1. Remote sensing data processing, high-performance and cloud geo-computation.
2. Open-Source Geospatial Research and Development.
3. Geospatial applications to disaster management, environmental monitoring, agriculture and ecological conservation
1. Vu T.T. Mapping big cities of developing countries with 8-band very highresolution satellite image (preparation for submission).
2. Thy P., Vu T.T., and Nguyen L.D. Urbanization in the climate change context â€“ a revealed story with remote sensing (preparation for submission).
3. Yuchu Q., Vu T.T., Ban Y., and Niu, Z., Synergic applications of Geometric and Radiometric Attributes of LiDAR data for urban land cover mapping (submitted)
4. Yuchu Q., Yao W., Vu T.T., Niu Z., and Ban Y. Characterizing Radiometric Attributes of Point Clouds Data using Normalized Reflective Factor (submitted).
5. Yuchu Q., Vu T.T., Ban Y., and Niu, Z., 2012. Range Determination for Generating Point Clouds from Airborne Small Footprint LiDAR Waveform. Optics Express 20(23), pp. 25935-25947.
6. Yuchu Q., Vu T.T., and Ban Y., 2012. Optimal algorithm for LiDAR waveform decomposition. IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, Vol. 9(3), pp. 482-486.
7. Vu T.T., 2011. Building extraction from high-resolution satellite image for tsunami early damage estimation. Applied Geomatics, Vol. 3(2), pp. 75-81.
8. Wen L., Yamazaki F., and Vu T.T., 2011. Automated vehicle extraction and speed determination from QuickBird satellite images. IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing, Vol. 4 (1), pp. 75-82.
9. Vu T.T. and Ban Y., 2010. Context-based damage mapping from highresolution optical satellite images. International Journal of Remote Sensing, Vol. 31 (13), pp. 3411 â€“ 3425.
10. Vu T.T., Matsuoka M., and Yamazaki F., 2009. Multi-scale solution for building extraction from LiDAR and image data. International Journal of Applied Earth Observation and Geoinformation, Vol. 11(4), pp. 281-289.
11. Vu T.T., Matsuoka M., and Yamazaki F., 2007. Dual-scale approach to detect the tsunami-affected areas using optical satellite images. International Journal of Remote Sensing, Vol. 28, No. 13-14, pp. 2995-3011.
12. Huyck, C.K., Matsuoka M., Takahashi, Y. and Vu T.T., 2006. Reconnaissance technologies used after the 2004 Niigata Ken Chuetsu, Japan earthquake. Earthquake Spectra, Vol. 22, No. S1, pp. S133-S145.
13. Vu T.T., Matsuoka M., and Yamazaki F., 2005. Detection and Animation of Damage Using Very High Resolution Satellite Image Following the 2003 Bam, Iran Earthquake. Earthquake Spectra, Vol. 21, No. S1, pp. S319-S327.
14. Vu T.T. and Tokunaga M., 2004. Filtering airborne laser scanner data: A wavelet-based clustering method. Photogrammetric Engineering & Remote Sensing, Vol. 70, No. 11, pp. 1267-1274.
15. Vu T.T., Tokunaga M. and Yamazaki F., 2003. Wavelet-based Extraction of Buildings Features from Low-Density Airborne Laser Scanner Data, Canadian Journal of Remote Sensing, Vol. 29, No. 6, pp. 783-791.
16. Vu T.T., Tokunaga M., and Yamazaki F., 2003. Extraction of buildings from airborne laser scanner data and aerial photograph: A wavelet-based approach. Journal of the Japan Society of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing, Vol. 42, No. 5, pp. 40-47.
17. Vu T.T. and Tokunaga M., 2000. Effect of Coherence on DEMs Derived from SAR Interferometry. Asian Journal of Geoinformatics, Vol.1, No.2, pp.33-39.
1. Khanh N.D., Vu T.T., Ban Y., 2014. Ushahidi and Sahana Eden Open-Source Platforms to assist disaster relief: geospatial components and capabilities. In â€œGeoinformation for Informed Decisionsâ€, Rahman A.A., Boguslawski P., Francois A., Said M.N., Omar K.M. (Eds.). Springer, ISBN 978-3-319-03644- 1, pp. 163-174.
2. Vu T.T. and Matsuoka M. 2010. Towards a quick damage detection system based on grid-computing. In \\\" Geographic Information and Cartography for Risk and Crisis Management: Towards Better Solutions\\\", Konecny M., Zlatanova S. and Bandrova T.L. (Eds.). Springer, ISBN 978-3642034411, pp. 155-170.
1. Vu T.T., 2013. Geospatial technology uses in post-disaster response â€“ the power of the crowd. Disaster Advances, Vol. 6(4), pp. 1-3.
2. Vu T.T., 2012. The Role of Geospatial Technologies in Disaster Emergency Responses. Journal of Geology and Geosciences, Vol. 1(1).