Hong-Yi Gong received the Ph.D. degree in 2004 from Graduate Institute of Life Sciences, co-sponsored by National Defense Medical Center and Academia Sinica, Taiwan. From 2004 to 2008, Dr. Gong was a Postdoctoral Research Fellow using zebrafish as the animal model of human liver diseases (from steatosis to liver cancers) under the supervisor Distinguished Research Fellow Jen-Leih Wu in the Institute of Cellular and Organismic Biology, Academia Sinica, Taiwan. From 2008 to present, he is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Aquaculture, and Center of Excellence for the Oceans, National Taiwan Ocean University, Taiwan. Dr. Gong is now a Board Member of the Taiwan Marine Biotechnology Society (2012/12~2016/12), and the Fisheries Society of Taiwan (2015/01-2017/01).
5)Genetic Improvement of Farmed Aquatic Animals
Honors and Awards
1. Dr. Gong's Invention patent: "A Novel Muscle Enhancer Sequence and Applications Thereof" won the Platinum Award (1st Award in Biotechnology) of Invention Competition in 2014 Taipei International Invention Show & Technomart, Sep.20, 2014.
2. 2014 Award of Intellectual Property Protection and Application provided by Council Of Agriculture, Taiwan
3. Establishment of world first transgenic pink fluorescent angelfish (Pterophyllum scalare var.) and exhibited at 2012 Taiwan International Aquarium Expo., Dec. 2012
4. Travel Award supported by 2008 Zebrafish Meeting Organizers and the Society for Developmental Biology (SDB) for 8th International Meeting on Zebrafish Dev elopment and Genetics. June25~June29, 2008. The University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA.
5. Excellent Poster Award in Basic Research Section. 2008 The 13th Taiwan Joint Cancer Conference
6.Excellent Poster Award through The Taiwan Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology in The 23th Joint Annual Conference of Biomedical Sciences