Dr Suresh Valiyaveettil received his Ph.d from Ph.D. from University of Victoria, Victoria, B. C., Canada in the 1992. His group at the National University of Singapore is interested in developing functional materials for various applications. Received Singapore Science and Engineering Fair (SSEF) 2012. Silver: VS003 Potential Applications of Tomato and Apple Peels as Biosorbents for the Removal of Water Pollutants.
1) Biomineralization & Biomaterials
2) Environmental pollution and remedies
3) Molecular materials for sensors and ion transport membranes
4) Molecular recognition and Supramolecular chemistry
5) Nanomaterials and Nanotoxicology
6) Surface active materials
7)Synthesis of small molecules and polymers
8) Water purification
1. Barik, S.; Valiyaveettil, S. Synthesis and Self-Assembly of Polyhydroxylated and Electropolymerizable Block Copolymers, Journal of Polymer Science Part A – Polymer Chemistry, 2014, 52, 2217-2227
2. Qureshi, Z. S.; DSouza, R.; Mallampati, R.; Valiyaveettil, S. Synthesis of Amine-Functionalized Block Copolymers for Nanopollutant Removal from Water, Journal of applied Polymer Science 2014, 131, 40943.
3. Mallampati, R.; Valiyaveettil, S.; Eggshell Membrane-Supported Recyclable Catalytic Noble Metal Nanoparticles for Organic Reactions, ACS SUSTAINABLE CHEMISTRY & ENGINEERING, 2014, 2, 855-859.
4. Dhandayuthapani, B.; Mallampati, R.; Sriramulu, D., Dsouza, R. F.; Valiyaveettil, S.; PVA/Gluten Hybrid Nanofibers for Removal of Nanoparticles from Water, ACS SUSTAINABLE CHEMISTRY & ENGINEERING, 2014, 2, 1014-1021.
5. Keerthi, A.; Sriramulu, D.; Liu, Y.; Timothy, C. T. Y.; Wang, Q.; Architectural influence of carbazole push-pull-pull dyes on dye sensitized solar cells, DYES AND PIGMENTS, 2013, 99, 787-797.
6. Mallampati, R; Valiyaveettil, S, Apple Peels-A Versatile Biomass for Water Purification?; ACS APPLIED MATERIALS & INTERFACES, 2013, 5, 4443-4449.
7. Mahanta, N.; Teow, Y.; Valiyaveettil, S.; Viscoelastic hydrogels from poly(vinyl alcohol)-Fe(III) complex, Biomat.Sci., 2013, 1, 519-527.
8. Wang C. Y., Valiyaveettil S. Correlation of biocapping agents with cytotoxic effects of silver nanoparticles on human tumor cells, RSC ADVANCES, 2013, 14329-14338.
9. Mamidala, V., Nalla, V., Maiti, P. S., Valiyaveettil, S., Ji, W., Charge transfer assisted nonlinear optical and photoconductive properties of CdS-AgInS2 nanocrystals grown in semiconducting polymers, JOURNAL OF APPLIED PHYSICS, 2013, 113, Article Number: 123107 DOI: 10.1063/1.4798383 Published: MAR 28 2013
10. Mallampati, R., Valiyaveettil, S., Biomimetic metal oxides for the extraction of nanoparticles from water,NANOSCALE, 2013, 5, 3395-3399.
11. Mahanta, N., Valiyaveettil, S., Functionalized poly(vinyl alcohol) based nanofibers for the removal of arsenic from water, RSC ADVANCES, 2013, 3, 2776-2783.
12. Thangavelu K., Pan C. Q., Karlberg T., Balaji G., Uttamchandani M., Valiyaveettil S., Schüler H., Low B. C.,Sivaraman J., Structural basis for the allosteric inhibitory mechanism of human kidney-type glutaminase (KGA) and its regulation by Raf-Mek-Erk signaling in cancer cell metabolism, PNAS, 2012, 109 (20) 7705-7710.
13. Keerthi A., Liu Y., Wang Q., Valiyaveettil S., Synthesis of Perylene Dyes with Multiple Triphenylamine Substituents, Chemistry-Eur. J., 2012, 18, 11669-11676.
14. Mallampati R., Valiyaveettil S., Application of Tomato Peel as an Efficient Adsorbent for Water Purification –Alternative Biotechnology?, RSC Adv., 2012, 2 (26), 9914 – 9920.
15. Mahanta N., Teow Y., Valiyaveettil, S. Fabrication and Characterization of Hybrid Nanofibers from Poly(Vinyl Alcohol), Milk Protein and Metal Carbonates, J. Nanosci and Nanotech., 2012, 12, 6156-616.
16. Keerthi A.; Valiyaveettil S. Regioisomers of Perylenediimide: Synthesis, Photophysical, and Electrochemical Properties, J. Phys. Chem. B, 2012, 116, 4603-4614.
17. Aitchison, T. J.; Ginic-Markovic, M.; Clarke, S.; Valiyaveettil, S.; Polystyrene-block-poly(methyl methacrylate): Initiation Issues with Block Copolymer Formation Using ARGET ATRP, Macromol. Chem. Phys. 2012, 213, 79 -86.
18. Mallampati, R., Valiyaveettil, S. Simple and Efficient Biomimetic Synthesis of Mn3O4 Hierarchical Structures and Their Application in Water Treatment, J. Nanosci. Nanotech. 2012, 12, 618 – 622.
19. Miasojedovas, A ; Kazlauskas, K ; Armonaite, G ; Sivamurugan,V.; Valiyaveettil, S.; Grazulevicius, J. V.; Jursenas,S. Concentration effects on emission of bay-substituted perylene diimide derivatives in a polymer matrix, Dyes and Pigments, 2012, 92, 1285 – 1291.
1. Erudite Professorship (Oct. 2012) at School of Chemistry, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerala from Kerala Government, India.
2. Singapore Science and Engineering Fair (SSEF) 2012. Silver: VS003 Potential Applications of Tomato and Apple Peels as Biosorbents for the Removal of Water Pollutants, Dillon Chew and Yu Quan Poh, mentored by A/P Valiyaveettil, Suresh (Chemistry)
3. Singapore Science and Engineering Fair (SSEF) 2011. GOLD: Project CH57 mentored by A/P Valiyaveettil,Suresh (Chemistry)
4. Outstanding Scientist Award 2008, Faculty of Science, National University of Singapore.