Dr. Chang-Er Chen got his first degree of Bachelor in Environmental Science from Northwest A&F University, China in 2006. After that, he studied Environmental Science at Dalian University of Technology (DUT), China and obtained his Master degree (MSc) after three years’ work on persistent organic pollutants (POPs) in the environment and human in 2009. Then he moved to the U.K. and received his Doctorate in Environmental Science from Lancaster University, in 2014, mainly worked on development and applications of passive water samplers for polar organic contaminants (POCs) particularly for pharmaceuticals and personal care products (PPCPs). Between 2016 and 2018 he worked at Stockholm University, Sweden as a post-doctoral researcher, working on bioaccumulation study of mixture organic chemicals. From November 2017, he is appointed as a research Professor @ South China Normal University, Guangzhou, China.
Environmental fate, behaviour, effects and risk assessment of organic contaminants, particularly:
• Pharmaceuticals and personal care products (PPCPs);
• Bioaccumulation of organic compounds in fish;
• Fate and behaviour of organic pollutants (PPCPs and POPs) in the aquatic, terrestrial environments;
• Trends in environmental PPCPs/POPs contamination and the implications for sources;
Development and applications of novel passive sampling and analytical techniques (o-DGT – chemical sensors) for water, soil and sediment;
Chemicals Risk Assessment, management and regulation.
1. Changer L. Chen, Karin Löfstrand, Margaretha Adolfsson-Erici and Matthew MacLeod. Determination of Fragrance Ingredients in Fish by Ultrasound-Assisted Extraction Followed by Purge & Trap. Analytical Methods, 2017, 9(15), 2237-2245. (Front Cover paper)
16. Chang-Er Chen, Hongxia Zhao, Qing Xie and Jingwen Chen. Ultrasonic-assisted extraction and gas chromatography-negative chemical ionization-mass spectrometry for the determination of polybrominated diphenyl ethers in pine needles. Chinese Journal of Chromatography (è‰²è°±), 2009, 27(1), 59-62. (In Chinese).