Farzam Vaziri is currently Assistant Professor of Medical Bacteriology at Pasteur Institute of Iran. He earned his Master and PhD in Medical Bacteriology at Tarbiat Modares University, Iran. In his PhD thesis work he worked on the signaling pathways in Gastric cancer related to Helicobacter pylori CagA oncoproteins.
During his PhD, Farzam accepted a position as researcher at Gastroenterology and Liver Disease Research Center, Shahid Beheshti University, Iran, where he worked for 2 years. During that time, he carried out several projects related to Gastroenterology.
1) Helicobacter pylori
3) Gastric cancer
1) Nastaran Farzi, Tannaz Malekian, Masoud Alebouyeh, Farzam Vaziri, Mohammad Reza Zali: Genotype diversity and quasispecies development of Helicobacter pylori in a single host. Japanese journal of infectious diseases 12/2014;
2) Farzam Vaziri, Shahin Najar Peerayeh, Masoud Alebouyeh, Nader Maghsoudi, Pedram Azimzadeh, Seyed Davar Siadat, Mohammad Reza Zali: Novel effects of Helicobacter pylori CagA on key genes of gastric cancer signal transduction: a comparative transfection study. FEMS Immunology & Medical Microbiology 12/2014;
3) Masoud Alebouyeh, Farzam Vaziri, Shahin Najar Peerayeh, Seyed Davar Siadat: A letter to the editor comment on: five-year monitoring of considerable changes in tyrosine phosphorylation motifs of the Helicobacter pylori cagA gene in Iran. Journal of applied genetics 10/2014;
4) Abbas Farhadian, Qorban Behzadian Nejad, Shahin Najar peerayeh, Mohammad Rahbar, Farzam Vaziri: Determination of Vancomycin and Methicillin Resistance in Clinical Isolates of Staphylococcus aureus in Iranian Hospitals. British Microbiology Research Journal. 04/2014; 4(4):454-461.
5) Farzam Vaziri, Masoud Alebouyeh, Shahin Najar Peerayeh: Comment on: ‘’Presence of Terminal EPIYA Phosphorylation Motifs in Helicobacter pylori CagA Contributes to IL-8 Secretion, Irrespective of the Number of Repeats’’. PLoS ONE 02/2014;
6) Farzam Vaziri, Shahin Najar Peerayeh, Masoud Alebouyeh, Tabassom Mirzaei, Yoshio Yamaoka, Mahsa Molaei, Nader Maghsoudi, Mohammad Reza Zali: Diversity of Helicobacter pylori genotypes in Iranian patients with different gastroduodenal disorders. World Journal of Gastroenterology 09/2013; 19(33).
7) Farzam Vaziri, Shahin Najar Peerayeh, Masoud Alebouyeh, Mahsa Molaei, Nader Maghsoudi, Mohammad Reza Zali: Determination of Helicobacter pylori CagA EPIYA types in Iranian isolates with different gastroduodenal disorders.. Infection, genetics and evolution: journal of molecular epidemiology and evolutionary genetics in infectious diseases 04/2013;
v 8) Farzam Vaziri, Masoud Alebouyeh: A letter to the editor: Helicobacter pylori iceA, Clinical Outcomes, and Correlation with cagA: A Meta-Analysis. PLoS ONE 10/2012;
9) Somayeh Jahani Sherafat, Elahe Tajeddin, Mohammad Reza Seyyed Majidi, Farzam Vaziri, Masoud Alebouyeh, Amir Hooshang Mohammad Alizadeh, Ehsan Nazemalhosseini Mojarad, Mohammad Reza Zali: Lack of association between Helicobacter pylori infection and biliary tract diseases.. Polish journal of microbiology / Polskie Towarzystwo Mikrobiologów = The Polish Society of Microbiologists 01/2012; 61(4):319-22.
10) Farzam Vaziri, Shahin Najar Peerayeh, Qorban Behzadian Nejad, Abbas Farhadian: The prevalence of aminoglycoside-modifying enzyme genes (aac (6′)-I, aac (6′)-II, ant (2“)-I, aph (3′)-VI) in Pseudomonas aeruginosa.. Clinics (São Paulo, Brazil) 01/2011; 66(9):1519-22.