American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine, Distinguished Service Award Committee member January 2007-2008 California Society of Anesthesiologists, Alternative Delegate, 2005- 2011 California Society of Anesthesiologists, Delegate, 2012- present CSA Credentialing Committee member May 2009 International Anesthesia Research society Biophysical society 2009- Present American Heart Association 2010-present
IV Acetaminophen, Multicenter study, Co-investigator, Study Aborted
Methylnaltrexone study, Multicenter study, Co-investigator, (Completed)
Vasospasm, A new treatment, in association with department of Neurosurgery
Superior Cervical Ganglion Anatomy, a new approach to SCG Block, in association with
Department of anatomy Dr. Jonathan Wisco. (Study completed)
Cardiac Post-condition in mouse Langendorff system, introduction of a new agent, in
association with division of Molecular Biology, Dr Mansoureh Eghbali.
Cardiac Post-condition in-vivo rat model with Intralipid in association with division of
Molecular Biology, Dr Mansoureh Eghbali (completed)
Study the mechanism of intralipid cardiac protection during reperfusion by measuring
activation of RISK pathway with Western blot test and looking at mPTP opening by
calcium retentoin capacity test (completed)
Effect of Intralipid in prevention and treatment of monocrotaline induced pulmonary
hypertension in an invivo rat model (Completed)
Cardiac protection of intralipid in late pregnant mice compare to non-pregnant mice in a
Langendorff system (Completed)
Local Anesthetic Toxicity and Intralipid rescue; Study the mechanism of Intralipid rescue
by using Fatty acid oxidation blocker, CVT-4325, in an in-vivo rat model (completed)
1. Farhadi A., Parhizgar A., Rahman S. & Haghshenas M. (1999). Tuberculosis: The Most Common Cause of Fever of Undetermined Origin in Shiraz. Archive of Iranian Medicine. Vol 2: number 4.
2. Rahman S. Li J., Bopassa J.C., Umar S., Iorga A., Partownavid P. & Eghbali M. Phosphorylation of GSK-3b mediates Intralipid-induced cardioprotection against Ischemia/Reperfusion injury. Anesthesiology. 2011 Jun 17. Accompanied by an editorial view and news release.
3. Wisco J.J., Stark M.E., Safir I., Rahman S. A heat map of superior cervical ganglion location relative to the common carotid artery bifurcation in males and females. Anesthesia & Analgesia Journal 2012 Feb;114(2):462-5
4. Li J., Bopassa J.C., Iorga A., Nadadur R.D, Rahman S. & Eghbali M. Intralipid, a clinically safe compound, protects the heart against ischemia-reperfusion injury more efficiently than cyclosporine-A. Anesthesiology. 2012 Oct;117(4):836-46.
5. Partownavid P., Umar S., Li J., Rahman S., Eghbali M. Fatty Acid Oxidation and Calcium Homeostasis are Involved in the Rescue of Bupivacaine Induced Cardiotoxicity by Lipid Emulsion in Rats. Critical Care Medicine.2012;40(8): 2431-7.PMID: 22647409. Accompanied by an editorial review
6. Rahman S. (2010). Epidural Morphine,"The Essence of Analgesia and Analgesics",edited by Sinatra R., Jahr J., Russell D., Editorial Director, Cambridge Press. Page 181-184.
7. Rahman S., Partownavid P. (2011). Regional Anesthesia for Chronic Disease States. ” Essentials of Regional Anesthesia”, edited by Kaye A.D., Urman R.D., Vadivelu N. Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, Page 541-556.
8. Rahman S., (2012). Opioids.” Miller’s Anesthesia Review” Edited by Sdrales L., ELSEVIER, Chapter 7, Page 74-72.
9. Rahman S. (4 chapters) End Tidal Cabon Dioxide (ETCO2) 362-363, Double Lumen endotracheal tubes (DLT) 342-343, Dead space (VD) 314-315, I:E ratio 476-477. In: Singh-Radcliff N, ed. The 5-Minute Anesthesia Consult. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams&Wilkins,2013:
10. Rahman S. (2009). Deep vein thrombosis prophylaxis: friend or foe. Am J Ther. 16(4):300-3.