Currently, Dr. Jayvadan K. Patel is a Professor of Pharmaceutics and Principal, Nootan Pharmacy College, Visnagar-384315, Gujarat, India. He has more than 20 years of academic and research experience, has published more than 225 research and review papers in international and national Journals and has presented more than 150 research papers at various international and national conferences as author and co-author. His papers have been cited more than 2300 times, with more than 50 of them receiving more than 50 citations each. Dr. Patel is an author of 16 books or book chapters. Dr. Patel has guided 30 PhD; 83 M Pharm students for dissertation work. His 12 projects worth more than Rs. 1.5 Crore are funded by government agencies and industry. Dr. Patel is recipient of prestigious “APTI Young Pharmacy Teacher Award-2014” by Association of Pharmaceutical Teachers of India, Principal of year-2014 Award by Research Scholar Hub, Fast Track Young Scientists Award by SERB, Government of India, GSA-CHARUSAT Best PhD thesis award-2014, Outstanding Young Indians-2010 award by JCI India, and Young Pharmacist Award-2013 by Indian Pharmacy Graduate’s Association.
1) Gastroretentive/Targeted Drug Delivery Systems
2) Helicobacter pylori therapy
3) Bioadhesive/ Mucoadhesive Drug elivery Systems
4) Supercritical Fluid Technology
5) Liposomal and Niosomal Drug Delivery Systems
6) Optimization Techniques and Pharmaceutical Statistics
7) Micro/Nanoparticulate Drug Delivery Systems.
1) J. K. Patel, B.S. Dave, A.F. Amin and M.M. Patel. Fabrication of gastroretentive metformin hydrochloride tablets: application of optimized viscosity approach. J. of Pharmacy and Pharmacology. 2004; September: 52. (Impact Factor: 2.161)
2) J. K. Patel and M.M. Patel. Stomach specific anti-Helicobacter Pylori therapy- preparation and evaluation of amoxicillin loaded chitosan mucoadhesive microspheres. J. of Pharmacy and Pharmacology. 2005; September: 15. (Impact Factor: 2.161)
3) Jayvadan K. Patel and Madhabhai M. Patel. Stomach specific anti-Helicobacter Pylori therapypreparation and evaluation of amoxicillin loaded chitosan mucoadhesive microspheres. Current Drug Delivery. 2007; 4(1): 41-51. (Impact Factor: 1.728)
4) Jayvadan K. Patel and Jayant R. Chavda. Formulation and evaluation of stomach specific amoxicillinloaded carbopol-934P mucoadhesive microspheres for anti-Helicobacter pylori therapy. Journal of Microencapsulation. 2009; 26(4): 305-316. (Impact Factor: 1.890)
5) Shreeraj H. Shah, Nirav V. Patel, Jayvadan K. Patel. An overview on gastro retentive floating drug delivery systems. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2009; 4 (1): 65-80. (Impact Factor: 0.921)
6) Shreeraj H. Shah, Nirav V. Patel, Jayvadan K. Patel. Gastroretentive floating drug delivery system with potential herbal/integrative approaches for H. Pylori eradication- A review. The Chinese Journal of Integrative Medicine. 2009; 7(10): 976-982. (Impact Factor: 0.42)
7) Ravi R. Patel, Jayvadan Patel. Development and evaluation of in situ novel intragastric controlledrelease formulation of hydrochlorothiazide. Acta Pharm. 2011; 61(1): 73-82. (Impact Factor: 1.312)
8) Hitesh Dalvadi, Jayvadan K Patel. Design and evaluation of gastroretentive tablets of atenolol using HPMC polymer. European Journal of Parenteral & Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2011; 16(1): 87-92. (Impact Factor: 0.125)
9) Hitesh Dalvadi, Jayvadan K Patel. Development and characterization of controlled release mucoadhesive tablets of captopril to increase the residence time in the gastrointestinal tract. Lat. Am. J. Pharm. 2011; 30 (2): 266-272. (Impact Factor: 0.323)
10) Patel R.R and Patel J.K. Optimization of in-situ forming intragastric oral formulations with different grade of PEGs. ARS Pharmaceuitca. 2011; 52(2): 25-30. (Impact Factor: 0.5)
1) Nirav Patel, Jayvadan Patel. “Formulation and evaluation of gastroretentive drug delivery system”book published by Lambert Academic Publishing, Deutschland. (pages-268; ISBN 978-3-8454-4209-9)
2) Jayvadan Patel. Chapter “Gastroretentive Dosage Forms for Prolonging Gastric Residence Time for H. pylori Eradication” in \"Gastric and Duodenal Ulcers\", ISBN 978-953-307-241-8 book will be published by InTech open access publisher.
3) Jayvadan Patel, Vibha Champavat. Chapter-13 “Gastrointestinal toxicity of nanomaterials” in Biointeractions of Nano materials book published by Taylor and Francis, Boca Raton, Florida, USA. (pages-259-283; ISBN 978-1-46-658238-5)
4) Jayvadan Patel, Anita Patel. Chapter-14 “Toxicity of nanomaterials on Liver, spleen, kidneys” in Biointeractions of Nano materials book published by Taylor and Francis, Boca Raton, Florida, USA. (pages-285-313; ISBN 978-1-46-658238-5)
Research Papers Presented:
1) Stomach specific anti-Helicobacter Pylori therapy- formulation and evaluation of mucoadhesive amoxicillin microspheres at National symposium on contemporary development in life sciences, March 4, 2006, at department of life sciences, Hemchandracharya North Gujarat University, Patan.
2) Stomach specific anti-Helicobacter Pylori therapy- formulation and evaluation of mucoadhesive amoxicillin nanospheres at NanoBio-2006 Conference, 19th to 22nd June 2006, San Francisco, California, USA.