Fulya Ustun Alkan is working as a Research Asistant in Istanbul University at the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology and has 15 years of experience in the field of Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology. She has received her PhD from Istanbul University Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology speciliazing in Genotoxicity. She has published several original and Review articles relating to different fields of toxicology, especially focusing on Veterinary oncology. Her main research interests are related to cancer therapy and Medicinal plants. She has attended many international meetings, conferences, symposia to present her research results. She is a member of Turkish Pharmacology Society. Also, she is serving as an associate Editor and reviewer of several journals in field of oncology, ethnopharmacology, microbiology.
1. Zarei O., Benvenuti S., Üstün Alkan F., Hamzeh-Mivehroud M., Dastmalchi S., "Strategies of targeting the extracellular domain of RON tyrosine kinase receptor for cancer therapy and drug delivery", Journal of Cancer Research and Clinical Oncology, in press, 2016.
2. Bakirel T., Üstün Alkan F., Üstüner O., Çinar S., Yildirim F., Erten G., et al.,"Synergistic growth inhibitoryeffect of deracoxib with doxorubicin against a canine mammary tumor cell line, CMT-U27", Journal of Veterinary Medical Science, no.4, pp.657-668, 2016.
3. Akyol Ç., Ä°nce O., ÇetecioÄŸlu Z., Üstün Alkan F., Ä°nce B., "The fate of oxytetracycline in two-phase and single-phase anaerobic cattle manure digesters and its effects on microbial communities", Journal of Chemical Technology and Biotechnology, vol.91, pp.806-814, 2016.
4. Üstün Alkan F., Bakirel T., Üstüner O., Yardibi H., "In vitro effects of doxorubicin and deracoxib on oxidative-stress related parameters in canine mammary carcinoma cells", Acta Veterinaria Hungarica, vol.62, no.3, pp.372-385, 2014.
5. Üstün Alkan F., AnlaÅŸ F.C., Çinar S., Yildirim F., Üstüner O., Bakirel T., et al., "Effects of curcumin in combination with cyclophosphamide on canine mammary tumour cell lines", Veterinarni Medicina, vol.59, pp.553-572, 2014.
6. BekdeÅŸer B., Özyürek M., Güçlü K., Üstün Alkan F., Apak R. , "Development of a new catalase activity assay for biological samples using optical CUPRAC sensor", Spectrochimica Acta Part A-Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy, vol.132, pp.485-490, 2014.
7. Üstün Alkan F., Üstüner O., Bakirel T., Çinar S., Erten G., Deniz G., "The Effects of Piroxicam and Deracoxib on Canine Mammary Tumour Cell Line", The Scientific World Journal, 2012.
8. Üstün Alkan F., Esen Gürsel F., AteÅŸ A., Özyürek M., Güçlü K., Altun M. , "Protective eff ects of Salvia officinalis extract against cyclophosphamide-induced genotoxicity and oxidative stress in rats", Turkish Journal of Veterinary & Animal Sciences, vol.36, pp.646-654, 2012.
9. Üstün Alkan F., Åžener S. , "Lack Of The Antimutagenic Effect Of Ascorbic Acid On The Genotoxicity Of Albendazole In Mouse Bone Marrow Cells", The Bulletin of the Veterinary Institute in Pulawy, pp.493-497, 2009.
10. T. BakÄ±rel, O. Ustuner, F. Ustun Alkan, S. Adin Cinar. The effects of a selective cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor on canine mammary carcinoma cell line. 21. Meeting of the European Association for Cancer Research. EJC Supplements Volume 8 (5), June 2010.