Dr. Kok Boon Chong his done 2007, Ph.D in Condensed Matter and Materials Physics, Queen Mary University of London, UK and 2001, B.Sc (Hons), Physics, National University of Malaysia, Malaysia. He has published more than 25 articles.
1) Mechanistic understanding of deformation and transformation in metals and oxide, i.e phase transition and transformation, creep, corrosion
2) The origin of residual stress and the effect of residual stresses on these those mechanisms.microstructure-properties study, in both theoretical modelling and experimental for associate problems.
1) G. Viola, K. B. Chong et al, Role of Internal Field and Exhaustion in Ferroelectric Switching, J. Appl. Phys. 115, 034106, 2014
2) G. Viola, K. B. Chong, et al, Effect of Grain Size on Domain Structures, Dielectric and Thermal Depoling of Nd-Substituted Bismuth Titanate Ceramics, Appl. Phys. Lett. 103, 182903, 2013.
3) H. Zhang, M. J. Gorley, K. B. Chong et al, An In-Situ Powder Neutron Diffraction Study of Nano-Precipitate Formation During Processing of Oxide-Dispersion-Strengthened Ferritic Steel, J. Alloy and Comp. 582, 769, 2013.
4) G. Viola, T. Saunders,..K. B. Chong et al, Contribution of Piezoelectric Effect, Electrostriction and Ferroelectric/Ferroelastic Switching to Strain-Electric Field Response of Dielectrics, J. Adv. Dielec. 03, 135007, 2013.
5) M. Preuss, P. Frankel,..K.B. Chong, et al, Studies Regarding Corrosion Mechanisms in Zirconium Alloys, J. ASTM Int., 8(9), 2011.
6) Vopson, Melvin M.; Weaver,..Chong, K. B. et al, Polarization Dynamics and Non-equilibrium Processes in Ferroelectric Switching, IEEE Trans. Ultrasonic, Ferroelectrics and Freq. Control, 58, 1867, 2011.
7) Rao, Ashwin; Chong, Kok Boon; Bouchard, Peter and Fitzpatrick, M. E., Internal Stress Generation in Austentic Stainless Steels During Creep Deformation, 2011 ASME Pressure Vessels and Piping Conference, 17-21 July 2011, Baltimore, MD, USA.
8) K. B. Chong, F. Guiu and M. J. Reece, Thermal activation of ferroelectric switching, J. Appl. Phys., 103, 014101, 2008.
9) S. Sudhakaran, K. B. Chong, D. Barrat and A. Ray, Dielectric response of piezoelectric ceramics at low voltage excitations, Mat. Letts, 62(25), 4173, 2008.
10) K. B. Chong, L. B. Kong, et al, Improvement of dielectric loss tangent of Al2O3 doped Ba0.5Sr0.5TiO3 thin films for tunable microwave devices, J. Appl. Phys., 95(3), 1416, 2004.
11) C. Y. Tan, L. F. Chen, K. B. Chong and C. K. Ong, Non-destructive characterization of ferroelectric thin films using dual microstrip resonator, Rev. Sci. Instrum., 75(1), 136, 2004.