1. Climatic change: Temporal and spatial variability of climatic parameters in Greece, in the wider region of Balkans and in Northern Hemisphere.
2. Bioclimatology: Bioclimatic conditions in the Greater Athens Area and Greece, for tourism and human comfort, using specific models and methods.
3. Environment and Human Health: The influence of environmental factors to human health and especially on the psychological, cardiovascular and respiratory symptoms.
4. Acid rain-air pollution: Acid rain phenomenon in Athens, and spatio-temporal variability of air pollutants in relation to meteorological parameters and their impact on human health.
1. Nastos, P.T., Philandras, C.M., Founda, D., Zerefos, C.S., (2011), Air temperature trends related to changes in atmospheric circulation in the wider area of Greece. International Journal of Remote Sensing, 32 (3), 737-750.
2. Nastos, P.T., Paliatsos, A.G, Anthracopoulos, M.B., Roma, E.S and Priftis, K.N., (2010), Outdoor particulate matter and childhood asthma admissions in Athens, Greece: a time-series study. Environmental Health, 9(45), DOI:10.1186/1476-069X-9-45.
3. Nastos, P.T., Matzarakis, A.P., (2008), Variability of tropical days over Greece within the second half of the twentieth century. Theoretical and Applied Climatology, 93 (1-2), 75-89.
4. Kaskaoutis, D.G., Kambezidis, H.D., Nastos, P.T., Kosmopoulos, P.G., (2008), Study on an intense dust storm over Greece. Atmospheric Environment, 42(29), 6884-6896.
5. Nastos, P.T., Matzarakis, A., (2006), Weather impacts on respiratory infections in Athens, Greece. International Journal of Biometeorology, 50 (6), 358-369.