Central University of Haryana Mahendragarh
Dr. Sanjay Kumar was born in Delhi, India, in 1977. He received BS degree from Delhi University, India in 2000; MS in Biochemistry from Hamdard University, New Delhi in 2003. He received his PhD. degree in Cancer Biology (Biochemistry) from premier institute in Asia, All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi, India in 2010 on thesis titled “Role of Tumor Suppressor gene in Brain Cancer(Gliomas). In 2011, he joined at University of Cincinnati, Ohio for his Post Doctorate training and in 2014 he moved to University of Central Florida, Orlandoworking on stem cell therapy for cardiovascular diseases as scientist. After gaining many prestigious achievements like all India top rank in GATE, NET,CSIR-JRF,SPM, scientific officer in Bhabha Atomic Research Centre,American Heart Association member and editorial board member of numerous journals he joined at central University of Haryana as Assistant professor and Head of the department. His current research interest and specialization include Stem cell therapy to cardiovascular disease and Cancer Signaling. He proved his administrative abilities by fulfilling the role of a Member in college amendment committee and chairmanof SYS(Society of Young Scientists) at AIIMS, Delhi. He was the co-chairman of an international conference on the subject “Nanotechnology in medicine”in 2007, held in New Delhi and was the president of another international conference on “Immunity to infection”in 2007. Dr.Sanjay is a good coordinator, administrator, research guide and a former national level athlete.
1) Sanjay Kumar and Muhammad Ashraf. Tadalafil, a Phosphodiesterase Inhibitor Protects Stem Cells over Longer Period against Ischemic-Reperfusion Injury through STAT3/PKG-I Signaling. Stem Cells Dev. 2015; 24(11):1332-41. [PMID: 25602782]
2) Sanjay Kumar and Meenal Vaidya. Hypoxia Inhibits Mescenchymal Stem Cell Proliferation through HIF1α Dependent Regulation of P27. Mol Cell Biochem 2016; 415(1-2):29-38. DOI 10.1007/s11010-016-2674-5 [PMID: 26920732]
3) Sanjay kumar. Stem Cell Therapy for Cardiovascular Diseases and its major setback. Intervention Cardiology Journal (Editorial).
4) Sanjay Kumar, Motoi Okada, Dehua Chang, Ibrahim Elmadbouh, Muhammad Ashraf. Heart specific conditional STAT3 knockout abolish cardioprotection against ischemic reperfusion injury upon Tadalafil Treatment, a Phosphodiesterase Inhibitor. (Manuscript Completed)
5) Sanjay Kumar. P53 Induction Accompanying G2/M Arrest upon Knockdown of Tumor Suppressor HIC1 in U87MG Glioma cells. Mol Cell Biochem. 2014 ;395(1-2):281-90. [PMID: 24992983]
6) Sanjay Kumar. Molecular Cloning and Expression of High GC rich Novel Tumor Suppressor Gene HIC-1.Mol Biotechnol. 2014 ;56(11):1040-8. [PMID: 25001210]
7) Sanjay Kumar. P53 and HICI in Brain Cancer Gliomas. Journal of Headache and pain Management (Editorial).
8) Nidhi Kapoor, Jianli Niu, Yasser Saad, Sanjay Kumar, Tatiana Sirakova, Edilu Becerra, Xioman Li, and Pappachan E. Kolattukudy. MCPIP implements STAT6/KLF4 mediated IL-4 induction of macrophage polarization via its dual catalytic activities. J Immunol. 2015; 194(12):6011-23 [PMID: 25934862]
9) Vallabhapurapu SD, Noothi SK, Pullum DA, Lawrie CH, Pallapati R, Potluri V, Kuntzen C, Khan S, Plas DR, Orlowski RZ, Chesi M, Kuehl WM, Bergsagel PL, Karin M, Vallabhapurapu S. Transcriptional repression by the HDAC4-RelB-p52 complex regulates multiple myeloma survival and growth. Nature Commun. 2015;6:8428.
10) Nazima Nisar, Randeep Guleria, Sanjay Kumar, Tirlok Chand Chawla, Nihar Ranjan Biswas. Mycoplasma pnemoniae and its role in asthma. Postgrad Med J. 2007; 83(976):100-4. [PMID: 17308212]
11) Sanjay Kumar and Muhammad Ashraf. Heart specific conditional STAT3 knockout abolish cardioprotection against ischemic reperfusion injury upon Tadalafil Treatment, a Phosphodiesterase Inhibitor. Circulation 2012; 126: A16938. (Accepted AHA abstract 2012, Los Angeles, California, US)
12) Sanjay Kumar and Muhammad Ashraf. A Novel Phosphorylating Mechanism of STAT3 in Protection against Ischemia/reperfusion by Pharmacological Preconditioning with Tadalafil, a PDE Inhibitor. Circulation 2013; 128: A9244 (Accepted AHA abstract 2013, Dallas, Texas, US).
13) Sanjay Kumar, Muhammad Ashraf, Khawaja Husnain Haider. Hypoxamir-210: A key regulator of stem cell proliferation under hypoxia. Cardiovascular Centre of Excellence, University of Cincinnati, Ohio, US 14) Nazima Nisar, Randeep Guleria, Sanjay Kumar, Tirlok C. Chawla, Niranjan Nayak, Arvind K. Singh, and Nihar R. Biswas, Sero-prevalence of Mycoplasma pneumoniae in asthmatics: Correlation with Interleukin-5 levels. Chest 2006
AWARDS and HONOURS
GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering): Qualified (99.7 percentile, All India top ranker)
NET (National Eligibility Test): Qualified
CSIR JRF (Council of Scientific and Industrial Research Fellowship): qualified
SPM (Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Fellowship): Qualified
BARC (Bhabha Atomic Research Centre): Qualified scientific officer
Chairman: Society of Young Scientists (SYS), AIIMS, Delhi
American Heart Association (AHA) Member
Board of Studies member at Central University of Haryana
Board Member of Deen Dayal Upadhayay Kausal Kendra (Government of India) for Bachelor of Vocational studies.