Junior resident at Chiba University Hospital-from April 1972 to March, 1974
Passed the Examination of Japanese National Board of Medical Doctor (#213780) in June 10th, 1974
Senior resident at Chiba University Hospital-from April 1974 to April 1975
Assistant in the 2nd Department of Internal Medicine, Chiba University, School of Medicine-from May, 1975 to June 1981
Obtained the degree of Doctor of Medical Science (Ph.D.) from Chiba University in March, 1981.
Visiting fellow at NIHã€NICHHDã€Endocrinology and Reproduction Research Branch, USA- from July, 1981 to June 1983
Assistant in the 2nd Department of Internal Medicine, Chiba University, School of Medicine-from July, 1983 to April 1986
Lecturer (Associate Professor) in the 2nd Department of Internal Medicne, Chiba University, School of Medicine-from May 1986 to March, 1991
Director of Medicine, Yokohama Rosai Hospital- from April 1991 to May 2000
Vice Director-in General & Director of Medicine, Yokohama Rosai Hospital- from June 2000 to March, 2010.
President, Yokohama Rosai Hospital- from April 2010 to the present
1. Adrenal disorders, including primary aldosteronism and Cushing syndrome or Addison disease
2. Endocrine hypertension
3. Regulation of steroidogenesis, related to actions of ACTH and angiotensin II Metabolic disorders
4. Endocrine functions of diabetes and obesity
5. Diabetic complications with atherosclerosis
1. Houda Sellami, Y.Yatsuzawa, J.Saito, M.Omura, T.Nishikawa: Kinetics of left ventricular mass and renal function in PA patients one year after unilateral adrenalectomy. The 4th International Aldosterone Forum in Japan Tokyo, Japan, May, 2011.
2. Y.Takashi, M.Omura, K.Mishimoto, K.Mukai, K.Makita, S.Matsui, Y.Matsuzawa, J.Saito, T.Nishikawa: Does aldosterone-producing cell clusters (APCC) develop to aldosterone-producing adenoma via its intermediate form of grown APCC in primary aldosteronism? The 4th International Aldosterone Forum in Japan Tokyo, Japan, May, 2011.
3. Gian Paolo Rossi, Marlena Barisa, Bruno Allolio, Richard Auchus, Gregory Kline, Andre Lacroix, Jacques WM Lenders, Steven B Magill, Mitsuhide Naruse, Tetsuo Nishikawa, Pierre Francois Plouin, Martin Reincke, Lars Christian Rump, Fumitoshi Satoh, Michael Stowasser, Christian Strasburger, AkiyoTanabe, Scott Trerotola, Jiri Widimsky, Jr.,K wan-Dun Wu: The Adrenal Vein Sampling International Study(AVIS) on Use and Interpretation of Adrenal Vein Sampling for Identifying the Major Subtypes of Primary Aldosteronism. THE ENDOCRINE SOCIETY’S 93rd Annual Meeting & Expo, June, 2011
4. M.Omura, K.Makita, S.Matsui, M.Nagata, Y.Matsuzawa, J.Saito, K.Yamaguchi, T.Nishikawa: Superselective ACTH-Stimulated Adrenal Venous Sampling Enables Treatment of Patients with Aldosterone-Producing Adenoma by Unilateral Partial Adrenalectomy. THE ENDOCRINE SOCIETY’S 93rd Annual Meeting & Expo, June, 2011
5. T.Nishikawa, Y.Matsuzawa, J.Saito, M.Omura: Clinical parameters including the RAA systems during treatment with selective aldosterone blocker, eplerenone in patients with bilateral adrenal hyperaldosteronemia (IHA). The 75th Annual Scientific Meeting of the Japanese Circulation Society, Aug, 2011
6. Y.Matsuzawa, H.Sellami, J.Saito, M.Omura, T.Nishikawa: Study on the effect of aldosterone excess on abnormal glucose metabolism. The European Association for the Study of Diabetes. 47th Annual MeetingLisbon – Portugal, Sept, 2011
1. Y.Matsuzawa, K.Sakurai, J.Saito, M.Omura, T.Nishikawa: Salivery cortisol can reflect adiposity and insulin sensitivity in type 2 diabetes. In “Steroid- Clinical Aspect”, edited by Hassan Abduljabbar, published by InTech, Croatia, STEROIDS 2011, 141-149
2. M.Omura, J.Saito, Y.Matsuzawa, T.Nishikawa: Supper-selective ACTH-stimulated adrenal vein sampling is necessary for detecting precisely functional state of various lesions in unilateral and bilateral adrenal disorders, inducing primary aldosteronism with subclinical Cushing’s syndrome. Endocrine Journal 2011, 58 (10), 919-920
3. T.Nishikawa, M.Omura, F.Satoh, H.Shibata, K.Takahashi, N.Tamura, A.Tanabe: Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of primary aldosteronism ï¼The Japan Endocrine Society 2009 Endocr J 2011, 58, 711-721