenotrophomonas maltophilia Strain from Vellar Estuary Sediment, Tamil Nadu”. American Journal of Pharmacy & Health Research , 2(8), 294-303
9. Ashwinikumar, P. Soundarapandian, K. Jagan, P. Anatharaman, D. Kannan, Sanjeev kumar and P. Thirunavukkarasu, Arun kumar (2014). Associated Fauna in Cultured Seaweed Kappaphycus alvarezii of Vellar Estuary (South East Coast of India). International Journal of Research in Marine Sciences, 3(2): 37-43
1. Arun Kumar, M. Sivagama Sundari and S.T. Somasundaram, (2013). “Economic potential of Coastal Halophytes”. Special Publication, Prof. K.Kathiresan and Prof. S. Ajamal Khan, Editors of ENVIS Publication. ISBN No. 978-93-80128-10-8; (1) 45-50
NUCLEOTIDE SEQUENCES SUBMITTED IN NCBI GENBANK (#373)
Accession nos. -HM145896; KC462187; KF443081; KJ690939; KM192138-KM192151; KM251451-KM251459; KM261679-KM261750; KM268394-KM268450; KM387319; KM387320; KM495597-KM495696; KM 505049-KM505124; KM514376-KM514416; KP116294- KP116297; KM495597-KM495696
SHORT SEQUENCE ARCHIVE
Ø Rhizosphere Metagenomes - Accession Numbers (SRS735121 and SRS735123)
FACULTY OF MARINE SCIENCES